Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P14 R12) Away to Zebre - Friday 19.35 - Eir and Premiersports

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    P14 R12) Away to Zebre - Friday 19.35 - Eir and Premiersports

    Game thread beginneth

    Nice to be wondering what exciting young players will be involved or not, you get the feeling with Daly Nash Goggin Casey Hodnett JOS Knox and so on you might see the spine of the next Munster side. All of a sudden there is a small glut of buckos


    I am the million man.

    #2
    Ah yes the annual cultural trip is now approaching fast. A crack(ed) delegation is being assembled for this fixture.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

    Comment


      #3
      Not sure what the rationale is, but it's rare for a young player like Hodnett to get two starts in a row, so there may be more rotation there, maybe with JOS coming in. The national squad players may be gone from all provinces again, so that means JOD and Chris Farrell would n't be available.
      I'd like to see Coombes get a start in that case.
      At scrum-half I would say more rotation so Casey to start on bench, with McCarthy starting.
      Other than Scannell in for Farrell, there may be no change in the other backs.

      We don't need a 5-point win to my mind.
      But it would be nice.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post
        Not sure what the rationale is, but it's rare for a young player like Hodnett to get two starts in a row, so there may be more rotation there, maybe with JOS coming in. The national squad players may be gone from all provinces again, so that means JOD and Chris Farrell would n't be available.
        I'd like to see Coombes get a start in that case.
        At scrum-half I would say more rotation so Casey to start on bench, with McCarthy starting.
        Other than Scannell in for Farrell, there may be no change in the other backs.

        We don't need a 5-point win to my mind.
        But it would be nice.
        I would like to see Goggin start at 12 again- he did very well, and other than the outstanding debutant, deserved MOTM. I realise that Scannell in with Goggin moving across is more likely, unless they start Arnold.

        i think we do need- and should get 5-points- realistically, Zebre losing what internationals they have leaves any side we are likely to select stronger than them. We have some tricky games later in the season- would prefer we reached them with as big a cushion as possible- otherwise we’ll need to beat Edinburgh and Scarletts on the road.

        Comment


          #5
          There is talk about players being released from Int. squad back to provinces after team announcement on Wednesday so we might get Farrell & JOD back.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
            There is talk about players being released from Int. squad back to provinces after team announcement on Wednesday so we might get Farrell & JOD back.
            Flying out to Italy on Thursday so at best they'll be on the bench.

            Comment


              #7
              Just a reminder that this game is not in Parma, but instead in NW Milan at the Stadio Giovanni Mari. Part of a rugby festival in Milan.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                Ah yes the annual cultural trip is now approaching fast. A crack(ed) delegation is being assembled for this fixture.
                Enjoy!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                  Just a reminder that this game is not in Parma, but instead in NW Milan at the Stadio Giovanni Mari. Part of a rugby festival in Milan.
                  We know. Means an extra 2 hours drive.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                    I would like to see Goggin start at 12 again- he did very well, and other than the outstanding debutant, deserved MOTM. I realise that Scannell in with Goggin moving across is more likely, unless they start Arnold.

                    i think we do need- and should get 5-points- realistically, Zebre losing what internationals they have leaves any side we are likely to select stronger than them. We have some tricky games later in the season- would prefer we reached them with as big a cushion as possible- otherwise we’ll need to beat Edinburgh and Scarletts on the road.
                    Having looked at rthe fixtures I think beating Edinburgh on the road will be a requirement - the equivalent of the missing HCup quarter final.

                    p.s. For me Van the Manager's selection against Edinburgh at home was his biggest mistake of the season - and yes I daid that before the game. It was a gamble that nearly but didnt come off.

                    5 points Shirely against the Zs.
                    Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 18-February-2020, 08:35.
                    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                    Originally Posted by mr chips
                    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post
                      Not sure what the rationale is, but it's rare for a young player like Hodnett to get two starts in a row, so there may be more rotation there, maybe with JOS coming in. The national squad players may be gone from all provinces again, so that means JOD and Chris Farrell would n't be available.
                      I'd like to see Coombes get a start in that case.
                      At scrum-half I would say more rotation so Casey to start on bench, with McCarthy starting.
                      Other than Scannell in for Farrell, there may be no change in the other backs.

                      We don't need a 5-point win to my mind.
                      But it would be nice.
                      Coombes has looked very - agressive and impressive © - to me and should get a start. Looks a serious prospect.

                      Hodnett deserves anothr start rather than putting him back up on the shelf for another 3 months as seems to happen quite a bit.

                      Experienced team or experienced bench - just in case.
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                      Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

                        We know. Means an extra 2 hours drive.
                        Good to know. Good luck with the drive, my friend who drives in Italy on a regular basis says it is interesting to say the least!

                        From a game pov, Zebre were not great v Glasgow, but their away form can be ropey. Can be hard to beat at home.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

                          Having looked at rthe fixtures I think beating Edinburgh on the road will be a requirement - the equivalent of the missing HCup quarter final.

                          p.s. For me Van the Manager's selection against Edinburgh at home was his biggest mistake of the season - and yes I daid that before the game. It was a gamble that nearly but didnt come off.

                          5 points Shirely against the Zs.
                          Given that we are behind as things stand, by the margin we conceded in that Cork game, if we were to lose to them in Edinburgh, we would need to make up 7 or so points on them in the 10 remaining fixtures. They have a range of tricky games too, but we are away to Leinster and Scarletts, where they had a handy win at the weekend, their hardest fixtures are away to cheetahs, Ulster and Connacht- we both have Glasgow, Benetton and Cardiff at home. I agree, I can’t see us not needing a win there. This group gave us a golden chance of a home semi and better chance of a final- it would be a bit of f*uck up to miss out and find ourselves, again, going to Dublin for a semi.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by neill_m View Post

                            Good to know. Good luck with the drive, my friend who drives in Italy on a regular basis says it is interesting to say the least!

                            From a game pov, Zebre were not great v Glasgow, but their away form can be ropey. Can be hard to beat at home.
                            I've driven in Italy a few times. Not too bad overall. Better than the M50 for sure
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                              Given that we are behind as things stand, by the margin we conceded in that Cork game, if we were to lose to them in Edinburgh, we would need to make up 7 or so points on them in the 10 remaining fixtures. They have a range of tricky games too, but we are away to Leinster and Scarletts, where they had a handy win at the weekend, their hardest fixtures are away to cheetahs, Ulster and Connacht- we both have Glasgow, Benetton and Cardiff at home. I agree, I can’t see us not needing a win there. This group gave us a golden chance of a home semi and better chance of a final- it would be a bit of f*uck up to miss out and find ourselves, again, going to Dublin for a semi.
                              Yep.

                              2 Full teams going head to head in Edinburgers with the winner (probably) having a home semi means we are now entering proper (senior hurling) league rather than using the league for a bit of training for HCup games.
                              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                              Originally Posted by mr chips
                              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X