No announcement yet.

P14 R14) Away to Bennetton Saturday March 21st 17.15 on Eir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was really looking forward to the game. Had flights, tickets & accommodation all sorted. Young fella's birthday present and the missus' first live Munster match. That said, I think it's the right decision. And it's a small price to pay compared to those who've suffered as a result of the virus.

Comment

That's a shame. It is a brilliant trip. We have been a good few times. Hopefully your airline and hotel will be helpful?
      "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by motastic View Post
        Was really looking forward to the game. Had flights, tickets & accommodation all sorted. Young fella's birthday present and the missus' first live Munster match. That said, I think it's the right decision. And it's a small price to pay compared to those who've suffered as a result of the virus.
        Benetton refunded any pre bought tickets for their recently postponed game v Ulster. Recovering flight costs will depend if you were flying from Ireland or the UK as the govt of the former has declared the entire Veneto region essential only travel but the latter is saying only the original 10 towns in the outbreak is essential only travel.

Was supposed to be at the Benetton Ulster game. Hadn't pre bought ticket and hotel was free cancellation but all I got back on the flight was the APD (scrapped in Ireland) of £19. Good luck to all trying to recover funds from airlines/travel insurance. Some of our party had success dealing with the hotels, best talk direct to them.

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah - free cancellation on the hotel and a probable refund on the match tickets. The flights are Ryanair so fat chance there! I hear that they’re cancelling flights from mid March so maybe mine might be one of them....

Comment

Originally posted by motastic View Post
            Thanks guys, yeah - free cancellation on the hotel and a probable refund on the match tickets. The flights are Ryanair so fat chance there! I hear that they’re cancelling flights from mid March so maybe mine might be one of them....
            If the Irish govt travel advice stay same until day of travel, i.e. essential only travel to Veneto, then either Ryanair/your travel insurance have to refund you. Check the terms of any insurance, some of our groups' policies has a £100 excess before they would refund money etc

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post

If the Irish govt travel advice stay same until day of travel, i.e. essential only travel to Veneto, then either Ryanair/your travel insurance have to refund you. Check the terms of any insurance, some of our groups' policies has a £100 excess before they would refund money etc
              I'm flying from Germany and they don't seem to have travel restrictions. No wonder the number of cases is rising dramatically. Bl00dy skiers!!!!

Comment

Just had a thought, and maybe it's answered on another thread. How much do these postponements effect the players' pay packets? Will missing out on appearance (and scoring) bonuses a major part of their contracts?

Comment

Does the quarantine Italy has imposed on northern Italy mean the away game will not no go ahead- or the return?

Comment

The away match was called off last week. See post 25 above.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      The away match was called off last week. See post 25 above.
                      Thanks, I think this is the sort of occasion young people say..my bad

Comment

https://www.the42.ie/pro14-cancelled...39071-Mar2020/

This is what I was afraid of.

Comment

I heard active rugby topics are to be suspended from midnight tonight.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gathering Moss View Post
                              Good article but air head comment after it saying because Benetton play top three in conference B, it levels out- neglecting the fact we have two games against them.
                              Pro14 statement tomorrow will be interesting

Comment

There is no way that Benetton will travel to Cork so better get the uncertainty out of the way and make it 2x 0-0. It will mean that we realistically will not get the top position but the team can now concentrate on securing the 2nd spot. There are some things you cannot change and you have to leave it behind you.

At the end of the day you will have to beat Leinster to become champion. Whatever it's the semi final of the grand final.

Right now they've over a month time to prepare for the Cardiff game.

Comment

Working...
                                X