HEC R4) Saracens v Munster @ Allianz Park, BT/beIN, Saturday, 3PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reggie P View Post

Disagree, as a professional rugby player there is also an onus on Jamie George to not over react, which he did. Irrelevant who he was sledged by and he as I understood was the player who kicked a ball towards the medic treating a player which sparked the remark from the medic in the first place . No sanction/warning for that either. The medic apologised after the game for his remark ,should have ended there ,no investigation needed. However if you are going to investigate don`t have a one eyed investigation look at all the parties involved and as you said warn George about his actions/behaviour, at the very least.
    George over reacted but not worthy of a punishment and trying to claim bias in system for him not getting a punishment is ridiculous. There is big difference in who said what as players are very different to non players. The medic did apologise but that doesnt mean he shouldn't receive a punishment of some kind. Players sledge each other all the time. That isnt a problem unless it crosses line in terms of racist abuse etc. He shouldn't get ban for what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorkexile View Post
      Are you a Saracens fan in disguise? I was there and saw it live, Jamie George started the incident and was clearly at fault, where does it say you can boot a ball at a medic tending to a injured player intentionally and not get sanctioned?
      No I'm not.

2 facts:-

1/. George wasn't penalised.
      2/. The Doc. apologised - That means he acknowleged he was in the wrong, and indeed he was.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

The Doctor was not penalised at the time of the incident either! It was subject to investigation by authorities who should have looked at the cause and sanctioned George. The same as they shud have done with Itoje for shoulder to the head on Haley clear out and Skeltons gouge to Earls eye! Don’t let the word fact get in the way of fairness and sportsmanship.

Comment

I hear what you say about the Doctor apologising for his words, it takes guts to apologise something that George has more than others but still no apology for starting the altercation! Well done Doc

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
            George over reacted but not worthy of a punishment and trying to claim bias in system for him not getting a punishment is ridiculous. There is big difference in who said what as players are very different to non players. The medic did apologise but that doesnt mean he shouldn't receive a punishment of some kind. Players sledge each other all the time. That isnt a problem unless it crosses line in terms of racist abuse etc. He shouldn't get ban for what he did.
            George was front centre and back of this whole thing and yet has got away scot free,that just looks like a very one sided decision.

Comment

George was front centre and back of this whole thing and yet has got away scot free,that just looks like a very one sided decision.
              not one sided decision and the doc shouldn't have reacted but fact it was a comment from a medic and not a player makes it worse. It's not that long ago medics didnt come onto pitch much at all. It's not one sided at all.
              Players push shove regularly and it isnt a problem. But when a non player initiates things it's very different.

Comment

What prompted the comment was George kicking the ball at him and a player he was treating.
                Being a doctor doesn`t make him a saint but yes he shouldn`t have said it and apologised, even the Pope has his bad days.
                But no blame to George, is for me anyway just mystifying ??

Comment

The powers that be were correct in fining the doctor for his actions. Rugby is seeing the ugly behaviors of football players, fans, etc. creep into the game. Look at the amount of backchat the refs get these days. Barnes was about to start binning players last week for constantly mouthing off and screaming for penalties. Luke Pearce was about to lose his mind a few weeks ago working the La Rochelle - Glasgow match b/c it was a constant stream of comments from both sides. The trend has gotten out of hand. Yeah it was a heated game, but these guys need to control themselves and let the ref call the game. A support staff member cannot get involved in something like the Munster doc did. If he was tending to an injured player and George had run into them or something of that sort, then yeah, I can see it, but for kicking the ball away ? They were going to come down on him no matter how minor it seems and despite the quick apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post
                    The powers that be were correct in fining the doctor for his actions. Rugby is seeing the ugly behaviors of football players, fans, etc. creep into the game. Look at the amount of backchat the refs get these days. Barnes was about to start binning players last week for constantly mouthing off and screaming for penalties. Luke Pearce was about to lose his mind a few weeks ago working the La Rochelle - Glasgow match b/c it was a constant stream of comments from both sides. The trend has gotten out of hand. Yeah it was a heated game, but these guys need to control themselves and let the ref call the game. A support staff member cannot get involved in something like the Munster doc did. If he was tending to an injured player and George had run into them or something of that sort, then yeah, I can see it, but for kicking the ball away ? They were going to come down on him no matter how minor it seems and despite the quick apology.
                    A dimension of this that hasn’t, I think, been discussed is that he was working, in his professional role, as a medical doctor. Abusing people you encounter in your professional role isn’t consistent with medical practice- irrespective of the provocation.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

A dimension of this that hasn’t, I think, been discussed is that he was working, in his professional role, as a medical doctor. Abusing people you encounter in your professional role isn’t consistent with medical practice- irrespective of the provocation.
                      It has got to be a bit strange being an on field doctor b/c there is no way you don't get emotionally invested in the players you treat and end up cheering them on to do well. Van Graan must have been pretty livid with him, b/c of all the people to end up kicking off a bit of handbags, the team doctor is probably the last one you'd worry about.

Comment

What prompted the comment was George kicking the ball at him and a player he was treating.
                        Being a doctor doesn`t make him a saint but yes he shouldn`t have said it and apologised, even the Pope has his bad days.
                        But no blame to George, is for me anyway just mystifying ??
                        If you're going to criticise him at least get it right, he didn't kick the ball at the doctor, admittedly he kicked it in to the back of a Munster player's legs and it bounced towards the doctor who was on the touchline on his own, not treating anyone. But don't let the facts in the way of a good story, eh ;)
                        Here's a video of it to refresh your memories: https://youtu.be/B0wW0GKq2aQ?t=166

Comment

Originally posted by SarrieFan View Post

If you're going to criticise him at least get it right, he didn't kick the ball at the doctor, admittedly he kicked it in to the back of a Munster player's legs and it bounced towards the doctor who was on the touchline on his own, not treating anyone. But don't let the facts in the way of a good story, eh ;)
                          Here's a video of it to refresh your memories: https://youtu.be/B0wW0GKq2aQ?t=166
                          You're dead right.

p.s. JJ missing that penalty cost us too.

Comment

Your definitely a closet saracens fan

Comment

I suppose you didn’t see George shouting and pointing his fat finger at the doctor either, fact! I don’t need a you tube video to remind me wot happened, I was there!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorkexile View Post
                                I suppose you didn’t see George shouting and pointing his fat finger at the doctor either, fact! I don’t need a you tube video to remind me wot happened, I was there!
                                Cause and effect.

Had the Doc. stayed schtum there would have been no issue. The entire thing was his fault.

Where exactly you were is unimportant.

p.s. I hate Sarries as much as most people.

Comment

Working...
                                X