Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEC R5. Racing vs. Munster. Paris. TV Coverage BT Sport. Sunday 12th Jan @3.15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    Lookit, just cause we have no right to win this game, it doesn't mean that we won't. After the Pool draw, everyone thought this pool would got to the wire IF Munster could be competitive against Sarries and Racing. Over three games we proved we could be. The bind we're in has more to do with the fluffed opportunity for an LBP in the Allianz and a missed DG against Racing than with injuries or feeling sorry for ourselves.

We're in with a shout here and a win would transform us from also rans with real contenders and force Racing to put out a team against Saracens.

It's all on this.
    Yes to this optimism and realism. We weren't that far off in any of the HEC games. We can compete. Think we just need a smidgeon of luck and a lorry load of aggression.

"Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      I got a horrible premonition of Racing breaking 40 points on the scoreboard after listening to the42 rugby weekly podcast

Racing are averaging 16 linebreaks a game

Fingers crossed we can quieten them
      They get 40, we'll get 48.

Comment

Most of these fellas are twice semi-finalists. The Ulster match, latter 65 mins, smacked of fellas saving themselves. I just want to see us make them wonder what they're up against and see where that brings us....
        Gwan Killer!
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Any recommendations about where in London city centre I could watch this?

Comment

Sheephaven in Mornington Crescent, Camden, according to Fitzy...
            (Not so Central though)
            Last edited by ustix; 9th-January-2020, 18:47.
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
              Sheephaven in Mornington Crescent, Camden, according to Fitzy...
              (Not so Central though)
              Cheers, thanks. SUAF

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

Yes to this optimism and realism. We weren't that far off in any of the HEC games. We can compete. Think we just need a smidgeon of luck and a lorry load of aggression.
                Seriously; not every good team is going to steamroll all the opposition in front of them; that rarely happens in sports, especially professional ones. Teams will lose game,s and sometimes they'll look poor in doing so. They can take this team. Andy Dunne was on otb yesterday and he seemed to really back the idea of Scannell getting the job done at 10, with the caveat that he has to demand the ball from Murray to play a territorial kicking game instead of the box kicks, which I agree with. I think he is right, Scannel has most likely been training at least part time as a 10 for the much of the season b/c there hasn't been a time where Joey, Tyler and JJ have been fit simultaneously. I like the idea b/c it gets Farrell and Goggin on at the same time; Farrell has said he wants to have a go at 12, I say let him. If there is any week to unleash some sort of offloading game using guys who have ball skills, this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Seriously; not every good team is going to steamroll all the opposition in front of them; that rarely happens in sports, especially professional ones. Teams will lose game,s and sometimes they'll look poor in doing so. They can take this team. Andy Dunne was on otb yesterday and he seemed to really back the idea of Scannell getting the job done at 10, with the caveat that he has to demand the ball from Murray to play a territorial kicking game instead of the box kicks, which I agree with. I think he is right, Scannel has most likely been training at least part time as a 10 for the much of the season b/c there hasn't been a time where Joey, Tyler and JJ have been fit simultaneously. I like the idea b/c it gets Farrell and Goggin on at the same time; Farrell has said he wants to have a go at 12, I say let him. If there is any week to unleash some sort of offloading game using guys who have ball skills, this is it.
                  We had a quite a few games this season where we did not have a flyhalf on the bench and JVG confirmed that Scannell has been training to cover this position if needed. If he was the backup in those situations, why shouldn't he be now?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

We had a quite a few games this season where we did not have a flyhalf on the bench and JVG confirmed that Scannell has been training to cover this position if needed. If he was the backup in those situations, why shouldn't he be now?
                    You’d imagine he would be. That said, I’m surprised we haven’t seen Scannell at 10 in any game since we started this no 10 on the bench approach. No amount of training will make up for experience in real games- I’d imagine our line out in training is excellent, people hold passes, and JJ gets 100% of those drop goals. Perhaps we haven’t seen him at 10 because of what seems an unusually demanding run of important games. Alternatively it could be an ‘in case of emergency break glass’ situation, he’s there if, during a game we need him- but you never want to be in that situation. Its a while since I saw him at 10, but seems to me to have all the attributes, so a great option to have.

Comment

"There are some legacy issues Munster are still paying the price for. The reality, in my view, is that some people who don’t know the club and the ethos put average players in positions of prominence and power. Lads who get called ‘leaders’. Let’s call a spade a spade. If that’s your leadership group, what message does that send to everyone else?"

What is ROG referring to this morning in the Examiner?

Headline Bring the boots and gumshield. Leave the Bose headphones at home
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Unfortunate timing, for any of the leadership group to be implied as 'average' players.
                        Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

You’d imagine he would be. That said, I’m surprised we haven’t seen Scannell at 10 in any game since we started this no 10 on the bench approach. No amount of training will make up for experience in real games- I’d imagine our line out in training is excellent, people hold passes, and JJ gets 100% of those drop goals. Perhaps we haven’t seen him at 10 because of what seems an unusually demanding run of important games. Alternatively it could be an ‘in case of emergency break glass’ situation, he’s there if, during a game we need him- but you never want to be in that situation. Its a while since I saw him at 10, but seems to me to have all the attributes, so a great option to have.
                          I've heard that they make 100% of the tackles on the bags during training.

Comment

I read that the team will be announced today. Will it be at noon or could it also be later in the afternoon as the game is on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                              I read that the team will be announced today. Will it be at noon or could it also be later in the afternoon as the game is on Sunday?
                              Has to be announced by noon on Friday whether the game is on Saturday or Sunday.

Comment

Yes but it can be changed right up until kickoff.
                                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                                X