Pitch looks magnificent

Leave a comment:

• i_like_cake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sea Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Against a better side we won't be flinging the ball around they way we were on Friday. It was basically a training match.
    You're right about how weak Southern Kings were. Worse than I expected.
    I suppose to develop a more expansive game we have to use matches like that to develop.
    So there's value in that kind of match and we do have to use them in our development.
    Just not as much value as we might have liked.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied

Against a better side we won't be flinging the ball around they way we were on Friday. It was basically a training match.
    Yes, but we still made mistakes we need to learn from- unless you are saying we wouldn't make mistakes against better opposition, because we wouldn't be playing as riskily- there is, alas, plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Haley is a dinger, the fact he gets spotlighted is because he is trying things.

I've been a staunch defender of his on here, the guy just works his arse off for the team, he has a huge engine.

He's not a Zebo (few are), but what he does do is usually to the better for the team.

Leave a comment:

• Wallyman
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I think it’s less about ‘complaints’ than that it wasn’t perfect, and identifying the errors. Against better opposition there won’t be the leeway we had on Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied

And didn't he take set up Nash for his try after controlling a dodgy pass from Goggin? There weare plenty of passes behind the player and offloads that didn't come off in Friday night. It wasn't unique to Haley. 10 trys to nil and there's still complaints. Some people are never happy.
    I think it’s less about ‘complaints’ than that it wasn’t perfect, and identifying the errors. Against better opposition there won’t be the leeway we had on Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• Wallyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

He made some errors but us a decent player.

He set up Hodnets try perfectly beating 3 or 4 defenders
    And didn't he take set up Nash for his try after controlling a dodgy pass from Goggin? There weare plenty of passes behind the player and offloads that didn't come off in Friday night. It wasn't unique to Haley. 10 trys to nil and there's still complaints. Some people are never happy.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

They're fecking themselves over and have been for quite some time. It is dying a slow death, but it is dying nonetheless.
    this is far from the solution though. They have made plenty if mistakes but that cant be let happen or world rugby will suffer

Leave a comment:

• Finnegan79
    replied
    Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
    we cant feck over the whole super rugby structure though. Isnt good for world game overall. If all nearly all south African sides jumped ship from super rugby domestic rugby in southern hemisphere would be fecked and we cant let that happen
    new Zealand needs more than just domestic competition as does Australia.
    They're fecking themselves over and have been for quite some time. It is dying a slow death, but it is dying nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• Stringer9
    replied
    I’m only now after watching the match back. Wow the commentary was beyond condescending.
    Obviously we were a bit rusty, which is to be expected, yes there’s a lot to work on but there’s a lot of really positive play to take away from it.

On another note, how does the Southern Kings management get their teams mentally up for travelling all the way from South Africa to get absolutely hammered by pretty much every team they meet. Let’s go to Ireland in the middle of miserable weather, and ship almost 70 points. Now on to Scarlets. Who benefits from that.

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

The pro14 needs to entice the Italians to merge into a single side the way the Jaguares have done for Argentina in Super Rugby, ditch the Kings and Cheetahs,and get three of the current SA super rugby teams to jump ship. Benetton are competitive, and the Cheetahs are tough at home, but away is a different story and the league needs less matches which are foregone conclusions. Super Rugby is a dying competition, 7 of the last 10 winners have been from NZ, and 3 of those have been the same team. That's not good.
    we cant feck over the whole super rugby structure though. Isnt good for world game overall. If all nearly all south African sides jumped ship from super rugby domestic rugby in southern hemisphere would be fecked and we cant let that happen
    new Zealand needs more than just domestic competition as does Australia.

Leave a comment:

• bankman
    replied
    Love watching Dan Goggin and his involvement in our attack play, He always tries to change the direction of our attack. Creative with his kicking. He has really grown into a fine player.

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
    Another guy who looked lethal on the ball was Loughman. Really pushing Cronin now I think
    I dunno, Cronin is a far superior scrummager IMHO.
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• mickiemcfist
    replied
    Another guy who looked lethal on the ball was Loughman. Really pushing Cronin now I think

Leave a comment:

Working...
X