VanLarkTreeBall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
    Agree with the others- thank you OTHP. One thing I noticed early in Saturday's game was that POM was carrying (more it seemed to me at least than previously), close to but not into potential contact. His handling/offloading wasnt always perfect, but it seemed to me a new element of of his game, and of course, squarely behind the more mobile ball moving forward that Larkham wants to see.If it is new, then given how hard POM works, we'll see this more often and working more effectively.
    That's true. Also KOB was doing a new (I think it was new anyway) latch-on to the ball-carrier in closing-in drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
      I felt we really struggled in the pack on Saturday. Hindsight being 20/20, Loughman and JOD are too lightweight for a monster Top14 pack. Horses for courses. I think the experimentation of JOD at 7 must reach an end, and i'm not convinced we should pick him for Europe until he is dominating Pro14 games on a regular basis. There is still time for him at 25, but he seems to be lacking the bite/ballast, whatever it is to impose himself on these kind of games. I think Wycherley showed that he is not found lacking at this level and I hope we continue to see him bench, if not start.
      Sorry but really dont buy this JOD and monster french pack stuff, hes 6'3, 110kg 17st 2lbs, that makes him bigger than 2 of the Racing back rowers. JOD is a fine player who has matured physically, they need to stop picking him at 7 for his own sake.

Beirne, like JOD, has been underutilised by Munster in terms of ball playing, I would hope that both blossom under Larkham, I thought POM was noticeably offloading at the weekend.
      \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Great article I thought on Larkham's influence in Munster so far... delighted he's made the impact he has, excited by the potential of what's to come and happy he seems so popular in the squad

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/12/1...et-at-munster/

Comment

Thanks for posting KW
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

On the 42's most recent rugby podcast (title is 'Why Carbery's injury is especially sh**ty,Van Graan facing pressure, and the makings of Leinster') Andy Dunne, who I feel has been the best overall Irish Rugby pundit over the last 2 years, spoke very well about his expecting that Munster my not change too much in the coming 2 months or so but expects that by the end of next season Munster will likely by a considerable force.

With the doomsday clock in the red for the last few weeks it's good to hear a pundit not throwing fuel on the fire to generate clicks. Instead they speak plainly and rationally about the current scenario and trajectory. There were no claims that everything is perfect, but a good realisation of the challenges of this season for Munster, the reality of the role luck plays for all teams and an optimistic eye on the future from some of the better public speakers on the subject

Comment

Keith Earls doesn't step into the media too often and really doesn't seem like the type of guy to looking for attention - to see him come out and defend the team, coaches and goals while being honest about the Christmas performances (admitting embarassment is not pleasant for anyone) is refreshing and encouraging to see.

https://www.the42.ie/keith-earls-mun...66181-Jan2020/

Any time a team wobbles more than a game or two there is claims of disquiet in the camp, confusion, mutiny etc. I've never been part of a professional sports organisation but if every other organisation I've been part of (professional and not) is anything to go by, there is always dissatisfied people (often those who just aren't good enough but cannot see/admit it) willing to moan. In turbulent times, those unhappy people are more likely to have their voices heard. I don't totally buy in to the what the 'unhappy team' rumours mean and I'm glad to see Keith Earls biting back.

Sheesh - here I am defending the team's coaching and trajectory when I have been so despondent about it for the last two years.

Comment

Largely Welsh podcast but they discuss Munster from minute 53 up to 61 or so. Sean Holley and Paul Williams ‘Under the Sticks’

https://omny.fm/shows/under-the-stic...-location-euro
                Last edited by Waterfordlad; 28-January-2020, 18:07.
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

"You're either served up with big hands and a head like a bucket or you're not".
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                    "You're either served up with big hands and a head like a bucket or you're not".
                    I loved that. Earlier in the podcast Holley talks about what it was like going to Thomond in the 2008 era “you knew what you were going to get from Quinnie, Axel, Wally, Paulie etc”

Comment

Working...
                    X