Loads to be positive about

BigDan and Farrell fairly made Bundee very quiet in fairness

JJ showing some real control and dependable traits

Craig Casey

Killer and Loughman both returning in one game

Knox

I am the million man.

Comment

Glasgow have just beaten Edinburgh 20-16 so a good night for us round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
        Glasgow have just beaten Edinburgh 20-16 so a good night for us round.

Actually all results from our conference went our way today! (bar Treviso who now actually threaten Scarlets) :)
        Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Great match good to see fast ball from the scrum half none of this looking around and then deciding meaning the opposition don't have time to reset their defence. Well done Munster great win.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Great win Munster. We were in control for the whole game, never behind.
            In fairness, there were a lot of errors from both teams.

Comment

Connacht were full on for this one so the win was really sweet. Fantastic to see Knox stepping up tight head is such a critical position also we seemed to have the right balance of youth and experience.

Comment

Great win. Jj had a fine game. Casey did very well. We seemed to go with the forward pick and go strategy from the get go. Very disappointing that the next match will essentially be a Munster a v Leinster game. These games need to be the showpiece for Irish rugby and the pro 14.

Comment

Jeez with Coombes, Wych, Sullivan and Hodnett there's some serious homespun heft coming through
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Great performance by Casey and Knox looked impressive also.
                    Now you just need to give these players more and more game time with the senior players.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

As with all the others posting above I was very impressed with Casey. He was up against a guy who has been much mentioned, and looked at least as good. I also like how focussed he was today, earlier this year when he played he did a bit of opposition winding up, which to me was something he needed to curb. The more ponderous delivery by Cronin wasn’t entirely his fault- things were a lot more disorganised with the various substitutions, and maybe it was a time to play a bit more slowly. That said, Casey looked different class- delighted for him, and for us.

Also thought Goggin did a good job at 12, but would have liked to see our wings come in a bit more looking for work. Daly also did a decent at full back.

An important and deserved win, and Coombs aside didn’t look ok like we picked up any injuries, which is critical over the coming weeks.

Comment

That was an awesome performance by our pack. We dominated set plays and our defence of their rolling mail was very impressive. It was also very pleasing to see our scrum remain dominant when Knox and Loughman came on.

This game was going to demonstrate our strength in depth and we came through with flying colours.

Casey was excellent but did anyone else notice his unusual double movement in picking the ball, I was afraid every time that he was going to be pinged for knocking on. Coaching will sort this.
                        Last edited by The Yak; 21st-December-2019, 22:22.

Comment

I'm happy with the result and can appreciate the magnitude of closing out that result against conference opposition away from home followed by two tricky interprovincials before two season defining European games.

The result was massive. More important than anything else that comes over the Christmas interpros.

Denying them a BP would have been huge and though it maybe seemed like we had an opportunity to stop them, they're a very strong side and when you balance their periods of dominance against ours, we did well. We got a 6 point swing vs the bookies keeping us well in contention for a home semi final in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                            Who is the TG4 pundit on the right?`
                            Colm de Buitlér,a Connacht academy player who,you won’t be surprised to hear is a native of Connemara. He’s also grandson of Eamon de Buitleir who some here will remember as a musician,wildlife filmmaker and all round good guy.
                            The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness View Post
                              Colm de Buitlér,a Connacht academy player who,you won’t be surprised to hear is a native of Connemara. He’s also grandson of Eamon de Buitleir who some here will remember as a musician,wildlife filmmaker and all round good guy.
                              Ah yes - Amuigh Faoin Spéir le hEamon de Buitléar. Fondly remembered.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Great performance by the Munster kids today - but what has happened to wings Sweetnam and Wooton?
                                Are they injured or just out of favour.
                                A couple of seasons ago Sweetnam looked on the verge of an international career, and Wooton was full of pace and promise.
                                Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Working...
                                X