Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEC R5. Racing vs. Munster. Paris. TV Coverage BT Sport. Sunday 12th Jan @3.15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So bloody proud of the lads today. Would’ve received a lot of abuse this week. Played their hearts out but unfortunately through a combination of Barnes refusing to properly referee racing, the French TV director and a batch of fine margins we lost. Scoreline wholy unfair. Let’s get behind the team now and win the pro14. No more of this calling for heads crap after every single loss. A sad day for Munster when we get knocked out at the group stage but it was always gonna be a massive massive ask to qualify out of this group. JOD and Kleyn were immense today. This isn’t the end of this journey.

Comment

Originally posted by highfield View Post

Agree regarding Cloete and bench but we won't win anything. We have made it very difficult for ourselves to get a home semi and Ulster, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leinster are all better and I suspect Scarlets and Cardiff will improve now that internationals back.
      I realise we need to up our game from where it is, but other than Leinster, Saracens and Racing would put all of the others away comfortably. The losses to Edinburgh, Leinster and Ulster have made our lives very difficult. We sent out a weakened side against Edinburgh at home in order to give inexperienced players a chance and to protect players for the HCUP and interpros. As things have turned out we lost the majority of those games- I realise this goes to your general point about the head coach and selection (although these are points I disagree with). We need a good mid season review and rethink over the next few weeks, the break is coming at a good time.

Comment

And we got a dog of a group don’t forget that. I think if we were in any other group we were coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
          And we got a dog of a group don’t forget that. I think if we were in any other group we were coming out.
          Someone needs to evaluate the bloody seeding system. 2018’s finalists, 2019’s finalists and a team consistently competing in semi-finals in the same group? Load of bolliks

Comment

Sad that the European season has ended after game 5. Not winning our home game against Racing put too much pressure on today's game. Proud of the intensity and effort that the boys gave especially for 60 minutes. We lack quality and that cost us in the big moments of the game. We were one or two bodies short to keep up the effort for the full 80. Our lack of 2nd row on the bench came back to haunt us. Playing in the 2nd row is a different world to being in the back row. Score line was a bit harsh in the end but that's top level rugby. I hope we use the game next weekend to implement a team/gameplan that will guide us for the rest of the season. There is no reason not to give some of the younger guys a chance now to stake a real claim for places.

Comment

Originally posted by Surveyor View Post

God be with the days when Murray was a danger when we were on their 5, he hardly made a break today but I thought his passing and speed were better.
              Too many times he picked up the ball out of the ruck and stood still while looking around what he would do next.

Comment

This was the day that JJ came of age as a Munster Player. With little or no training, he gave a gutsy performance and did everything well. I'm delighted for him.

I thought this was an amazing performance by Munster - everyone stepped up to the plate. Forget the final score, this was a highly competitive game. I'm extremely proud of our lads and this augers well for the Pro 14 now.

They were rarely pinged for offside, we were pinged everytime by Barnes, that allowed them to throw the ball around.

A few errors but overall we saw the real Munster today

Comment

Well done to all who travelled- you came over the radio and tv loud and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Sanono View Post
                    So bloody proud of the lads today. Would’ve received a lot of abuse this week. Played their hearts out but unfortunately through a combination of Barnes refusing to properly referee racing, the French TV director and a batch of fine margins we lost. Scoreline wholy unfair. Let’s get behind the team now and win the pro14. No more of this calling for heads crap after every single loss. A sad day for Munster when we get knocked out at the group stage but it was always gonna be a massive massive ask to qualify out of this group. JOD and Kleyn were immense today. This isn’t the end of this journey.
                    Well said, lets get behind the team we're supporters not keyboard critics, I don't understand all this criticism of individual players, they played their hearts out today. 'Supporters' only when a team are winning are not true supporters!

Comment

not complaining about the result as Racing deserved their win today, but settle an argument for me

was the Racing first try a knock on or not?

for what its worth I think it was a clear knock on

Comment

Can we definitely not qualify, put 5 on Ospreys and Racing beat Sarries?
                        16 will nearly get one of the three best second’s the way the groups are!

Comment

the thomas try very suspect. There is definitely a camera actually that would have should if he was offside or not. In fact if you’re watching the game youll see a tramline camera moving up and down pitch. Very suspect that only two angles shown, neither of which had thomas in picture

Comment

Originally posted by kingtiger View Post
                            not complaining about the result as Racing deserved their win today, but settle an argument for me

was the Racing first try a knock on or not?

for what its worth I think it was a clear knock on
                            I thought knock on. Also cannot figure out why Barnes called for the penalty when we were knocking on their line with an overlap. Yes we got the penalty but...

Comment

That all singimg all dancing stadium with only two camera angles both behind Thomas in the act of scoring that dubious try.

Comment

Originally posted by Stalida View Post
                                Can we definitely not qualify, put 5 on Ospreys and Racing beat Sarries?
                                16 will nearly get one of the three best second’s the way the groups are!
                                Piquet must be somewhere crunching the numbers as we speak but yes we can still qualify
                                a racing win though away to saracens looks unlikely
                                We need a BP win , saracens to lose at home , and I think two of Gloucester Northampton and Glasgow who all play away to lose . Clutching at straws, the reward would be a 1/4 away to leinster

Comment

Working...
                                X