Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEC R5. Racing vs. Munster. Paris. TV Coverage BT Sport. Sunday 12th Jan @3.15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bankman View Post
    That all singimg all dancing stadium with only two camera angles both behind Thomas in the act of scoring that dubious try.
    Maybe we're overly conspiracy-orientated and it really is a concert venue rather than a rugby ground
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Sanono View Post

So bloody proud of the lads today. Would’ve received a lot of abuse this week. Played their hearts out but unfortunately through a combination of Barnes refusing to properly referee racing, the French TV director and a batch of fine margins we lost. Scoreline wholy unfair.
      Thanks be to goodness it was someone else's fault. But of course it always is! I agree about the unfair scoreline though; that lucky Conway try distorted it completely.

Here's hoping that the Munster supporters who are flying back tomorrow from gay Paree don't have a bumpy flight - but I suspect that they will, the poor divils!

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Maybe we're overly conspiracy-orientated and it really is a concert venue rather than a rugby ground
        Seems like the EC would benefit from having rules in place regarding camera requirements. Seems reasonable in a top tier competition (where the TMO plays such an important role) to have some consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
          All genuine Munster supporters should be proud of our teams performance today - it was a great team effort. Today was not the day we failed to qualify, the old story applied 'You must win your home games', therein lies our problem this year.
          Being proud of the guys, always. Once more, they let guts and hearts on the pitch. But today, it is no more enough. There are many things to change in the game, in the reflexes, maybe in the rugbystic education of the players. Two exemples in the second half:
          - Billy Holland breaks the line and... goes to the ground. Unlike Leinster thie afternoon, especially on VdF's try, no immediate support. John Ryan (I think), picks the ball from the ground, goes alone in the depth... to the ground, and the defense has every time to reorganize itself.
          - Even if an offside was whistled, on a RM92 attack on our 22m line, they loose the ball. Mike Healey gets it with TWO players on his right side and NO defender in front of them... Immediate reflex: He kicks the ball straight away as far as he can instead of giving the ball on his right.

Regis Sonnes explained in an interview how he had to change the game philosophy and reflexes of his kids in Bandon. Simply making them play with high head and a sight around. FFS, why can the Leinster players, and even the Ulster players, do this? How can Connacht bring fire and madness on the pitch? And why can't Munster? With such a material like JJ, Andy, Keith, Mike Healey? Andy and Keith get the ball if they go for it. If they were waiting for it, they would too rarely get it. And I am not sure the possible arrival of a player ike de Allende, if the rumor is right, will change anything (This said, Stuart McCloskey yesterday, and Garry Ringrose today butchered some winning occasions too as they refused to let the game go wider...).

Honestly, I did not wait a lot from this season and from this pool at the beginning of the season, most of all because our top players came late from a real disappointing WC and because we do not have the bright talented reserve Leinster have for different reasons some here explained elsewhere (demography, training, education...). But I am disappointed by the inability of the staff (even if the men are new in the landscape) to give more to the team beyond traditional will and guts and sacrificial defense.

I think we have to keep the faith, the guys deserve it at least, and they will never be let down, but I do think too that we will have to be very patient before we will be able to look far to new high horizons. At this moment, Ulster is above us (I do not even write Leinster) like they have showed it to us painfully last week and like their performances in the European Cup let see, and if I was at Andy Farrel's place, not sure I would give a habitual place to our players on their recent form: The front five belong to Leinster plus Ian Henderson, backrowers in form are clearly Leinster players considering the best ball carrier at 8 at the moment is Marcel Coetzee who cannot (if I do not commit a mistake) be called in the National Team, John Cooney is really better, faster and more imaginative than Connor, at 10, Johnny will play, maybe with JJ on the bench, and the only back three players I see who could play for Ireland are Andy and the stainless Keith Earls. Let's conceed it's not much, and surely it's not worthy of the Munster tradition.
          The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post

Piquet must be somewhere crunching the numbers as we speak but yes we can still qualify
            a racing win though away to saracens looks unlikely
            We need a BP win , saracens to lose at home , and I think two of Gloucester Northampton and Glasgow who all play away to lose . Clutching at straws, the reward would be a 1/4 away to leinster
            I’d take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post

Thanks be to goodness it was someone else's fault. But of course it always is! I agree about the unfair scoreline though; that lucky Conway try distorted it completely.

Here's hoping that the Munster supporters who are flying back tomorrow from gay Paree don't have a bumpy flight - but I suspect that they will, the poor divils!

Sunny side out dog!
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

We can still qualify, Racing need to win away to Sarries before anything happens and we beat Os with a Bp.
                Then 2 of 3 need to happen. Northampton lose away to Lyon, Glasgow lose away to Sale or Gloucester lose away to Toulouse.

I think Gloucester will lose to Toulouse so either Saints or Glasgow to lose then and we can sneak in as 3rd best runner up.

Tbh if Racing win away to Sarries I think we will qualify but surely Sarries will send out the A team.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by jasper View Post

Seems like the EC would benefit from having rules in place regarding camera requirements. Seems reasonable in a top tier competition (where the TMO plays such an important role) to have some consistency.
                  See slurpyslurps post #522

Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Would you look who emerged from his kennel. It's going to be windy down your way too OD.
                    "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                      We can still qualify, Racing need to win away to Sarries before anything happens and we beat Os with a Bp.
                      Then 2 of 3 need to happen. Northampton lose away to Lyon, Glasgow lose away to Sale or Gloucester lose away to Toulouse.

I think Gloucester will lose to Toulouse so either Saints or Glasgow to lose then and we can sneak in as 3rd best runner up.

Tbh if Racing win away to Sarries I think we will qualify but surely Sarries will send out the A team.

​​​​
                      Whatever about the maths I don't think we deserve to be in a 1/4 final, and even if we manage that we'll be hammered.

Today is possibly a blessing in disguise.
                      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Just back from the game.
                        Not sure it showed on the telly but a few phases before Racing's 3rd try Russell threw a really obvious forward pass (I was perfectly in line) that was not picked on. Infuriating as it denied us our chance to try and win the game in the final minutes.

Great performance I thought from what I saw from the stands. Racing supporters were largely incredibly annoying not having a clue about the rules and complaining all the time.
                        After they scored their third try the (60-ish!!) man sitting right in front of me turned around and yelled at me the French equivalent of "up yours" which was extreme class. That said when you do no know the difference between offside and deliberate knock-on what can you expect.

We might not have the best team, the most money or whatever but considering what was on display I am far happier supporting our losing team today than their winning team!!!
                        For all the regrets and disappointments we shared over the past decade, that team is special and we should cherish it.
                        Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Whatever about the maths I don't think we deserve to be in a 1/4 final, and even if we manage that we'll be hammered.

Agreed, we have no business in the Q finals. We haven't put together 1 quality performance in Europe this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

In some respects not getting into a quarter final
                            might be good In the longer term. But we have a dog of a group. If we were in a group with Lyon, Northampton and Benetton, would we have qualified?

Comment

Well playedRacing
                              we are off the pace at the moment.
                              Loads to do. Try and get the best seeding for the HEC for next year would be the priority. Mgt contracts need to be decided at Nov next year,renegotiate to make this happen. No silverware this year or next. If not competitive next year then further shake up
                              NO LEinster cast offs like Cronan.

Comment

mgt need to give RFU a List of players they would take. Anybody else is somebody we will take but won’t play.
                                Anybody know what the fans bring to Munster in shirts tickets and memberships versus the irfu wedge

Comment

Working...
                                X