HEC R4) Saracens v Munster @ Allianz Park, BT/beIN, Saturday, 3PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sunday this could mean two things:

1) they do not have any appetite to play.

3) or they go all out, knowing this is the last chance to win something.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
      Just posted this in the GP thread. Curtains.

https://twitter.com/LauraScott__/sta...653579776?s=19
      Tweet now deleted....hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
        For Sunday this could mean two things:

1) they do not have any appetite to play.

3) or they go all out, knowing this is the last chance to win something.
        2) They are sorely pissed off and decide to decimate anything in their way out of sheer annoyance. (That’s my guess)

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I didn't take a screenshot or copy the text of it, but it said something like "have received confirmation that Sarries will be relegated to the Championship after missing a deadline to prove compliance with the salary cap this season". That's not an exact quote, but close enough. I'd seen very strong hints of the same thing from another rugby journalist/commentator from a different outlet, as well as the above. Could well be that any official announcement is being held back till after a meeting with players today.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

What did it say?

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/51143657

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

I didn't take a screenshot or copy the text of it, but it said something like "have received confirmation that Sarries will be relegated to the Championship after missing a deadline to prove compliance with the salary cap this season". That's not an exact quote, but close enough. I'd seen very strong hints of the same thing from another rugby journalist/commentator from a different outlet, as well as the above. Could well be that any official announcement is being held back till after a meeting with players today.
                This is the tweet in question mr chips (I've tried uploading a screengrab but i keep getting an error!)
                https://twitter.com/DaithiThe/status...72185308049408
                "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                Will Greenwood

Comment

Some interesting things:

"Saracens will be relegated from the Premiership unless they can prove compliance with Premiership Rugby's salary cap rules in the next few days."

What does next few days mean? Is this decided on Tuesday and do they have till today? Or does it start today till some time next week? It's very vague.

"Although Griffiths revealed to the BBC earlier this month that the club may need to trim their squad to fit under the cap, no players have yet been released."

With that I guess they mean that contracts have to be discharged immediately end not at the end of the season?

"The contract season has already run for seven months - since the start of July - with all the money paid to players who have featured for the club during that period counting towards the cap."

So if they have already paid £5m so far than there is just £2m left to pay the remaining of the season to the players.

"Furthermore, any money paid as compensation to players for cutting short contracts would also be included in the wage bill."

I'd expect such a compensation to be covered in the contract and would be substantial.

So there is a good chance that with the salary already paid since July, and the compensation to cut the contracts, they already exceed the £7m and therefore have no other chance than relegation.

Regardless of any announcements today, you would expect the players to have serious doubts about their future. Surely this mental part will have an influence on their game Sunday?

It's a pity that this is happening now and not last month before our back to back games.

Comment

Or spur them on more like the victims they have been portraying themselves!

Comment

Or each individual would like to increase his market value in this game,

Comment

They appear to be adequately funded. A written off loan is the same as a gift. Wray has seemingly cut his ties but his shares are now in a family trust, and it wouldn't surprise me if he still had control. If they continued to break the salary cap this season (as is claimed) their cashflow was adequate too.

They appear to have made little or no effort to comply. No offloading players or reducing payments. That is essentially 2 fingers to the league. Arrogance in spades.

The entire organisation is poison at this point. Relegate them now or wind them up and start again cleanly.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

An interesting development.......

https://twitter.com/willgkelleher/st...196%26page%3D6
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Was listening to Andy Goode on The Rugby Pod last week and he was saying, Wray said he will fully support them as long he is there but he is actively trying to sell the club,

That Pod also mentioned earlier in the year that players on their books but who have not played are not included in the cap so the likes of Liam Williams won't count as a player and he won't play for them this season as a result even when fit, (he'd be better off jumping ship now),

How many others on a decent wedge have not played this year?, If what they say about only those who play count to the cap is correct - they have reduced their wage bill.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
                              Was listening to Andy Goode on The Rugby Pod last week and he was saying, Wray said he will fully support them as long he is there but he is actively trying to sell the club,

That Pod also mentioned earlier in the year that players on their books but who have not played are not included in the cap so the likes of Liam Williams won't count as a player and he won't play for them this season as a result even when fit, (he'd be better off jumping ship now),

How many others on a decent wedge have not played this year?, If what they say about only those who play count to the cap is correct - they have reduced their wage bill.
                              True but I doubt this is enough.

Wrath was also saying that they where 600k over the 7.2 cap but I'm pretty sure that it's higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                                Or each individual would like to increase his market value in this game,
                                But where can they go to immediately? Everyone else is, presumably, spent up.

Comment

Working...
                                X