Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEC R5. Racing vs. Munster. Paris. TV Coverage BT Sport. Sunday 12th Jan @3.15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
    I'm not sure a Pro 14 title is a realistic target tbh.

We simply aren't good enough currently. I'm not sure how we can progress either. Is it a lack of talent, coaching or a combination of both?

p.s. I hate Leinster.
    It's not a realistic target this season. Today showed how far we have fallen, we gave it everything but were well beaten in the end.

We have to go backwards first, when you look at Ulster when Gibbs left to now there has been a huge uplift in performance. Coaching is something that we have had a nightmare with for a few years now.

Players skills have never improved over time and we look very confused so the rest of this season should concentrate on changing our style and get rid of players coaches who aren't good enough to adjust. Now 9 years since we won anything and 12 years since a European final was reached.
    My personal take is JVG is out of his dept and changing him would be a good start. Over 2 years now and we have progressively got worse.
    Last edited by Tobyglen; 12th-January-2020, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
      Exeter away would be an absolute hiding. Sarries 1st team deservedly got beaten there over Christmas. Top of league and top of European group, they should have beaten us in Thomond a few years back. We have so many holes in our game at the moment that Larkham will need to be a miracle worker to get us competitive come the end of the season.
      ​​​​​​
      They're a blunt weapon, and remain one. And top of a ropey enough group.

Everyone in England bar Sarries are ****.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Typical of a certain Leinster troll to show up here for the first time in ages to gloat. He should be banned permanently.
        Typical! I turn up to offer my deepest commiserations and try to cheer ye all up, only for a ill-natured yahoo from Outer Mongolia to throw a hissy fit!

Oh and, just for the record, I "turned up" here only a couple of weeks ago following Leinster's enjoyable win in Limerick, but the level of banter was so mediocre that I left immediately.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post

Typical! I turn up to offer my deepest commiserations and try to cheer ye all up, only for a ill-natured yahoo from Outer Mongolia to throw a hissy fit!

Oh and, just for the record, I "turned up" here only a couple of weeks ago following Leinster's enjoyable win in Limerick, but the level of banter was so mediocre that I left immediately.
          It got a lot better after you left.

Comment

Against the top teams we still look a few kg a man underpowered, a fresh loughman was poor clearing out the late ruck we were penalised at, he can be good carrying ball but the basic stuff is not optional.

Comment

Balls.ie:

A couple of the following scenarios will have to take place:
              • Lyon defeat Northampton at home in Pool 1
              • Glasgow do not secure a win and try bonus point at Sale in Pool 2
              • Group leaders beat Gloucester at home in Pool 5

If two of the above happen, as well as the previously mentioned results, Munster will be guaranteed to be at least the eighth ranked side heading into the quarter finals.

Summary:
              1. Munster get bonus point win against Ospreys.
              2. Racing Metro beat Saracens.
              3. Two of the three results in other pools go their way.

If we did manage to qualify you'd have to feel it's just delaying the inevitable smack of reality that we're just not where we need to be.
              On the Munster pack: "Mothers keep their photo on the mantelpiece to stop the kids going too near the fire." - Jim Noilly, BBC TV (1995)

Comment

Shag off back to Lilliput again so!
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

We are no where near silverware.

Be it coaching or players - we are losing collisions, have slow ruck ball, poor kicking, discipline and make too many errors under pressure. This is resulting in us not coming away with 7 pts and changes the pressure points in games.

I don't know why but the form of a lot of players is disappointing - Farell, Berin, Botha, Cloete, POM, Murray. Other like FW, JOD and JOS are showing more. When I see players like Keaney and Tracy looking good with Leinster. I feel it shows a team that is comfortable with the ball and clear on direction. Same with Reidy and O'Conner in Ulster.

Interesting last year to hear Farrell complaining about coaching and this year ROG about culture and leadership. Something isn't right.
                  Last edited by highfield; 12th-January-2020, 20:58.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post

Maybe make JVG Director of Rugby to spare face and avoid contract compensation? Reputedly very good man to man (with one very notable exception)
                    Who's that then?
                    "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

The old dog for the hard road. Welcome back OD!

Comment

Probably not.

May I suggest that the Brains Trust be instructed to concentrate on qualifying for the Champions Cup next season, because if Van Milligramme & co. keep churning out the rubbish that they're currently producing, a season in the Challenge Cup may be on the cards.
                        Welcome back Jack. The brains trust do indeed have a lot to focus on and getting into the Champions Cup next year is critical. In any event, I don’t think we will be losing too many to Camp Faz so perhaps an opportunity for some continuity.
                        Last edited by The Last Stand; 12th-January-2020, 22:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

They're a blunt weapon, and remain one. And top of a ropey enough group.

Everyone in England bar Sarries are ****.
                          Blunt they are certainly not, they score a heap of tries.

Just checking table from last year they got the most BPs in league (14) which is 4 more than anyone else. Also scored hatfulls of tries in playoffs. 5 in final v Sarries and 6/7 in semi. They are an excellent team

Comment

It's hard to know what to make of us right now. We were really good in patches today, and we landed them on their arse a few times. Scrum was also excellent. So the forward aggression was there, which is what you want to see.

For all the abuse that Murray gets, it was clearly a coaching tactic to box kick. He doesn't get to decide tactics. You've haven thought though after the first half that we would stop kicking away possession when clearly that tactic wasn't working.

The replacement situation was really odd as well - some players were out in their feet at 65 mins but it took another 10 mins to sub them? Again, that's poor man management.

Assuming we go out next week, I'd prefer if we used the rest of the season to give the younger lads a run out and to sharpen up our defense and attack. We need to start somewhere as players like POM, CJ and Murray aren't going to be around forever.

Overall pretty disappointed but we left it on the pitch, and you can't ask much more than that I suppose.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

We simply weren't good enough today, the ball dropped by Racing in midfield before the outrageous pass to Teddy Thomas looked forward from the hand until you see where it bounces on the ground, I don't think it was forward.

All camera angles were frustrating today, not just the TMO knock on reviews, very disappointing from one of the newest grounds in the tournaments. There were plenty more passes that looked forwards but based on the various penalty kicks for touch, it was really hard to judge the flight of the ball from the camera angles.

Comment

Priority for Munster has to be finishing top of your group in the Pro 14 and getting a week off before the home semi final against Ulster.
                                Come 2nd and you play a knockout game before playing Leinster away.
                                Come 3rd and you are away to Ulster in a knockout game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X