Munster v leinster sat 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster v leinster sat 29th

Interesting appointment, surely there are neutral non Irish even refs available

Munster v Leinster – KO 18.00
    Thomond Park, Limerick
    Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU, 29th Championship Appearance)
    AR1: George Clancy (IRFU) AR2: Chris Busby (IRFU)
    TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)

Indeed. Advantage Leinster.

Comment

I read somewhere that the call up for camp Farrell was only a 24 hour brainstorming and carol
      singing and meeting up again in January. Does that mean that we will get close to full teams ?

Comment

Originally posted by RED 49 View Post
        Interesting appointment, surely there are neutral non Irish even refs available

Munster v Leinster – KO 18.00
        Thomond Park, Limerick
        Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU, 29th Championship Appearance)
        AR1: George Clancy (IRFU) AR2: Chris Busby (IRFU)
        TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)
        shambles. And lim man Clancy on the line. Surely could get Owens or Whitehouse. For this. It’s not the 26 dec
        so normal flights resume. Didn’t poite ref this in 2013 ?

Comment

I see no problem whatever

Comment

Mumhain Abu

God knows we will need a Christmas miracle to even set foot on the same field as the best academy system in the wurreld.

We haven't a hope against such superior and frankly, handsome rugby princelings.

Not a hope
            I am the million man.

Comment

Not fair on Murphy. I thought he did a solid job last year when some of the Leinster lads completely lost their heads but it was a nightmare game to ref, and he took a lot of flak. Not fair to put him in that position again where every call he makes will be second guessed and dissected for evidence of partiality. Surely to god they could give him Ulster v Connacht and bring in somebody else.
              I think we all get it that refs can be above this stuff but its a bit like "conflict of interest" even the semblance is enough so you simply avoid it in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                Mumhain Abu

God knows we will need a Christmas miracle to even set foot on the same field as the best academy system in the wurreld.

We haven't a hope against such superior and frankly, handsome rugby princelings.

Not a hope
                Bah, townie shapers
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
                  Not fair on Murphy. I thought he did a solid job last year when some of the Leinster lads completely lost their heads but it was a nightmare game to ref, and he took a lot of flak. Not fair to put him in that position again where every call he makes will be second guessed and dissected for evidence of partiality. Surely to god they could give him Ulster v Connacht and bring in somebody else.
                  I think we all get it that refs can be above this stuff but its a bit like "conflict of interest" even the semblance is enough so you simply avoid it in the first place
                  He played like a hundred games for Connacht
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Like a whole century?
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

yeah but IRFU would say there is no problem there either. He is from Cork and played for Munster.
                      For me the issue is last years game and the pressure that will put him under.
                      And Leo wont be doing his job if he doesnt mention it.....

Comment

Mumhain Abu

Not a hope
                        Surly the number one ranked Irish team in the league shouldn’t have anything to fear from the a lower ranked Irish team.

Looking forward to a trip down south, shame about the dodgy refs again and all the best players getting the night off but in fairness I think we will both top our conferences regardless so meh.

Happy Christmas to all you who are that way inclined.

“One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post

Surly the number one ranked Irish team in the league shouldn’t have anything to fear from the a lower ranked Irish team.

Looking forward to a trip down south, shame about the dodgy refs again and all the best players getting the night off but in fairness I think we will both top our conferences regardless so meh.

Happy Christmas to all you who are that way inclined.
                          You've little to fear, we wont even be able to chase you out of town if it is wet - our wooden shoes hold little traction on moist surfaces.
                          I am the million man.

Comment

You've little to fear, we wont even be able to chase you out of town if it is wet - our wooden shoes hold little traction on moist surfaces.
                            All I know is Japan outplayed all the Leinster based Irish players during the World Cup (all the Munster lads were class) and there are a load of Japanese lads in the Murphy’s ad on the TV.

MURPHYS!!
                            “One, Fineen needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Fineen’s not on field, all the other players should be asking 'Where's Fineen?

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                              I read somewhere that the call up for camp Farrell was only a 24 hour brainstorming and carol
                              singing and meeting up again in January. Does that mean that we will get close to full teams ?
                              Unfortunately far from it

Comment

Working...
                              X