HEC R6. Munster v Ospreys, Thomond Park. Sun 19th Jan @ 13:00. BT Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    I'd like to hope the overlooking of one or two guys for Ireland is a funt up the hole and they react accordingly

Ospreys becoming cannonfodder tomorrow won't fix all ails and worries but it will get Munster confidence pointed in the right direction and 3 or so months to build again

Cannot put my finger on why, but this string of results has left me feeling Munster are further from the elite than they've ever been in about 7 or 8 years.
    I felt OK about where we were after the first 4 rounds of HEC, we could have won all four- certainly three (satires away perhaps not). Somehow the Leinster and Especially the Ulster games left me more concerned. I think for me it is a real worry about where we are at 10- JJ is playing better than ever, but it’s not, I think enough. JC being out again, seemingly innocuous injury at the time, and months out- TB, who knows, but hard to feel it’s anything other than ‘curtains’, which is really sad. I really want to see Healy come in and give us some hope that what’s now 5 years of instability at 10 will finally stabilise. Not giving up on any of them, just far too much uncertainty in a pivotal position. Things are only a little better at 9, Murray is no longer the match winner he was, and all hopes are on a young player. Add in Beirne being out, and I think that make sure impossible to be sure if whether or not we are catching up. Pulverising Ospreys, unless it’s when Healy and Casey come on, will answer nothing really, but the next two months will.

Comment

Has anyone even considered the possibility of the Ospreys giving us a meaningful game?
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
        Has anyone even considered the possibility of the Ospreys giving us a meaningful game?
        Yes
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
          I’m fairly certain they will! Doesn’t mean we can’t hope and dream.

Comment

Full Larkhamball please. Let's go out with our heads held high.

And in addition-- full ruthless aggression
            Last edited by FORWARD....; 18th-January-2020, 19:06.
            "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post
              Boarding in Paris! Looking forward to tomorrow hopefully the team delivers a great performance and we make it a great atmosphere
              ​​​​​​Has to be the starting point of a better second half to the season. Barring a miracle objectives shifted but still plenty to look forward to!
              Gwan!!!
              Bon voyage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Con Artist

Comment

As this is now a dead rubber, can they swap around the bench/starters to give the younger guys more game time or is it set in stone after announcing the team?

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
                  As this is now a dead rubber, can they swap around the bench/starters to give the younger guys more game time or is it set in stone after announcing the team?

No.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Good luck to all players and fans of both teams today. Ospreys and Munster have had better times, but this can still be a great game of rugby.
                    Beimíd ar ais!

Comment

Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post
                      Good luck to all players and fans of both teams today. Ospreys and Munster have had better times, but this can still be a great game of rugby.
                      Beimíd ar ais!
                      It could be a great game, but sadly it is a dead rubber and the outcome will not advance either team in Europe a jot. It is a pity the competition is designed in this way. The staggered kickoffs can render several games totally meaningless. This is tough on the players and fans.
                      Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Just leaving the smoke for TP, looking forward to a traditional TP lunch of chicken curry and cider and then a great match marking the turning of the Munster tide.
                        ............................it still feels a bit like heading off to a funeral though........................hopefully it will feel better on the way back.
                        GWAN MUNSTER!!
                        'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Just about to leave. Be careful on the roads it’s freezing! I’m really looking forward to this but I think we’re going to need an extra few layers for this one.

Edit: The roads are desperate. Hopefully when we get on to main roads it’ll be ok. Hopefully it won’t effect our travelling support.
                          Last edited by Stringer9; 19th-January-2020, 08:52.
                          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post

No you can’t once team is named.

Comment

It's always great to be in limerick on a hcup match day. Saw some ospreys fans at breakfast. Good dry day, looking forward to a great match. Gwan Munster!!

Comment

Sammy in for Chris Farrell.
                                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X