HEC R6. Munster v Ospreys, Thomond Park. Sun 19th Jan @ 13:00. BT Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
    Glasgow are out. Ulster saints or glaws or sarries. Glaws need 5 pts away to Toulouse and a rake of tries
    Gloucester 1st try after 3mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Con Artist

Comment

Glasgow are out. Ulster saints or glaws or sarries. Glaws need 5 pts away to Toulouse and a rake of tries
      No, Gloucester (14, 21, 17) need a fiver or four and a win by 12 to overtake Sarries ( 18, 30, 13)

Comment

No you can’t once team is named.
        Don't think that's correct
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
          The lads played well agqinst teh strongest Ospreys team on the pool stages. Important to resytore a bit of belief. Nash, Goggin, JOD, Sammy all played well. POM a bit quiet but Killer, Murray & especially Stander all played well
          Do you think Sammy plaid well for his ability or do you think he played "European level" well?

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Conor. As mooted by Bernard Jackman
            At various stages I was watching TV and listening to Limerick FM. Both summarisers said how well Murray was playing, and made the point he was repeatedly having to dig the ball out of rucks, and having to line up the backs (who the point was made should have known what formation to be in). I think we see the slow delivery and apparent lack of urgency and infer it’s his fault.

Comment

I thought Murray played better today than he has for a good while.

Comment

We're far too critical of him, maddeningly inaccurate kickaways aside.
                Great to have Casey biting at his heels
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

CJ showed the grit/power that makes him so valuable. POM, sadly, didn't show enough and you sense his days an Irish regular are likely to be over. JOD is now the one making the impacts POM used to be making and deserves a craic in the Irish squad.

Enjoyed seeing Whyc getting stuck into AWJ. He has rough edges, but we've been lacking players with that edge.

Hopefully the opportunity to focus on the Pro 14 allows us to work more on our game and get the points we've dropped in previous years.
                  "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

Do you think Sammy plaid well for his ability or do you think he played "European level" well?
                    He surprised me, played better than I expected
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Murray played well imo. But I will be amazed if he starts for Ireland In 2 weeks.

Comment

I can't buy the notion that O'Mahony is locked into some long term decline. He's 30, and a year ago was coming off an absolutely huge year. Something seems to be amiss, whether it's fitness, or whatever was put into World Cup preparation or something in his head, I don't know.

But I don't believe that a guy with his attitude, ability, massive fitness and all the rest just drops off a cliff.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Murray played well imo. But I will be amazed if he starts for Ireland In 2 weeks.
                          I don't want him to, tbh. He's clearly still rebuilding. No harm to let Cooney put a fire under him, and at the same time give him some respite from the pressure and physicality of test rugby.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

I can't buy the notion that O'Mahony is locked into some long term decline. He's 30, and a year ago was coming off an absolutely huge year. Something seems to be amiss, whether it's fitness, or whatever was put into World Cup preparation or something in his head, I don't know.

But I don't believe that a guy with his attitude, ability, massive fitness and all the rest just drops off a cliff.
                            There seems to be a long hangover for certain players post Camp Joe - for me that hangover goes back to the whole of 2019. There also seems to be noises of tensions with Van Graan - which is not good for him as captain or the team. As a captain he does not relate well with refs and I don’t think captaincy sits well on his shoulders (he seems to get defensive rather than positive - hard to put my finger on it).

to put these views in context, I am a fan on the sidelines with no real knowledge so pure guess work (or taking sh1te) but the one thing is clear is that his game is off and it really should not be.

Comment

Anyone have insight as to why archer is favored over Ryan this season. I thought he had a terrible game today. Ryan has featured for Ireland last two years.archer had two Ireland caps or some thing in 8 years. I
                              dont recall ever saying or thinking after any game that Ryan was bad seeing him vented about on here.

Comment

With Ospreys having a kick to make it 9-0, I had begun to worry about our unbeaten home record. However Ospreys has maxed out at that stage, and in the end they were one of the poorest teams to show up in TP for a European match. But the victory was well deserved.

Munster have copped an awful lot of flak in recent weeks, much of it deserved, but the team dug in well today after they had started poorly in somewhat weird January weather - a 1pm kick-off with a sun beaming warmth down on the field. Ospreys didn't have to do much to get their lead, but they caved fairly rapidly.

JOD impressed hugely for me, and considering 7 is not his natural position he showed some brilliant open side play and running lines. Of the young guys, Nash and Goggin were very good and their basic skills never let them down, unlike some others. CJ was MOTM for me, the effort he put in was just immense, he looked knackered from about 70 mins on, but still kept going and got another try. Ospreys fought hard on the ground and with Lydiate and Tipuric you'd expect that - a lot of our ball was really hard won and our halfbacks were getting it very late.

Not surprisingly the match had a strange atmosphere. I can't say I really enjoyed it considering the group outcome. But it was important to the team that they won it with a bonus point. That's all they could do really.

Now, for once, let's have Munster focus like crazy on the Pro14. No more aiming for false Euro peaks in April only to have hopes dashed.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X