No announcement yet.

P14 R11) Us v Kings in IIP - Friday @19.35 Eir/Premiersport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean O'Connor, Gavin Coombes both senior locks if fit.
    Ahern probably needs a rest for the Orcs in a weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by Perico View Post
      Sean O'Connor, Gavin Coombes both senior locks if fit.
      Ahern probably needs a rest for the Orcs in a weeks time.
      Dont think Sean O Connor has featured so far this season. Dont know why ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        horse young Ahern into that 23!
        Really doubt that- this time next year, if then. Fantastic prospect-

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Really doubt that- this time next year, if then. Fantastic prospect-
          Aherne would be ahead of O'Connor

Comment

I think Niall Scannell and John Ryan must be really keen to play.

With all the hoopla over other selections and non-selections for Ireland, those are two dropped players who may want the first available chance to remind the world of how good they can be!

Comment

It's not going to happen, but I'd love to see Paddy Kelly or Eoin O'Connor get a start in the second row with Billy Holland. As others have pointed out, it's shaping up to be a very experienced pack, so it's a good opportunity to blood a young player in one of our weaker positions. Realistically, we should be beating the Kings at home, regardless of who plays in the second row and if this match helps Kelly and O'Connor speed up their development then it would be a big boost. By speeding up their development, I mean helping them become senior Munster players in 2 years time, rather than in 3/4 years.

Comment

Whatever about potential selection Munster have their longest away trip of the year to RSA followed by the longest European away trip to Italy.

I wonder will they bother coming back home at all next week?
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                  Whatever about potential selection Munster have their longest away trip of the year to RSA followed by the longest European away trip to Italy.

Game on Friday is on in Cork

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Longest Italian away trip is Benetton!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post
                      I think Niall Scannell and John Ryan must be really keen to play.

With all the hoopla over other selections and non-selections for Ireland, those are two dropped players who may want the first available chance to remind the world of how good they can be!
                      I can see why they might want to, but it’s in minsters interests to give Kenyan etc game time in the next few weeks.

Comment

I can see why they might want to, but it’s in minsters interests to give Kenyan etc game time in the next few weeks.
                        I'd say that the IRFU might have some say in the matter. Farrell might want to take a look at them and see where their form is at in case they're needed later in the 6 Nations.

Comment

Originally posted by barryfitz87 View Post

Game on Friday is on in Cork
                          Another theory exploded
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

I'd say that the IRFU might have some say in the matter. Farrell might want to take a look at them and see where their form is at in case they're needed later in the 6 Nations.
                            I’d agree as far as the returnees are concerned, but I can’t see that being an issue beyond the current Ireland squad. We have a solid month of weak or severely weakened teams coming up, This is a golden opportunity to pick up 20 points, and giving serious game time to a half dozen young lads who look well worth the opportunity, along side a gentle reintroduction of what should be well-rested more experienced players. Beyond the next month, only force of circumstances will open the door, because it will be an extended business end to the season.

Comment

I’d agree as far as the returnees are concerned, but I can’t see that being an issue beyond the current Ireland squad. We have a solid month of weak or severely weakened teams coming up, This is a golden opportunity to pick up 20 points, and giving serious game time to a half dozen young lads who look well worth the opportunity, along side a gentle reintroduction of what should be well-rested more experienced players. Beyond the next month, only force of circumstances will open the door, because it will be an extended business end to the season.
                              John Ryan was sent out in front of the press the other day, which is usually a good indicator that he will be involved.

Comment

John Ryan was sent out in front of the press the other day, which is usually a good indicator that he will be involved.
                                Yes- usually a good indicator. I suppose I was saying what I hoped would happen, rather than what they are likely to do. Great as it would be to see a full strength side get a really big win, it won’t tell us anything we don’t already know, our squad is basically strong enough to beat most of the teams in the league well- what we need to find is a team capable of beating everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X