P14 R14) Away to Bennetton Saturday March 21st 17.15 on Eir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P14 R14) Away to Bennetton Saturday March 21st 17.15 on Eir

May as well open a thread for a game in doubt anyway for a bit of griping.

Keats for MOTM!
    I am the million man.

I know Wallyman was more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago about this one being played- and while I hope he is right- I can’t see this one happening.

Comment

No chance I’d say. Shame, our young lads were getting on a nice roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
        No chance I’d say. Shame, our young lads were getting on a nice roll.
        I wonder would they play it behind closed doors, like some of the serie A football?
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

I wonder would they play it behind closed doors, like some of the serie A football?
          Does it matter?

The way things are progressing none of the main rugby competitions in Europe will be completed by the season end.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
            I know Wallyman was more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago about this one being played- and while I hope he is right- I can’t see this one happening.
            I still think that behind closed doors or a different venue is possible. Serie A games (and all sport events apparently) in central and Southern Italy have been unaffected by the lock down.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

I still think that behind closed doors or a different venue is possible. Serie A games (and all sport events apparently) in central and Southern Italy have been unaffected by the lock down.
              From a rugby point of view I hope our games against them do go ahead- but I think things are now ramping up- and I can see all sorts of things cancelled.

Comment

I wonder what odds I'd get from Paddy Power on a 0-0 draw.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

From a rugby point of view I hope our games against them do go ahead- but I think things are now ramping up- and I can see all sorts of things cancelled.
                  I dont want to be touchy...

but...

you did gently point out ot me a but a few datys ago (on another thread) - that such musing were unhelpful....

On the substantive point - I havent seen a league table of who will be worst hit if only the Itialian games are 0-0. May well kill off Munster's chances of finisihing top...
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

I dont want to be touchy...

but...

you did gently point out ot me a but a few datys ago (on another thread) - that such musing were unhelpful....

On the substantive point - I havent seen a league table of who will be worst hit if only the Itialian games are 0-0. May well kill off Munster's chances of finisihing top...
                    Apologies for that, I recall was harsh to both the exaggeration and trivialisation exaggeration positions (especially the latter), and at that stage- although it was only a couple of weeks ago- it wasnt clear how it might develop. As things stand now there seems to be growing evidence of cross contamination among those who haven't travelled to regions where there is a problem, and that's the point at which the current 'confinement' approach seems to break down. Although the numbers are small, the UK cases went up 50% over the weekend, and the same trend seems to have occurred previously in many of the other places with outbreaks.

Back to the rugby...I was worried about this too, because we have two fixtures against Benneton, and Edinburgh have one. When I looked at it, Edinburgh's away game actually only earned then 1 point (they lost 18-16), so in reality, a 0-0 for both home games wont really affect the top of the table. We really need them to drop points, before they play us, with their away games to Cheetahs, Ulster and Connacht possible candidates. They have us and Glasgow at home, but we have Leinster and Scarletts away as well as Glasgow and Connacht at home. Against that background a win away in Italy would have been very handy.

Comment

Apologies for that, I recall was harsh to both the exaggeration and trivialisation exaggeration positions (especially the latter), and at that stage- although it was only a couple of weeks ago- it wasnt clear how it might develop. As things stand now there seems to be growing evidence of cross contamination among those who haven't travelled to regions where there is a problem, and that's the point at which the current 'confinement' approach seems to break down. Although the numbers are small, the UK cases went up 50% over the weekend, and the same trend seems to have occurred previously in many of the other places with outbreaks.

Back to the rugby...I was worried about this too, because we have two fixtures against Benneton, and Edinburgh have one. When I looked at it, Edinburgh's away game actually only earned then 1 point (they lost 18-16), so in reality, a 0-0 for both home games wont really affect the top of the table. We really need them to drop points, before they play us, with their away games to Cheetahs, Ulster and Connacht possible candidates. They have us and Glasgow at home, but we have Leinster and Scarletts away as well as Glasgow and Connacht at home. Against that background a win away in Italy would have been very handy.
                      A very generous reply...

But I'm not sure I agree with the idea that because Edinburger (arguably) fecked up away to Benetton it "wont really affect the top of the table". A Munster win away with 4 points would have been expected and so it is a (potential) loss of 2 points.

The Edinburgh game probably takes on the significance of a HCup quarter final. Which is extermely good for the League.

Comment

A very generous reply...

But I'm not sure I agree with the idea that because Edinburger (arguably) fecked up away to Benetton it "wont really affect the top of the table". A Munster win away with 4 points would have been expected and so it is a (potential) loss of 2 points.

The Edinburgh game probably takes on the significance of a HCup quarter final. Which is extermely good for the League.
                        Absolutely, it would have given us an opportunity to pick up points where they dropped them, as opposed to having to rely on them dropping more. Unusually for the league we may need a Piquet masterclass on which of the opposition will have anything to play for as things unfold.

Comment

Absolutely, it would have given us an opportunity to pick up points where they dropped them, as opposed to having to rely on them dropping more. Unusually for the league we may need a Piquet masterclass on which of the opposition will have anything to play for as things unfold.
                          send for the great man/woman/other immediately.

Comment

send for the great man/woman/other immediately.
                            see Pro 14 thread...

Comment

Presumably This match won’t be going ahead but has there been any official confirmation as to this and the following match and that the 0-0 score is the way it will be recorded? Thought we would have heard something seeing as it’s so close.

Comment

Working...
                              X