HEC R6. Munster v Ospreys, Thomond Park. Sun 19th Jan @ 13:00. BT Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
    What? Munster have ignored the calls from here to give the youth a chance!!!!!
    O'Sullivan Casey Healy?
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      O'Sullivan Casey Healy?
      Nash will be a superstar..... future mancrush for Jenta.....
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

Nash will be a superstar..... future mancrush for Jenta.....
        We need a few more superstars!!
        One tight five forward in Ireland camp is bigly depressing reading
        I am the million man.

Comment

Kleyn will be missed. Ospreys aren't a great team (as their champions cup/pro14 form shows), but one thing they do have in abundance is power. Jones and Davies in the second row are both around 120kg. Lydiate and Baker are both well over 110kg.

I'm not convinced by the balance of that Munster forward pack. Wyncherley and Holland can work as a second row partnership, but you need multiple carriers in the front and back row, if you're going to pick them together. O'Donoghue and Scannell will have to step up and take some of the pressure off Stander and Kilcoyne as the primary carriers.

Still think it's a missed opportunity to give the likes of Coombes, Knox and O'Sullivan a rare starting opportunity with a full-strength Munster team. Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see a full-strength Saracens team, at Allianz park, losing to Racing.
          Last edited by Mumhain; 17th-January-2020, 16:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            We need a few more superstars!!
            One tight five forward in Ireland camp is bigly depressing reading
            Then maybe the likes of O'Byrne, Coombes, O'Sullivan et al. should be getting more chances in bigger matches.
            He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post
              Kleyn will be missed. Ospreys aren't a great team (as their champions cup/pro14 form shows), but one thing they do have in abundance is power. Wyn Jones and Davies in the second row are both around 120kg. Lydiate and Baker are both well over 110kg.
              Jones. His christian name is Alun Wyn. Pernickity I know, but what you gonna do

Originally posted by Mumhain View Post
              Still think it's a missed opportunity to give the likes of Coombes, Knox and O'Sullivan a rare starting opportunity with a full-strength Munster team.
              We'll have very few players in the 6 nations team, so the Pro14 line ups during the tournament will still be pretty strong and those guy will get game time with plenty of senior players about.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Jones. His christian name is Alun Wyn. Pernickity I know, but what you gonna do

We'll have very few players in the 6 nations team, so the Pro14 line ups during the tournament will still be pretty strong and those guy will get game time with plenty of senior players about.
                Cheers, I read that somewhere before as well, but forgot.

We should have a relatively strong line-up during the six nations, but there is a big difference between playing a champions cup match at home, in front of a semi-full Thomand Park, with Kilcoyne and Stander being the primary carriers VS playing Zebre in Parma, where you are on the back-foot and being asked to be a first-phase carrier for your side. For a guy like Coombes, one of these situations is far easier and more beneficial than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
                  Earls dropped, he played two of the worst games I've seen him play in the last two games. Really hope there's nothing wrong with him long term.
                  No, he is injured. And yes game v Ulster was one of his worst ever, and uncharacteristically so, but I actually thought he played pretty well v Racing

Comment

I know it may come across as old fashioned, but more than anything else I want to see pride in the jersey from every one of our players. I really don’t care what weight AWJ is. I want him landed on his arse every time he touches the ball. Munster should be able to dominate an Ospreys team that must be low in confidence at home. They should be well prepared for the Os rush defence and beat them scoring 4 tries. I want to see us implementing a game plan and playing with ferocity and passion.

Comment

Originally posted by reded View Post
                      I know it may come across as old fashioned, but more than anything else I want to see pride in the jersey from every one of our players. I really don’t care what weight AWJ is. I want him landed on his arse every time he touches the ball. Munster should be able to dominate an Ospreys team that must be low in confidence at home. They should be well prepared for the Os rush defence and beat them scoring 4 tries. I want to see us implementing a game plan and playing with ferocity and passion.
                      That's the spirit! It's a European Cup game in TP. We're playing to win, and playing to win with 4 tries.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
                        both saracens and racing are going with their strongest teams.
                        Where is Teddy Thomas?

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

No, he is injured. And yes game v Ulster was one of his worst ever, and uncharacteristically so, but I actually thought he played pretty well v Racing
                          I'm one of his biggest fans, but he was defending too narrow again for Thomas' try. If stockdale did that for ireland we'd be going mental. He was falling off tackles also, he seems very off.

Comment

Boarding in Paris! Looking forward to tomorrow hopefully the team delivers a great performance and we make it a great atmosphere
                            ​​​​​​Has to be the starting point of a better second half to the season. Barring a miracle objectives shifted but still plenty to look forward to!
                            Gwan!!!
                            Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post

I'm one of his biggest fans, but he was defending too narrow again for Thomas' try. If stockdale did that for ireland we'd be going mental. He was falling off tackles also, he seems very off.
                              He does seem off- and it was also unusual for him to do the media stuff last week. With the RWC and recent results it must be difficult for a such a committed player to keep his head up all the time. With regard to the Tomas try , he really was far too narrow, but part of that will also have been where Scannell and Farrell were standing. You’d put your house on home to come back firing, though.

Comment

I'd like to hope the overlooking of one or two guys for Ireland is a funt up the hole and they react accordingly

Ospreys becoming cannonfodder tomorrow won't fix all ails and worries but it will get Munster confidence pointed in the right direction and 3 or so months to build again

Cannot put my finger on why, but this string of results has left me feeling Munster are further from the elite than they've ever been in about 7 or 8 years.
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X