HEC R4) Saracens v Munster @ Allianz Park, BT/beIN, Saturday, 3PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Fair comment- but the Tv evidence seems to me - particularly Skeltons face contact- looks damning, and it’s hard to believe he wasn’t cited for it, if Munster raised it.
    Well he wasn't. I've no idea why not.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

That was a nothing.

Once again there can be no excuse.
      And you seem to believe his subsequent apology was insufficient. What would you deem an adequate penance? Or is it unforgivable?

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

And you seem to believe his subsequent apology was insufficient. What would you deem an adequate penance? Or is it unforgivable?
        We'll his words were offensive. They caused a big brawl too.

It's not up to me to deem anything but I think a short spell away from the sideline might give the Dr. an opportunity to reflect and learn to keep quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

We'll his words were offensive. They caused a big brawl too.

It's not up to me to deem anything but I think a short spell away from the sideline might give the Dr. an opportunity to reflect and learn to keep quiet.
          It’s a stretch to say his words caused a brawl. Jamie George over reacted, and it wasn’t a brawl since there wasn’t a single punch thrown.

You’re worse than Mark McCall for turning mole hills into mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

It’s a stretch to say his words caused a brawl. Jamie George over reacted, and it wasn’t a brawl since there wasn’t a single punch thrown.

You’re worse than Mark McCall for turning mole hills into mountains.
            It's not. Without those words nothing would have kicked off. It was described as a brawl in several reports.

The fault here once again lies with our medic. Had he had the cop on to keep his mouth shut we wouldn't be having this discussion.

p.s. An investigation by ERCC confirms the incident wasn't a mole hill, regardless of any apology made.

Comment

Saracens are snowflakes and so are some of the posters here.
              It was just bants
              Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
                Saracens are snowflakes and so are some of the posters here.
                It was just bants
                It was- and between players no problem inevitably lots of give and take, but inappropriate between support staff and opposition. Can you imagine the furore if an opposition player was to sledge a water carrier, or physio- or would you find that acceptable too?

Comment

Look, if Jamie George had continued to walk away after the comments, it would be long forgotten. It was JG's decision to turn around and come back to the situation that incited the handbags. But of course, as its Munster, its all our fault.
                  There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes you know he\'s crooked.
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by spanish red View Post
                    Look, if Jamie George had continued to walk away after the comments, it would be long forgotten. It was JG's decision to turn around and come back to the situation that incited the handbags. But of course, as its Munster, its all our fault.
                    If there had been nothing to react to his reaction would be irrelevant. I suspect there was no malicious intent, on either side, and an apology and handshake should have been enough- with our man being reminded later, internally without fuss, where the lines are that should not be crossed. Saracens pursuing this was just silly, the honourable thing to do was to accept the apology and move on- but we were foolish to give them the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

If there had been nothing to react to his reaction would be irrelevant. I suspect there was no malicious intent, on either side, and an apology and handshake should have been enough- with our man being reminded later, internally without fuss, where the lines are that should not be crossed. Saracens pursuing this was just silly, the honourable thing to do was to accept the apology and move on- but we were foolish to give them the opportunity.
                      Exactly right. And at the end of the day, nobody got a dig, nobody was carded, and JJ didn’t even kick the penalty. All a load of nonsense.

Comment

Sarries trying to focus on something else that's why they jumped at this opportunity. They lost today to Exeter. I lack any sympathy for them.

Comment

Irish Times reporting Dr. Jamie Kearns will serve a 3 week touch line ban.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                            Irish Times reporting Dr. Jamie Kearns will serve a 3 week touch line ban.
                            Rob, I read it that he got a 2k fine payable now and a 3 week ban which has been suspended for 12 months ie if he doesn't get in trouble again in the 12 months the ban doesn't come into effect.

Agree that the wording on it was very confusing.

\"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post

Rob, I read it that he got a 2k fine payable now and a 3 week ban which has been suspended for 12 months ie if he doesn't get in trouble again in the 12 months the ban doesn't come into effect.

Agree that the wording on it was very confusing.

You are correct. I should read a bit more than the headlines. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Where is the sanction against Jamie George the player who began it all ???
                                Totally one sided, joke of a decision.
                                Independent disciplinary committee ,I think not.

Comment

Working...
                                X