Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanging on by a fingertip.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by tiernster View Post
    No Teddy Thomas or Chat makes me think it is unlikely Racing will pull this off. Sale look pretty strong so I don't see Glasgow taking 4 tries.
    Yes, but, every saracens player is getting phone calls from every family member asking about their job, girlfriends are saying 'I don't want to live in Wales'; very hard to be as focused, or to make that pass that will make a teammate look good. Its got to play on their minds.
    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by scotscor View Post
      . If Racing win then this is very much on
      But, of course, by the time they do or don't, it will be too late.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by LonerganOnline View Post

        33/1 now
        22/1 now, I was going to put a coupe of quid on. Maybe I'll stick it on them winning the thing.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by scotscor View Post

          Yes, but, every saracens player is getting phone calls from every family member asking about their job, girlfriends are saying 'I don't want to live in Wales'; very hard to be as focused, or to make that pass that will make a teammate look good. Its got to play on their minds.
          Or possibly they are thinking we're going to be relegated anyway, fup the premiership the only way we'll be playing European rugby next year is if we win this thing.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Piquet View Post

            But, of course, by the time they do or don't, it will be too late.
            Fair point, well like monnet's lesser know cat its there until Sunday at 3.

            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by red exile View Post

              Or possibly they are thinking we're going to be relegated anyway, fup the premiership the only way we'll be playing European rugby next year is if we win this thing.
              No one’s going to be playing with Sarries in Europe next year. There’s going to be a mass exodus and they can’t even qualify because they don’t play in one of the European “feeder leagues”

              Comment


                #37
                Compare Os back 5 in the pack with ours and we are seriously up against it on Sunday. A great day for Fineen to SUAF, but AWJ and Bradley Davies are an international class lock pairing. All this chat about BP's is misreading the match-ups.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Jan Sanono View Post

                  No one’s going to be playing with Sarries in Europe next year. There’s going to be a mass exodus and they can’t even qualify because they don’t play in one of the European “feeder leagues”
                  If they win the Heineken Cup they qualify for the next year, no matter what their league position is.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by LondonMunster View Post
                    Compare Os back 5 in the pack with ours and we are seriously up against it on Sunday. A great day for Fineen to SUAF, but AWJ and Bradley Davies are an international class lock pairing. All this chat about BP's is misreading the match-ups.
                    That is true. I wonder how 'up' for the match they will be though. Rescuing their own season lies in the Pro14 (as opposed to Saracens).

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by red exile View Post

                      If they win the Heineken Cup they qualify for the next year, no matter what their league position is.
                      No it has been confirmed by the ERC that they would not be able to qualify if relegated as only English teams playing in the Premiership can do so (even if they won the Cup this year). They are definitely going to try to win it this year regardless and given the team they have selected for the Racing game (who has surprisingly not selected their strongest 15) I think that Munster's slim chances are now already over, as I don't see that Racing selection beating that Sarries selection in their own backyard. Was hoping Racing would pick their strongest possible team and that Sarries would pick a mix the way they have been doing since the beginning of this European cup. This team will not lose at home to a Racing team missing the likes of Teddy, Chat and Bird. Munster out I'm afraid...
                      Last edited by Junster2; 17th-January-2020, 16:56.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Strange decision by Racing as they've stated their main goal was a European title this year. They are fools not to be sending their strongest team (and there are no injuries reported) as they will miss out on a home semi-final and will most likely yet again fail to win it I think. Pity as they play a nice brand of rugby and, bar an Irish team, I would have liked to see a new team winning the competition this year (especially one we came close to beating home and away)
                        Last edited by Junster2; 17th-January-2020, 17:02.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Still think it’s very hard for a sarries squad that have basically been given four months notice.

                          in other news, Boyle sports
                          Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice



                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Junster2 View Post
                            Strange decision by Racing as they've stated their main goal was a European title this year. They are fools not to be sending their strongest team (and there are no injuries reported) as they will miss out on a home semi-final and will most likely yet again fail to win it I think. Pity as they play a nice brand of rugby and, bar an Irish team, I would have liked to see a new team winning the competition this year (especially one we came close to beating home and away)
                            A new team for me also. But that excludes Leinster

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                              From a Glasgow point of view, if they win with a BP or without, if Northampton and Saracens win they are out. They are already at the we are doomed stage. If saints lose then a win is mostly enough for them.

                              Really for us I think its all about the racing game. If Racing win then this is very much on
                              So from a Glasgow perspective, the only benefit of getting a winning BP is to keep themselves above Munster, should Munster finish second place in the group on 16 points? If Munster don't finish second place with 16 points, Glasgow's WBP is irrelevant? Correct?

                              Comment


                                #45
                                But Glasgow will be playing today and Munster not 'till tomorrow, so Glasgow won't know whether Munster have won or not when they play.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X