Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEC R5. Racing vs. Munster. Paris. TV Coverage BT Sport. Sunday 12th Jan @3.15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
    "There are some legacy issues Munster are still paying the price for. The reality, in my view, is that some people who don’t know the club and the ethos put average players in positions of prominence and power. Lads who get called ‘leaders’. Let’s call a spade a spade. If that’s your leadership group, what message does that send to everyone else?"

W1hat is ROG referring to this morning in the Examiner?
    He's stoking the fire in my opinion as well as selling the paper. I think he's earned the right

Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
      Yes but it can be changed right up until kickoff.
      Indeed. Expect all the 50/50 players to be named in the starting XV.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
        "There are some legacy issues Munster are still paying the price for. The reality, in my view, is that some people who don’t know the club and the ethos put average players in positions of prominence and power. Lads who get called ‘leaders’. Let’s call a spade a spade. If that’s your leadership group, what message does that send to everyone else?"

What is ROG referring to this morning in the Examiner?
        It’s an interesting quote but I honestly can’t see anybody in the side who’s considered a leader who doesn’t embody the traditional Munster ethos. And they’re not average players.

POM, CJ, Murray and Earls are probably the main men in the squad. All top class players and ‘old-school-Munster’ in terms of attitude.

Billy is another. He’s not of the same quality as the others but I would see him the way I saw MOD (and Leo Cullen for Leinster too): a consistent, clever, player and absolutely committed to the cause. You need lads like that in the squad.

I think he’s just stirring.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

He's stoking the fire in my opinion as well as selling the paper. I think he's earned the right
          I think he is stoking the fire and hopefully it will be flaming come Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Some man ROG.....his writings are as good as his Dropgoals. Great read.
            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

It would appear from the article Simon Lewis has in d'Exa EDIT - yesterday - that JJ is being given as much of a chance as possible, but that if he's not fit then JVG is leaning towards starting Healy and keeping Rory at 12. All still highly speculative of course, but make of it what you will.

Either way, the head coach will not risk Hanrahan if he is anything less than 100% fit and with two days before a decision will have to be made on Friday, it was yesterday confirmed that the Kerryman was not yet at that point.

“He’s in good form, he was out on the pitch for a while today, did a bit of team training, not at 100% yet,” van Graan said. “JJ is an experienced 10 and an important member of our squad. He has been the in-form 10 for Munster this season.

“We will put him through a fitness test on Friday and if he comes through that, we’ll put him into training and if he comes through training, we’ll select him. If he doesn’t come through that, then we’re going to go with Ben and Rory. We’ll make our decision then as to what way we go.

“We’ve been in this position before and it’s next man in. We will back JJ to be ready, I’m definitely not going to risk him because of the importance of this game. We’re really hopeful that he will be ready and if not, really excited to see Ben and Rory.”

With Scannell an important cog at second receiver in the new and attacking gameplan being introduced by senior coach Stephen Larkham, there may be a reluctance to further disrupt the Munster backline, though van Graan has more options in midfield than he does at out-half.

Reading between the lines after training in Limerick yesterday, however, the South African certainly implied that it would be Healy getting the nod for just a second senior start.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/preview/...cing-92-clash/

The Munster team to face Racing 92 in Paris on Sunday afternoon has been named by Head Coach Johann van Graan.

The squad will go through their final training session at UL this afternoon and fly to Paris on Saturday.

Niall Scannell starts at hooker on his 100th Munster appearance, see more details on Scannell’s landmark appearance here.

Peter O’Mahony captains the side with eight changes to the team that faced Ulster last weekend.

Mike Haley is named at full-back with Andrew Conway and Keith Earls starting on either flank.

Rory Scannell and Chris Farrell pair up in the centres with Conor Murray and JJ Hanrahan forming the half-back partnership.

Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell and Stephen Archer pack down in the front row with Jean Kleyn and Billy Holland in the engine room.

O’Mahony, Jack O’Donoghue and CJ Stander are named in the back row.

Craig Casey and Shane Daly are both among the replacements and could make their Champions Cup debuts.

Find out all you need to know ahead of the game here.

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Jack O’Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Jeremy Loughman, John Ryan, Arno Botha, Chris Cloete, Craig Casey, Dan Goggin, Shane Daly.

Comment

Casey on the bench, delighted with that, everything else pretty much as expected

Comment

Glad JJ made it. Also, some fine young talent on the bench which is great to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Cracking team and exciting bench. When there's injury worries its easy to forget who we have rather than who is missing. That's a team that can win. Brilliant to see Casey and Daly on the bench, future stars! JJ named, whether he actually plays is another story but I'm sure they'll have Healy ready just in case.

Comment

No second row cover? Can't see Jean Kleyn lasting the full 80. Presumably Fineen is still RTP but quite an indictment of DOS that POM or JOD would go into the second row. Gavin Coombes might have been a better option than Cloete

Comment

JJ hasn't made it yet, I'd say.

He'll have the eyes of all the away fans on him throughout the warm up.

Comment

RACING 92
                            • 15. Brice Dulin,
                            • 14. Teddy Thomas,
                            • 13. Virimi Vakatawa,
                            • 12. Henry Chavancy (c),
                            • 11. Juan Imhoff,
                            • 10. Finn Russell,
                            • 9. Teddy Iribaren,
                            • 1. Eddy Ben Arous,
                            • 2. Camille Chat,
                            • 3. Ben Tameifuna,
                            • 4. Boris Palu,
                            • 5. Dominic Bird,
                            • 6. Wenceslas Lauret,
                            • 7. Bernard Le Roux,
                            • 8. Antonie Claassen.

Replacements:
                            • 16. Teddy Baubigny,
                            • 17. Hassane Kolingar,
                            • 18. Cedate Gomes Sa,
                            • 19. Donnacha Ryan,
                            • 20. Fabien Sanconnie,
                            • 21. Maxime Machenaud,
                            • 22. Ben Volavola,
                            • 23. Olivier Klemenczak,

Comment

Craig Casey and Shane Daly! Didn't think he'd go that far. Gwan the young lads!

Fineen obviously not fit, so 6'2" Botha is our second row replacement - presumably none of Coombes, O'Connor or O'Shea were deemed suitable. So what happens if Billy or Jean get injured? Botha has the bulk to pack down there, and maybe the plan is for Jack O'Donoghue and/or Dan Goggin to take on that role in the lineout?
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

We got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X