The Alby Mathewson Appreciation Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Alby Mathewson Appreciation Society

If ever a ‘short-term emergency signing’ proved his worth, it’s this lad. What a contribution, what a player.

So long and thank you, Alby. We wish you could stay and we wish you the best.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/11/...son-interview/

Agree to all that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

I'm in.
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Spot on. We’ll miss you Alby boy
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

So glad this thread has been started- there can be few players we’ve imported who have made such a huge impact on the field, on the touch line, and apparently in training and with the squad socially- in such a short time. Really sorry we couldn’t keep you Alby- you brought an energy to the 9 shirt we haven’t seen Strings, and fastened into the camaraderie that is Munster rugby.

Comment

Any word on his next port? All the Irish provinces are stacked at 9.

i get the feeling we might be seeing him against us at some stage

Comment

Loved the energy enthusiasm and skill ,sorry to see you go ,you raised the bar and thats all we ever want

Comment

Sorry to see him leave. Good player, better than Murray on current form.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Deccie is thinking of bringing him in to cover Phipps' inevitable suspensions?
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Thanks for a great contribution. You'll always be remembered fondly in Munster
                    There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes you know he\'s crooked.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

Alby seemed to really enjoy playing for us ,he really got it. Always a great energy about his play and his decisions were always sound. He would be a great signing for any club.Good luck and safe travels.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Not this year, he's Cup-tied.

Comment

Yes, I am definitely one of the Alby appreciators and I was saying in the MRSC bar last night more or less the same as what somebody else posted in another thread on here today, that he's much underrated but that his positive impact on younger players and the way he embraced Munster was up there with someone like Howlett, Tipoki et al. He played against us in the 2008 New Zealand game, he played against us in 2018 for Toulon in the quarter final when Conway scored his wonder try and finally he came to play FOR us as short-term injury cover. There's a bit of a completing the circle thing going on there.

Rules is rules, yadda yadda yadda but I'm hugely sorry he's going. Nick McCarthy has big boots to fill. I really hope he gets a proper longer-term contract somewhere now so that he can be reunited with his family. Whichever side picks him up will be lucky to have him and their gain will be our loss.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

A great signing, pity he couldn't stay thru the entire season, but I get why he could not. Somebody will snap him up,hopefully he doesn't show up on a opposing side. That NFL style pass was the stuff memories are made of.

Comment

Big fan of Alby and it’s a pity he has to leave. You always knew he would bring quality either coming on as a sub or starting. Hopefully he’ll have influenced the likes of Casey and McCarthy with his model professionalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X