P14 R10) Ulster v Us - Kingspan Stadium - Friday 3rd Jan - 19:35 KO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highfield View Post
    We have nothing. We can't break the gainline. We have no game plan. No energy. Poor discipline. All season the signs were there. Van Graan is failing badly. This has nothing to do with players at this point. It was the same when we played them at home and we were lucky to get result.

McFarland has transformed Ulster.
    100 percent agree. McFarland took some hammerings and humiliations at the start but he has build something over a few seasons. 3 seasons in I don’t have a clue what jvg is doing or has done since rassie left. We blamed his half season introduction and not having pre season.okay well he has had two now. Fired all the coaches indirectly or whatever. Got carberry as a gift from the irfu. Not good enough maybe.

Comment

Not much to say about this.

I predicted that we would lose this and in Paris. I fear 2 hammerings now.

Just need to use the season to build for next year.

I don't like to criticise players and I won't name anyone but a few fringe players will be very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
        I used my eyes.
        Good man

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

100 percent agree. McFarland took some hammerings and humiliations at the start but he has build something over a few seasons. 3 seasons in I don’t have a clue what jvg is doing or has done since rassie left. We blamed his half season introduction and not having pre season.okay well he has had two now. Fired all the coaches indirectly or whatever. Got carberry as a gift from the irfu. Not good enough maybe.
          When you change your attack and forwards coach they’ve only had the bones of 5 months with them, less with the internationals at the WC. JVG isn’t the one falling off tackles, losing collisions etc. not good enough from the players on the pitch.
          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post

When you change your attack and forwards coach they’ve only had the bones of 5 months with them, less with the internationals at the WC. JVG isn’t the one falling off tackles, losing collisions etc. not good enough from the players on the pitch.
            No. But when a team falls apart on the pitch it reflects on the head coach. And ultimately it is his head that will roll

Comment

We don't have a creative and dangerous running line. We just have players who try to throw fancy balls which lead to nothing. I was hoping Larkham could add more than that.

Comment

Just no!

Comment

JFC ref!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post

A stop. Same last year. no progress and team is going backwards. A good head coach doesn't take 3 years before a team can pass a ball.

Comment

Stupid of Cloete, never changes.

Comment

Fair play to Ulster here, given us a right beating. Cooney, McCloskey have to be in contention to start for Ireland. McFarland has done a fine job, Ulster were atrocious when he arrived.
                        For us, I think we need a full season under the new coaching regime, this is going to be a painful season but to get outfought so badly in last 2 games is worrying.
                        ​​​​​​JVG was forwards coach under SA when they were shipping 60 pt beatings to NZ, let's hope he has learned because his teams seem to be devoid of intensity.
                        Last edited by Tobyglen; 3rd-January-2020, 21:24.

Comment

It seems like we went backwards since the internationals returned. I was excited to see the progress the first few rounds, but now…yeesh! Hopefully next week they can step it up as I’ll be there to witness it in the flesh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                            Stupid of Cloete, never changes.
                            Same last week unfortunately, also gave away pen needlessly by playing man , that's indiscipline and that's very hard to take .

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
                              It seems like we went backwards since the internationals returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Don't think so but our internationals didn't add much either since their return while the other teams have

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                                We don't have a creative and dangerous running line. We just have players who try to throw fancy balls which lead to nothing. I was hoping Larkham could add more than that.
                                Yes we do, the problem is we are losing collisions. That’s not coaching that’s player ability. We are getting smashed back by bigger and more physical teams, we lack big ball carriers. We are having to work extra hard for any momentum to get go forward ball. It’s like running in to a brick wall.
                                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Working...
                                X