HEC R4) Saracens v Munster @ Allianz Park, BT/beIN, Saturday, 3PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEC R4) Saracens v Munster @ Allianz Park, BT/beIN, Saturday, 3PM

Genuinely dont see why Munster cannot put it up to this team of superstars on a carpet pitch.

A dry day and quick ball and anything is possible.

Could be an enormous scalp to claim.

Belief.
    I am the million man.

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Genuinely dont see why Munster cannot put it up to this team of superstars on a carpet pitch.

A dry day and quick ball and anything is possible.

Could be an enormous scalp to claim.

Belief.
    In fairness I can see a good few reasons why Munster cannot do it but Munster are never better than when aiming for the impossible so here's hoping.
    In case anybody asks for me, I'll be behind the sofa.
    Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Just thought before the weather kicked in that Munster were finding gaps and line breaks. It would be a huge upset but Munster will, hopefully, ask questions of the Sarries side they haven't before.
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Just thought before the weather kicked in that Munster were finding gaps and line breaks. It would be a huge upset but Munster will, hopefully, ask questions of the Sarries side they haven't before.
        Yep, and that was with a gale blowing from behind the lads, which made throwing long passes tricky. A dry calm day on that 3G surface could make it interesting. Not that Sarries won’t be dangerous too, but the right conditions will allow us to avoid a dogfight with their big pack.

I fancy our chances against Racing too. Think playing in the boite will suit us.

Comment

Well in Good Munster tradition we are due a Rabbit out of the hat result.Would be great if it was next weekend

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Can’t see anything but a home win with no losing BP for us. Sarries at home, fullish team out, we’ll be hanging on by our fingernails
            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

My thoughts on last night's game and looking ahead to Allianz Park.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...st-969179.html

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

\"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post

Very good read, very articulate for a front row in fairness ;)

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post

”There are very few rugby teams in the world for whom a defeat of the current champions would result in negative media coverage but Munster’s past performances in Europe and the expectations of fans and media alike means this is the reality that Johann van Graan and his squad face.”

Yes!

When was the last time Saracens were held to 3?

I went back 5 years and gave up then.

Comment

Peter emphasised the quality of our defence post-match
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Played out a dogfight in a storm yesterday. The team that can bring in fresh legs will have a big advantage next weekend. Big advantage Saracens.

Conor Murray is coming in for big criticism for being too slow yesterday. Was it possible he was deliberately slowing it down in the second half given the conditions? He bullied the Saracens replacement 9. His box kicking was poor but it wasn’t a night where you could put height on it as it was as likely to blow back over your head. His experience and defensive strength will be critical next week and, while he has been poor, I have a feeling he is slowly playing his way back into form. (Not that it will save him being blamed by Leinster fans for Ireland’s World Cup showing!). Stick with him and let’s get behind him. Next week may be the one where he stamps his class back on proceedings. And if it’s not, it’s not like we can be sure enough right now that anyone else will that it’s worth risking it.

I’d happily take a 4-1 next weekend. They’re the European Champions for a reason! We’re underpowered up front and still trying to work on making the offloads count. Offloading behind the gain line is more entertaining to watch than up the jumper but also more risky than up the jumper if you aren’t getting over the gain line. Yesterday we were making yards at times in the first half and shuffling sideways most of the rest of the time. If Saracens are allowed to live offside again I’d worry about them doing big damage from turnovers next week. But because we are underpowered we have to persist. And we’re due a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Late try View Post

”There are very few rugby teams in the world for whom a defeat of the current champions would result in negative media coverage but Munster’s past performances in Europe and the expectations of fans and media alike means this is the reality that Johann van Graan and his squad face.”

Yes!

Was looking at some stats late last night when writing the article and the last time Munster conceded the try bonus point in the pool stages was January 2007. Nearly 13 years since Munster have conceded 4 tries in a European pool game.

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by Late try View Post

Yes!

Beat the champions and remain undefeated in the competition this season.

Comment

It ain't over till the fat lady sings....our game is evolving and during g yesterdays match I was impressed at the handling.
                            I know it didnt all go well but the conditions were terrible,not so long ago we would have been dropping balls miss passes etc.On the whole it was good with a slippery ball.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              It ain't over till the fat lady sings....our game is evolving and during g yesterdays match I was impressed at the handling.
                              I know it didnt all go well but the conditions were terrible,not so long ago we would have been dropping balls miss passes etc.On the whole it was good with a slippery ball.

I agree. I was impressed with the ambition of our attack in the first half and our version of the Alamo in the second.

I was disappointed at the end of the game but the further away it gets the more I'm left thinking how so much if what we did was really impressive.

If we had the benefit of those second half conditions - which almost made the game a lottery - in Barnet and weren't able to score you'd be really disappointed.

​​​​​​A 4-1 loss giving us a losing bonus point would be a great result next week. It would mean a knockout game in the fast and covered pitch of the U Arena.
                              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X