No announcement yet.

P14 R10) Ulster v Us - Kingspan Stadium - Friday 3rd Jan - 19:35 KO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a lot more of their 1st choicers playing, obviously its going to be a tough one to win up there but think the boys will raise their game after last Saturday.

Dry night expected so let's hope we use our handy wingers and give them the ball a bit more, we know what they can do. 1st trip to Ravenhill tomorrow, looking forward to it, looks like its going to be close to a sell out. SUAF.

Comment

Was Casey not carrying an injury?
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Keynan Knox has been playing very well. However, I think he's up against his toughest test to date. Be great to see him come out well from this one.

Otherwise very good team in the circumstances. They may be edging us in the locks, but this could be the moment when Darren O'Shea grabs his moment and outplays (with Fineen) both Henderson and O'Connor. Anyone know who will call the lineout?

Comment

Dissapointed to not see Goggin starting. Maybe the coaches feel that Arnold deserves a second chance after last week. Lets hope he grabs this opportunity and gets the wingers involves. Weather is good and he has arguably the best wingers of Ireland so no excuses now.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

A few have to be rested under IRFU diktat (Kleyn, Farrell and one of two more). Killer got a bang on the thigh last week so is probably being minded, while TOD and JJ pulled hamstrings.

I think that’s about as strong as we’re allowed/able to field. Arguably the props could be more experienced but the starters are both in good form and serious players. Excited about seeing how they go.
            Not sure why there is not absolute clarity on who is being rested by the IRFU? Whats the issue with secrecy?

Killer according to IT was fit(I think). Billy is presumably being rested.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Not sure why there is not absolute clarity on who is being rested by the IRFU? Whats the issue with secrecy?

There is clarity. All world cup players had to have two consecutive weeks off. So CJ, Kleyn and Farrell, who all played against Connacht are ruled out of this game. Everyone else who's fit is available. They only outlier is Killer who doesn't fall under the dictat due to being out injured for so long.

Billy isn't being managed by the IRFU, but has started the last 4 games and will start the next 2 so rightly sits this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

There is clarity. CJ, Kleyn and Farrell were named by JVG during the week as the three he can’t select. All went to the RWC and played against Connacht, so they’re on their mandatory second consecutive rest week. The others are available unless injured.

Killer and Cloete both got contusions last week and had to come off so, while they may be able to play, probably better to only use them sparingly this week. Another bang in the same place could be problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                  Was Casey not carrying an injury?
                  That was the suggestion here a week or so ago. Thigh?

Comment

Paddy Power (Other bookies are available) have Ulster -3 Munster +3 on the handicap which is basically the home advantage. They are seeing the 2 23s as hard to split/sitting on the fence.

Comment

That's a decent Munster team. I hope that O'Shea in particular steps up and has a big game.
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Excited for Knox. But why is jacko seeing so much action. He'll be wrecked surely? Why Arnold? Why no Casey?

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                          Excited for Knox. But why is jacko seeing so much action. He'll be wrecked surely? Why Arnold? Why no Casey?
                          I'm sure they're happy for Jacko to maintain his current streak of form, Arnold hasn't had much of a chance this year since his injury last year & Casey had a strain after the Connacht game.

Delighted to see Jack O Sullivan on the bench again & Coombes back in action, The coaches are rotating well this season IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post

I'm sure they're happy for Jacko to maintain his current streak of form, Arnold hasn't had much of a chance this year since his injury last year & Casey had a strain after the Connacht game.

Delighted to see Jack O Sullivan on the bench again & Coombes back in action, The coaches are rotating well this season IMO.
                            I think Arnold is a bit underestimated(on here) - he is very good at making yards in tight situations and very physical.

The problem for JOS and Coombes in a game where Munster will be under serious pressure - is (assuming no injuries) how many minutes will they get and If Munster are in front Van the Coach will be very reluctant to make changes.

Edit: Coombes covering at lock - might see quite a bit.
                            Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 2nd-January-2020, 15:32.
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

o'shea starting fills me with dread. other than that, i like the side.

Comment

Another day without cover for 10 on the bench, either a sign that confidence in Joeys fitness is high or it's desperation stakes, is Ben Healy not available?

Comment

Working...
                                X