P14 R13) Home to Scarlets - Saturday 17:00 - Eir and Premiersports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

He certainly looks the part, but he's available next year. I'd imagine DOS was being picked partly to try to make a final assessment, as his contract is up this year. You can understand the motivation to give DOS a chance to show he's worth further investment.
    Yep, I think that is probably what was going on.

It took Baird 80 minutes to get his 3 tries and Coombes only had about 15 to get his 2.

But...I do think we have to (reluctantly) agree that Baird looks some prospect.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Eternal credit to all those brave souls who perished in pursuit of the full five points. I wonder how many made it out the next day to Ennis and Semple Stadium and Sathill?
      All supporters at it will probably need to wear a sign for the next week with a disclaimer saying...I stood out in a storm to watch a rugby match and that’s why I’m coughing and sneezing.
      Last edited by Stringer9; 2nd-March-2020, 11:30.
      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

While watching it (on TV) i was thinking the same, but thinking about it afterwards, moving the ball accurately was very difficult. That's partly why their lineout was fairly effective against us, the wind meant we could only reliably hit the front or at a stretch the middle of the line out- all they had to do was to pack their jumpers towards the front. When it came to exploiting the extra man, we either broke through up front (but them they had backs filling in), or risk going wide, where there might have been space- but the the conditions are like an extra defender. All in all it was a relief to scrape over the line with the 4th try.
        I actually think Aaron Shingler was as much a menace as the wind on Munster's line outs.
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

I expected no one to agree with me and as I said I understand conditions were awful but I was disappointed Munster didn't try to exploit the extra man (two for 10 mins) count more. The Scarlets defended really narrow at times and I felt Munster certainly could have looked to go beyond 12 more than they did.
          I agree with you. Was disappointed Sweets chance wasnt converted
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
            Good win in tricky conditions. It was helped by the Scarlets second row who luckily is no Mike Tyson but even against 14 men, in those conditions it's like having a much narrower pitch because they cannot go wide often. When they went down to 13 it was much easier.

Casey was very good. Coombes once again made a big impact off the bench. It's hard to see why he's gotten so few opportunities this season. KOB had another excellent game and has been munsters best hooker this season.

Every point could be vital now with the treat of match cancellations.
            He certainly is no mike tyson... hilarious stuff out of him....

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Comment

2 things struck me yesterday, the 9 jersey is now Murrays to win back & the TV does not do Coombes justice, he looks like an adult playing with children. huge man and will be asight playing in a team with Snyman & Wycherley

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

I agree with you. Was disappointed Sweets chance wasnt converted
                  The pass from Nash meant he had to check his run and took all his momentum away. They both looked really lively when they did get the ball. I think Nash has a lot of potential. He runs a bit like Earls. Very direct and attacks the defensive line hard.
                  He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Of all of the recent contenders for Murray's jersey - Hart, McCarthy, Cronin - Casey has seemingly passed them all out in rapid time. He really looks the real deal doesn't he?
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

The pass from Nash meant he had to check his run and took all his momentum away. They both looked really lively when they did get the ball. I think Nash has a lot of potential. He runs a bit like Earls. Very direct and attacks the defensive line hard.
                      I agree with Cowboy - it should have been converted. When you have an overlap, you still need to deliver the pass correctly. Still, Nash had a really good match and a lot of involvement considering it wasn't really a winger's day.
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

I agree with Cowboy - it should have been converted. When you have an overlap, you still need to deliver the pass correctly. Still, Nash had a really good match and a lot of involvement considering it wasn't really a winger's day.
                        Definitely. Maybe overall given the conditions they did well but I was really disappointed they didn't finish that and the ball Haley kicked dead when Nash was outside him. Casey has massive potential! He is an absolute live wire and was barking orders all day too, like he's been there his while life. He was my MOTM.

Comment

The big broad grin on Billys face when he touched was a sight , You couldn't help but be happy for him and you saw what it meant to all his team mates as well. That man is Munster.

Comment

Given that Nash managed to impress on the worst kind of day for a relatively small winger with quick feet, the signs are good. Mind you with Earls, Conway and Haley so nailed on (and on form), it's going to be hard for any winger to break in.

Comment

Of all of the recent contenders for Murray's jersey - Hart, McCarthy, Cronin - Casey has seemingly passed them all out in rapid time. He really looks the real deal doesn't he?
                              Fine line but I think he needs to mind himself to a degree. He got himself caught in a dodgy position or two on Saturday tackling fellas three times his size head on, on the periphery of rucks. That said, you couldn't help but be excited at what he's bringing to the field
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueberry View Post

Given that Nash managed to impress on the worst kind of day for a relatively small winger with quick feet, the signs are good. Mind you with Earls, Conway and Haley so nailed on (and on form), it's going to be hard for any winger to break in.
                                We need at least 5 fellas in the back three area playing out of their skins.
                                Earls Conway Haley Sweetnam Nash....
                                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X