P14 R11) Us v Kings in IIP - Friday @19.35 Eir/Premiersport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved it.

Some of you lot are never happy. Surprised you didn't pick up on Ryle pointing out the empty seats, the series of losses, etc etc just in case we might be getting ahead of ourselves. Never mind his cracker of placing Saracens !!!!!! in second spot in the Pro 14 conference.....
    If the ladyeez had a win like this, there would be endless chat about the dominance, skill set, conveyor belt and so on.

Hodnett outstanding.
    Last edited by FORWARD....; 14th-February-2020, 23:02.
    "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Ryle is the type of person that Mick Wallce got censured in the European Parliament, the other day for describing.

He's a follower of a sect of Islam from a Desert in Mongolia/China.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
        Ryle is the type of person that Mick Wallce got censured in the European Parliament, the other day for describing.

He's a follower of a sect of Islam from a Desert in Mongolia/China.
        Do you think he might go back home then?
        "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
          Loved it.

Some of you lot are never happy. Surprised you didn't pick up on Ryle pointing out the empty seats, the series of losses, etc etc just in case we might be getting ahead of ourselves. If the ladyeez had a win like this, there would be endless chat about the dominance, skill set, conveyor belt and so on.

Hodnett outstanding.
          Where are the unhappy comments on here? I think we can all acknowledge it was a good win, but that doesn't mean we have to agree 100% with every decision made.

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

Do you think he might go back home then?
            Please God.

(He's a Gobi Shi-ite)*

* Hall's Pictorial Weekly, late 1970s early 1980s RTÉ TV

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Knee on the ground though- lucky to get away with that- but he’s doing very very well.
              yeah, the ref didn't see that and did a quick whistle on that one. Had that gone the other way people would be fuming. Knee on the ground for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by the park View Post
                What can i say,good win
                But lads, are these SA teams a waste of time,a waste of money,a waste of energy,and a great chance of injuries with some huge games on the way.
                My idea would be get rid of the SA teams,mabye to fill the gap 2 teams (national no problem) from europe,like tonight was a joke,we did some nice stuff like blind side changes,its going great, but SA is not any help to our plans at the moment for our future,heading home for the D4 game in april,watch the clogs
                The pro14 needs to entice the Italians to merge into a single side the way the Jaguares have done for Argentina in Super Rugby, ditch the Kings and Cheetahs,and get three of the current SA super rugby teams to jump ship. Benetton are competitive, and the Cheetahs are tough at home, but away is a different story and the league needs less matches which are foregone conclusions. Super Rugby is a dying competition, 7 of the last 10 winners have been from NZ, and 3 of those have been the same team. That's not good.

Comment

Last night's performance reminded me of the beginning of the season when we were raving about Larkham's impact on the team. The play seemed to get more conservative when the internationals returned. Is this purely down to the opposition or does Larkham get more of a free role when a younger side is ruled out? Just wondering.

Comment

Just reading an article that mentioned Hodnett is only 20 years old. Mother of God. I hope to see him starting in bigger games in the near future. As Tommy Bowe pointed out, he really did remind me of Axel.

I saw some on Twatter saying the ref had a poor game. I thought he was pretty good from what I saw. Not perfect, but better than some established refs.

Comment

Originally posted by motastic View Post
                      Last night's performance reminded me of the beginning of the season when we were raving about Larkham's impact on the team. The play seemed to get more conservative when the internationals returned. Is this purely down to the opposition or does Larkham get more of a free role when a younger side is ruled out? Just wondering.
                      To be honest I think it was lack of time with the returning pros, and the quality of the opposition. This is a good start though, and a good start...big win at home against poor opposition, next week away will be harder, but still well within our compass, then Benetton (without it’s internationals) harder still. dryer pitches, fewer internationals to reintegrate, and a few younger lads much further on- then we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
                        Just reading an article that mentioned Hodnett is only 20 years old. Mother of God. I hope to see him starting in bigger games in the near future. As Tommy Bowe pointed out, he really did remind me of Axel.

I saw some on Twatter saying the ref had a poor game. I thought he was pretty good from what I saw. Not perfect, but better than some established refs.
                        I reckon he has way more pace than Axle had, closer to a Sean O'Brien IMHO
                        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          He's a saffer openside. From a long history of half cracked loopers
                          And he's a littlebigman.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

His acceleration is what sets him apart plus the low center of gravity. With a bit of luck on the injury front, he should score a decent amount of tries in his career especially close to the line where acceleration is everything. BOD used to get a lot of tries close to the line. Craig Casey would be another who will score a fair few tries from snipes near the line.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

He's a hell of a lot smaller than Seanie though isnt he? He's shorter than JJ Hanrahan

I am the million man.

Comment

Apparently he’s 6’1, SoB was a dubious 6’2. He’s very like SoB, that hand off and acceleration was just like him.
                                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X