Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEC R5. Racing vs. Munster. Paris. TV Coverage BT Sport. Sunday 12th Jan @3.15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
    Does it matter to Munster if Saracens lost? We still need 9 points from the next 2 games right?
    No, we must match Saracens' Match Points from here on to be sure of staying ahead of them. Nine would not be enough if they get ten, they won the Head to Head.

See here Post 3 for a more detailed analysis, which assumes that Sarries will get a fiver in the Liberty. If they don't, then nine would do. I know it's highly unlikely, but if Sarries were to lose tomorrow, then while a loss in Paris would make staying ahead of them easier, it would make getting a second placed qualification spot more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

It would matter a lot. Currently we're on 11. Saracens are on 10. If we both loose than it's back in our own hands.
      But the most Points Munster could get with a loss in Paris, is 18, as things stand, that would need favourable results elsewhere to get a second placed spot.

If Munster get nowt on Sunday and Sarries get summat on Saturday, then Munster must get more in Round Six than Sarries do.

A loss on Sunday means Munster can't possibly win the Pool.

Comment

Rog talking about leaders not up to it in pivotal positions, wonder who he means?
        Holland?R Scannell?Archer? Or maybe it's the internationals like Murray, Stander and POM who can't seem to get us over the line in big games.

No doubt the quality of player has fallen but we have been horribly coached for a number of years with some v poor appointments.
        Last edited by Tobyglen; 10th-January-2020, 13:36.

Comment

It would matter a lot. Currently we're on 11. Saracens are on 10. If we both loose than it's back in our own hands.
          If we lose (especially without a bonus) we may be out regardless. Pool 3 will definitely get a second place team, Northampton are likely to end up on 17, given Lyon will have nothing to play for, so that just needs one of the other teams on 8 or more to get 2 wins . . . and there's a few !

Comment

Similarly delighted that Donnacha is not starting for them cos he always plays well against us. That said, he could make a serious impact if it's a tight game in the last quarter, particularly if they're defending a lead. No better man to screw up our lineout five yards from their line.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on D Ryan not starting. Is Machenaud benching a surprise? I dont know much about Iribaren but I always thought he was a bit of a journeyman. Solid pro but definitely not their #1. Are they mixing & matching and resting guys? (Sure Donncha can do damage when he comes on but I'd rather him benching than starting)

Comment

Saracens lose and Musnter lose then Munster probably away to Leinster.
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                Rog talking about leaders not up to it in pivotal positions, wonder who he means?
                Holland?R Scannell?Archer? Or maybe it's the internationals like Murray, Stander and POM who can't seem to get us over the line in big games.

No doubt the quality of player has fallen but we have been horribly coached for a number of years with some v poor appointments.
                ROG might need to think again if he's claiming Murray, Stander and POM aren't up to it. They're all Lions who have been integral to beating the ABs and winning 6Ns and GS's for Ireland. ROG was good, and part of a great HEC team, but he doesn't have their track record at the very top IMHO. Very few Irish players do.

Holland is a very effective leader in the squad and a good player. A model pro who sets an excellent example for the younger lads IMHO.

Can't find much fault with Scannell or Archer these days and they're not held up as leaders in the squad the way the above four are. They're not top class but they're good players and as good as many lads we fielded in ROG's day.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

But the most Points Munster could get with a loss in Paris, is 18, as things stand, that would need favourable results elsewhere to get a second placed spot.

If Munster get nowt on Sunday and Sarries get summat on Saturday, then Munster must get more in Round Six than Sarries do.

A loss on Sunday means Munster can't possibly win the Pool.
                  You're right. I was assuming that a 2nd spot in our group is enough but I forgot that not all 2nd placed teams will proceed to the quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

ROG might need to think again if he's claiming Murray, Stander and POM aren't up to it. They're all Lions who have been integral to beating the ABs and winning 6Ns and GS's for Ireland. ROG was good, and part of a great HEC team, but he doesn't have their track record at the very top IMHO. Very few Irish players do.

Holland is a very effective leader in the squad and a good player. A model pro who sets an excellent example for the younger lads IMHO.

Can't find much fault with Scannell or Archer these days and they're not held up as leaders in the squad the way the above four are. They're not top class but they're good players and as good as many lads we fielded in ROG's day.
                    He must mean someone, he didn't just put it there for the sake of it. Grand saying all those players are Lions but they still haven't won anything with us with them as "leaders", Ospreys had all those Lions in 09 etc and didn't do much for Os. Big difference between a good player and a leader and there is certainly not a winning culture with Munster.
                    Last edited by Tobyglen; 10th-January-2020, 14:00.

Comment

"As long as they empty the tank. What we can’t have is wishy washy decision-making (Stander, Billy) , average box-kicking (Murray), falling off tackles (Earls, POM). Not fronting up as a pack. (entire pack)." He is letting them have it
                      (this line was brutal though: "The reality, in my view, is that some people who don’t know the club and the ethos put average players in positions of prominence and power. Lads who get called ‘leaders’. Let’s call a spade a spade. If that’s your leadership group, what message does that send to everyone else?"

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

"As long as they empty the tank. What we can’t have is wishy washy decision-making (Stander, Billy) , average box-kicking (Murray), falling off tackles (Earls, POM). Not fronting up as a pack. (entire pack)." He is letting them have it
                        (this line was brutal though: "The reality, in my view, is that some people who don’t know the club and the ethos put average players in positions of prominence and power. Lads who get called ‘leaders’. Let’s call a spade a spade. If that’s your leadership group, what message does that send to everyone else?"
                        When you see how pissed ROG is at current situation you would imagine the current players must be raring to go against Racing. I'm expecting us to go and win, we are 4/1 to win on the exchanges so completely written off
                        Last edited by Tobyglen; 10th-January-2020, 14:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

Seemed to me he was getting at the management team for appointing average players as so-called leaders. We know who the management team is. What I'm not sure is which average players are being made 'leaders'.
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

When you see how pissed ROG is at current situation you would imagine the current players must be raring to go against Racing. I'm expecting us to go and win, we are 4/1 to win on the exchanges so completely written off
                            Agreed, I 'Believe' that we can win, we're always better as underdogs. You can still get 25/1 on Paddy Power (with 'Cash-Out' option) for the Champions Cup. IF, IF, we win on Sunday and next week we would be down to less that 10/1.
                            Anyway, the odds are unimportant - we can pull it off on Sunday!

Comment

Enlighten me, if i put a tenner on Munster at 25/1, they win, the odds go to 10/1 and I opt for the Cashout option, how much would I win?

ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Mike Ruddock might disagree?
                                Can't see them pulling it off but Salaries finishers don't look so strong
                                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X