HEC R4) Saracens v Munster @ Allianz Park, BT/beIN, Saturday, 3PM

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

True but I doubt this is enough.

Wrath was also saying that they where 600k over the 7.2 cap but I'm pretty sure that it's higher.
    Why?
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

But where can they go to immediately? Everyone else is, presumably, spent up.
      Probably Japan where the league is just to start or France.

We can use Farrell as an injury cover :-)

Comment

Probably Japan where the league is just to start or France.

We can use Farrell as an injury cover :-)
        Interesting that ‘paying off’ players also counts against the cap, so they really are well and truly goosed. On BBC R4 this morning they said that other clubs at a premiership meeting earlier this week finally said they had had enough and pressed the point about the current season. However funded they were a cracking side- but their era and achievements have been tarnished irrevocably. Wray and his ilk had no respect for anyone else, or the game they claimed to love.

Comment

I see George Kruis was in the OTB studio in Dublin the other day.
          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
            I see George Kruis was in the OTB studio in Dublin the other day.
            yea, I linked to it on the Gallagher premiership thread...

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
              Was listening to Andy Goode on The Rugby Pod last week and he was saying, Wray said he will fully support them as long he is there but he is actively trying to sell the club,

That Pod also mentioned earlier in the year that players on their books but who have not played are not included in the cap so the likes of Liam Williams won't count as a player and he won't play for them this season as a result even when fit, (he'd be better off jumping ship now),

How many others on a decent wedge have not played this year?, If what they say about only those who play count to the cap is correct - they have reduced their wage bill.
              I read a couple of weeks ago that Williams will be going to Scarlets before the 6 Nations. Or maybe before the end of it. Should be a Scarlets player after it finishes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

yea, I linked to it on the Gallagher premiership thread...
                I wonder if he had a chat with Nucifora?
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Why?
                  A couple of sources have said that it's believed to be in the region of 1.2 million and 1.3 million for two of the breaches.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...hip-relegation

Not sure what to believe but Guardian says it's official.

Comment

Just to confirm so lads, we’ve effectively been knocked out of the Heineken Cup by serial cheats and liars for three of the past four seasons now. Two of those times it cost us a trip to the final. That’s sickening.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...hip-relegation

Not sure what to believe but Guardian says it's official.
                        PRL confirmed it yesterday. Sarries issued a statement accepting it since.

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Sanono View Post
                          Just to confirm so lads, we’ve effectively been knocked out of the Heineken Cup by serial cheats and liars for three of the past four seasons now. Two of those times it cost us a trip to the final. That’s sickening.
                          They were cheating 6yrs ago when they knocked us out too. Cheating is all they know.
                          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Premiership should withdraw Saracens from HC as they qualified whilst breaking salary cap rules.

They have accepted relegation as they do not want anyone to view their books.

The co-investment in property lark is not included.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Sanono View Post
                              Imagine how Exeter feel about it
                              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I don't like what Sarries did, but I think us complaining about it is a bit futile. There's no salary cap in the competition they knocked us out of. Unless they were significantly outspending the likes of Toulon, Racing, Stade, Toulouse etc over the years, I don't see that it makes much material difference to us.
                                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                                X