Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEC R5. Racing vs. Munster. Paris. TV Coverage BT Sport. Sunday 12th Jan @3.15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
      Munster 7/2 and Ulster 12/5.

Amidst all the gloom it should be remembered that Munster went toe to toe to with a very strong Sracens side - away from home and for me that was the most impressive Munster away performance against a team justifiably ranked above them in Europe in some time.

Ruzza needs to be kept somehow under wraps - obviously and JJ probably needs to play to get a win.

On the postive side all the pressure is on Racing and the weather is not scorching and Munster will fight like dogs.

Sin é.

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Yip, i agree, we brought intensity in London against a pretty full Sarries team. We'll need to do the same again. Racing attack is probably more potent, but I don't think their defense is as good as Saracens.
        Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
        Aint nothin I would rather do,
        Goin down, party time,
        My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

Munster are adding Casey, Barron and G Coombes to European squad according to Colm Kinsella at the Leader (replacing Mathewson, Holloway and Beirne).
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
            Munster are adding Casey, Barron and G Coombes to European squad according to Colm Kinsella at the Leader (replacing Mathewson, Holloway and Beirne).
            He has a habit of putting news out there that's already been announced by MR https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/01/...ons-cup-squad/

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Big questions for me on that too. This is exactly the sort of period where over the years the likes of Niall Ronan put a marker down. If nothing else you'd be expecting to see maniacal aggression.

Maybe Cloete's infringement errors are coming from being too keen to get stuck in?

O'Shea is 27, 6 foot 9 and 18 and a half stone. If not now, like...?
              Prior to that serious arm injury, Cloete at least had shown that he had what it takes to operate at this level. Between that, the head/neck injury he got against Leinster a year ago, plus another concussion in November that put him out of action for another period of weeks, it's understandable that his form hasn't quite recovered to the standards he was setting when he first arrived, and that he can be overly keen at times but I'd rather see that from a player than someone not getting stuck in enough. You need the fight in the dog ...

I remember saying at the beginning of last season that I hoped DOS would get the chance to step up, and at the beginning of this one that he pretty much has to. Unfortunately, in the games we've seen him play thus far I haven't seen him dominate opponents in the manner his physique would suggest he should be able to. If Devin Toner can be turned into an international-quality player, it's entirely reasonable to expect more than we've seen thus far from O'Shea, whose lack of progress to date is partly why I've started wondering whether Coombes could become a stronger candidate for lock than Wycherley - he's that bit taller (6'6" vs 6'4") and despite being listed as a couple of kilos lighter than Fineen I think he looks like he'll bulk out a bit more over the next year and more. I had high hopes for Seán O'Connor but he seems to have fallen out of favour this season.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Prior to that serious arm injury, Cloete at least had shown that he had what it takes to operate at this level. Between that, the head/neck injury he got against Leinster a year ago, plus another concussion in November that put him out of action for another period of weeks, it's understandable that his form hasn't quite recovered to the standards he was setting when he first arrived, and that he can be overly keen at times but I'd rather see that from a player than someone not getting stuck in enough. You need the fight in the dog ...

I remember saying at the beginning of last season that I hoped DOS would get the chance to step up, and at the beginning of this one that he pretty much has to. Unfortunately, in the games we've seen play thus far I haven't seen him dominate opponents in the manner his physique would suggest he should be able to. If Devin Toner can be turned into an international-quality player, it's entirely reasonable to expect more than we've seen thus far from O'Shea, whose lack of progress to date is partly why I've started wondering whether Coombes could become a stronger candidate for lock than Wycherley - he's that bit taller (6'6" vs 6'4") and heavier, and despite being listed as a couple of kilos lighter than Fineen I think he looks like he'll bulk out a bit more over the next year and more. I had high hopes for Seán O'Connor but he seems to have fallen out of favour this season.
                Re DOS. I'm amazed we ever brought him back, never mind extended his contract. I have yet to see a performance 3 and a half seasons in to suggest he's good enough. He was unable to get into get into a struggling Worcester 23 outside of the Challenge Cup, so how anyone though he was going to be able to make the step up to Munster is beyond me. .

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

I've always liked Cloete as a player, and he does have some great flanker qualities - irritating, immovable, and very strong. But I don't think he has done it consistently enough and even for the whole of a match. And he does give penalties away, and although some are borderline, others are fairly blatant. But I'd have him in the 23 for sure.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Cloete is decent but not at the level we need starting these games. I’d have him in our wider squad but we need a top class 7.

DOS is one of those lads who look like Tarzan but play like Jane. A bit harsh maybe but he just doesn’t bring the aggression and desire you need to be a pro rugby player. We’re not signing Snyman for nothing.

Nick Mc has had very few opportunities so I think it’s too early to judge.

Fineen, JOD, Daly and a few others are taking their chances in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Absolutely. Everything points towards a home victory and a not inconsiderable margin.

Munster are clearly at a very low ebb. The players are relatively underpowered and are prone to errors. Many front liners are out injured. The oft talked about new game plan hasn't born much fruit as of yet, and against tougher opposition we tend to revert to type (one out runners etc). Our recent form has been poor.

I'm finding it impossible to see any positives tbh.

I'll be watching from behind several couches on Sunday.
                      I wouldn’t be quite so despondent. The Ulster game put a big downer on things but we’ll be making five or six changes to the pack that started that game, and bringing Farrell, JJ and Haley into the back line.

The teams that lost to Leinster and Ulster were a mix and match job. The side we’ll be fielding against Racing will be much more like the side that went toe to toe with Sarries.

I have a feeling they’ll be looking to shut a few critical mouths this weekend. It’s like the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Munster 7/2 and Ulster 12/5.

Amidst all the gloom it should be remembered that Munster went toe to toe to with a very strong Sracens side - away from home and for me that was the most impressive Munster away performance against a team justifiably ranked above them in Europe in some time.

Ruzza needs to be kept somehow under wraps - obviously and JJ probably needs to play to get a win.

On the postive side all the pressure is on Racing and the weather is not scorching and Munster will fight like dogs.

Sin é.
                        I think we will see a reaction to Fridays performance and the subsequent criticism that followed. The fact that a lot of this came from former players ( having a go at the players mind you - not the mgt team) will have hit hard. The media you take with a pinch of salt, Franno does it every week he writes an article related to anything munster.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          Listened to Rog on OTB, his take on the game is not exactly positive.

What stood out:
                          • Carbery is a thoroughbred horse and liable to injury that little bit more perhaps due to his fast twitch muscles. Hes that bit more fragile because hes so special. Joe Molloy mentioned Joey has started 4 games in 12 months :(
                          • Racing play with pace and width, you kick the ball loosely to their back three and you're under your own posts sooner or later
                          • Munster playing a kicking game will not be enough, they will lap it up. Munster have to win collisions - if only to allow the backline and offloading game start to rumble
                          • Finn Russell is in the form of his life, they've so many weapons out wide
                          • Munster's confidence looks low of late, upheaval, injuries and results are all contributors to this
                          It all sounded like we are in for a world of hurt.
                          At this point, people are just making up excuses rather than say "evidence is stacking up that his body just can't handle this level of rugby on a consistent basis." Everyone has fast twitch muscles, all pro athletes utilize them on a constant basis. He's fragile b/c he's special ? Come on. At this rate, Beauden Barrett would be long since retired due to injury if being a special talent somehow made you more injury prone. This is starting to remind me of the months of denial that Murray isn't what he once was. It sucks, hopefully this is the last major injury he has but I wouldn't put money on that being the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

At this point, people are just making up excuses rather than say "evidence is stacking up that his body just can't handle this level of rugby on a consistent basis." Everyone has fast twitch muscles, all pro athletes utilize them on a constant basis. He's fragile b/c he's special ? Come on. At this rate, Beauden Barrett would be long since retired due to injury if being a special talent somehow made you more injury prone. This is starting to remind me of the months of denial that Murray isn't what he once was. It sucks, hopefully this is the last major injury he has but I wouldn't put money on that being the case.
                            Take it up with ROG
                            I am the million man.

Comment

We are going to get creamed.
                              Might as well concentrate on Pro14 from now on.
                              Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                                We are going to get creamed.
                                Might as well concentrate on Pro14 from now on.
                                or qualifying for Europe next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X