P14 R8) Connacht v Us - Sportsgrounds & TG4 - Saturday - 17:15 KO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Well whatever about Paris, Ospreys would, you’d imagine be an ideal opportunity. McCarthy was better than I’ve sent home when he came on against Sarries, but a pairing of Murray and Casey, one Rolls Royce elegance the other quad bike business, would be quite a range of styles to have available.
    Nice comparisons. Gave me a laugh at least. Want to try the rest of the panel some time?!

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post
      Colm de Buitlér,a Connacht academy player who,you won’t be surprised to hear is a native of Connemara. He’s also grandson of Eamon de Buitleir who some here will remember as a musician,wildlife filmmaker and all round good guy.
      Was it himself or a brother who played a few games on the wing in the past few seasons for Connacht?
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

Nice comparisons. Gave me a laugh at least. Want to try the rest of the panel some time?!
        Who'd be a Jaguar?
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Who'd be a Jaguar?
          Joey. Class but breaks down a lot.

Comment

Billy Holland might be something like a rover 2000, p6, for the initiates. Solidly reliable, built to last, and highly effective - but nothing flashy about it. (First ever European car of the year, incidentally).

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
              Billy Holland might be something like a rover 2000, p6, for the initiates. Solidly reliable, built to last, and highly effective - but nothing flashy about it. (First ever European car of the year, incidentally).
              I’d say Billy is a Toyota Landcruiser. Easily as capable and high quality as many more of his fancier, better marketed competitors, and more reliable than most, just not as fashionable.

Comment

That explains Ulster's travails. They're all Gull Wing DeLoreans.

Comment

While we’re making these comparisons, Earls is like a Ducati Monster 1100 I used to have, when I had less appreciation of my own mortality.

Huge power and speed in such a small, perfectly proportioned frame
                  Equally brilliant at manoeuvring through traffic or going flat out in a straight line.
                  A few teething issues but, once I learned how to look after it properly, very reliable.
                  Ridiculously dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by The Yak View Post

Casey was excellent but did anyone else notice his unusual double movement in picking the ball, I was afraid every time that he was going to be pinged for knocking on. Coaching will sort this.
                    Yep, I noticed that too, and had the same worries. He seemed to move the ball around at the back of the ruck with his hand and I was sure he would be pinged. I also thought he was maybe over calm about getting his kicks away, I think if D.Toner had been playing for Connacht Casey would have been lucky to clear him at full stretch. However he showed great confidence, composure and authority and looks like a great replacement for Alby.....at least.
                    'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Who is the Corvair though? Dodgy handling and unreliable.
                      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                        While we’re making these comparisons, Earls is like a Ducati Monster 1100 I used to have, when I had less appreciation of my own mortality.

Huge power and speed in such a small, perfectly proportioned frame
                        Equally brilliant at manoeuvring through traffic or going flat out in a straight line.
                        A few teething issues but, once I learned how to look after it properly, very reliable.
                        Ridiculously dangerous.
                        Never knew Earls is Italian.

Comment

Meeting some Conn fans soon who were not happy re the lenient reffing towards munster. Any thoughts? Were we offside a lot and obstructing runners? This is what I am hearing but I missed most ov TV coverage due to daddy taxi. Anyone care to comment? Tks

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                            Meeting some Conn fans soon who were not happy re the lenient reffing towards munster. Any thoughts? Were we offside a lot and obstructing runners? This is what I am hearing but I missed most ov TV coverage due to daddy taxi. Anyone care to comment? Tks
                            There was an awful lot of booing, but watching on telly we looked pretty solid from a discipline point of view.

The crowd got very wound up about a couple of knock ons that weren’t, and at one stage TOH put up a kick and then ran straight into a Munster player, which also had them complaining. It was the usual one-eyed stuff from a home crowd.

Comment

Working...
                            X