X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by red exile View Post

Isn't great we have both options in our arsenal.
    And isn’t it even better that Murray is waaaay more than a “Mike Phillips type of player”.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
    This is also an Ospreys team that lost at home to a 14 man reserve saracens team though

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Yawn. How did you enjoy the Leinstertainment in Treviso?

Leave a comment:

• red exile
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLad View Post

the game is changing back to what it was before in some facets. The zippy pint size sh with lightning hands and pace is what the game requires more now than the phyisical sh of mike philips. Murray. Tol type.
    Isn't great we have both options in our arsenal.

Leave a comment:

• MunsterTel
    replied
    Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Whats drives someone like you to troll an opposition website so consistently?
    A fairly serious lack of confidence in who he is as a person i woulda thought. The world is a scary place when you don't feel big. Long may Leinster keep winning and the Munsterfans forum remain open, for the sake of this young mans mental health.

Leave a comment:

• Kevy-Wevz
    replied
    Originally posted by The Yak View Post
    I thought that Sammy Arnold did well today. Some decent carries.

He's had very little game time and it can't be easy coming in and under serious pressure to perform. I'm delighted for the lad.

It was a special moment to see Casey score so soon after coming on.

I posted b4 that we aren't good enough yet so this season is all about bringing tru a few young lads and getting our coaching ticket bedded in. A pretty good day at the office.
    I'm really happy to see Sammy play well as he did yesterday. I was disappointed that his first (two?) years with Munster were injury blighted but I recall when get finally got and injury free run and started breaking into the first team squad. I remember him picking some lovely lines in Cork in particular (against Dragons I think) coming off the bench and getting a lovely try. His best for us so far was against the Toulon superstar backline and he did himself and his team proud, stood up to everything that day and was key in what amounted to another unlikely Munster victory. I'm a fan.

But I don't know what argument can be made against Goggin being in better form and looking like he has more potential. He's big, fast, powerful with skills to match and seems to have taken to Larkham's plan well. I just don't get how Sammy leapfrogged him to start yesterday and why we are persisting with him on the wing.

There are international cailbre coaches deliberating on this and I'm just some dope on a forum so I have to trust they know what they are doing, but with Scannell, Farrell and somehow Arnold ahead of him, (with DeAllende arriving next season) I wouldn't be surprised to see another team/province come sniffing around Goggin. He's been one of our best/most consistent players this season and can feel a little hard done by. He's a long term realistic option for us I think and I would hate to see him be lured away)

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
    This is also an Ospreys team that lost at home to a 14 man reserve saracens team though

Whats drives someone like you to troll an opposition website so consistently?

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    For me Arnold has been good when given a chance - and is deservedly ahead of Goggin. I have never quite got the criticism of Arnold or Haley - though Haley's decison to kick the ball away with men outside him against Racing (in Paris) maybe shows he doesn't really believe in himself.

Leave a comment:

• In Joe we trust
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Agreed, that’s a serious enough pack, and they’re playing much better now than earlier in the season, so yesterday’s emphatic win is not to be sniffed at.

Leave a comment:

• dropkick
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    Watching Casey today was a joy. His speed to the breakdown, the slickness of his passing, and his composure and direction of the forwards were so much better than you’d expect of a lad his age.

Looked completely at home. We’ve got an absolute gem there. I’d say Larkham is delighted to come to Munster and find players like him coming through.

His speed off the mark is a great asset. For the U20s last year he scored 3 or 4 tries by sniping near the line.

Leave a comment:

• dropkick
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I was more surprised that when Farrell dropped out, Arnold came directly in to start, with Goggin remaining on the bench. To me Goggin is better in every respect- wonder why Arnold was preferred?

Goggin can cover more positions than Arnold so his versatility kept him on the bench. I agree that he's much better than Arnold and he has been Munsters best center this season imo.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post

Ah here, that pack has Davies (experienced hard nosed lump) Alun Wyn (world class) Lydiate (best 6 in Uk at times), Tipuric (wonderful player), Baker (strong ball carrier) in it, you think those lads are push over?
    Agreed, that’s a serious enough pack, and they’re playing much better now than earlier in the season, so yesterday’s emphatic win is not to be sniffed at.

Leave a comment:

• Stan Guilfoyle
    replied
    Was on east terrace in front of where coaches are situated. When they were leaving the pitch, Van Graan stood up to applaud POM and Conor off so he obviously recognised their efforts today and knows how vital they are for us.

Leave a comment:

• Talking Sense
    replied
    Originally posted by Murillo View Post

Hard to tell, Ospreys are so muck.
    Ah here, that pack has Davies (experienced hard nosed lump) Alun Wyn (world class) Lydiate (best 6 in Uk at times), Tipuric (wonderful player), Baker (strong ball carrier) in it, you think those lads are push over?

Leave a comment:

• The Yak
    replied
    I thought that Sammy Arnold did well today. Some decent carries.

He's had very little game time and it can't be easy coming in and under serious pressure to perform. I'm delighted for the lad.

It was a special moment to see Casey score so soon after coming on.

I posted b4 that we aren't good enough yet so this season is all about bringing tru a few young lads and getting our coaching ticket bedded in. A pretty good day at the office.

Leave a comment:

• BigLad
    replied
    Murray has cooney at Ireland and now Casey hot on his heels. Love him or hate him dunc was always a sidekick. Cronin was an experiment. Hart was a shot in the dark gamble. ( much like Farrell but that worked out) and McCarthy signing still baffles most here. Alby was a gem and probably would have ursurped Murray if he wasn’t let go.

the game is changing back to what it was before in some facets. The zippy pint size sh with lightning hands and pace is what the game requires more now than the phyisical sh of mike philips. Murray. Tol type.
    Last edited by BigLad; 19-January-2020, 21:05.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X