Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heineken R1) Ospreys v Us (Munster) in LibertyStad - BT/beIN - Saturday - 17:30KO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Horse
    replied
    Handbags. There's been sneakier and more harmful things done to our players over the years

Leave a comment:

• mickiemcfist
    replied
    Originally posted by Dougie View Post
    Gooood......let the bitterness consume you :)

Leave a comment:

• Dougie
    replied
    Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
    I thought the tbp chance was gone live, but it was cleverly worked by Munster at the death.

p.s. What was C.J. doing immediately after the try was scored?
    Getting some payback. https://twitter.com/threeredkings/st...641404422?s=19

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    I thought the tbp chance was gone live, but it was cleverly worked by Munster at the death.

p.s. What was C.J. doing immediately after the try was scored?

Leave a comment:

• kahalui
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lonstonitis
    replied
    Don't think Alby was going for the tap but more rushing to the spot of the penalty in case the quick tap was on. Cronin shouted at him not to and Alby had a little bite back but they were laughing before they even turned around.

Leave a comment:

• RED 49
    replied
    Originally posted by Sketchy View Post

Fair play to him. Class player. Great hands for a prop and, when not recovering from injury, the best scrummaging LH in Ireland
    Needs a good run of being injury free.
    That allied to strength conditioning and scrum work should see him finally deliver on promise he has .
    one thing he needs to work on is discipline as I think its lacking sometimes but that could be down to overtrying to grasp opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Originally posted by deltared View Post

Thats exactly what happened. Cronin stopped Alby from taking the quick tap, there was none else anticipating it. Instead we went down the line and we came up trumps. Cronin was proven right.
    Fair play to him. Class player. Great hands for a prop and, when not recovering from injury, the best scrummaging LH in Ireland

Leave a comment:

• deltared
    replied
    Anyone see a replay of the disagreement between Alby and Cronin when we won the turnover penalty at the death? Was Alby going for a quick tap, and Cronin pulled him back or what happened?
    Thats exactly what happened. Cronin stopped Alby from taking the quick tap, there was none else anticipating it. Instead we went down the line and we came up trumps. Cronin was proven right.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Anyone see a replay of the disagreement between Alby and Cronin when we won the turnover penalty at the death? Was Alby going for a quick tap, and Cronin pulled him back or what happened?

Leave a comment:

• mr chips
    replied
    Fair play, big of you to say so.

Leave a comment:

• Crua
    replied
    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Crua / Biglad,

It's far more convenient for me to just delete posts and sinbin the posters than it is to go through and edit out the puerile insults. Hopefully this is all the warning ye need - drop it now please or you'll both be gone for a fortnight. Try and just enjoy the away BP win instead.
    Apologies Mr Chips. I was out of order. It won't happen again.
    Last edited by Crua; 18-November-2019, 13:07.

Leave a comment:

• Sketchy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    There was maturity and experience on show from minutes 78 to the finish, not taking the quick tap, banging a good ball into touch, winning another pen and banging that right into the corner and a great tight maul over the line.

Selection arguments aside, that 15 lads knew the script and didnt panic, just went into their moves and got it done.

We've seen them hammer away inside opposition 22 for dozens of phases in previous years, but saturday evening in that 6 mins their efficiency was excellent.
    That 6 minutes was a joy to behold.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    There was maturity and experience on show from minutes 78 to the finish, not taking the quick tap, banging a good ball into touch, winning another pen and banging that right into the corner and a great tight maul over the line.

Selection arguments aside, that 15 lads knew the script and didnt panic, just went into their moves and got it done.

We've seen them hammer away inside opposition 22 for dozens of phases in previous years, but saturday evening in that 6 mins their efficiency was excellent.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied

Good post.

My biggest fear is that we lose some quality homegrown talent to other clubs. Take the Fitzgerald brothers and Bill johnson for example. I'm not convinced we tested these guys properly to see if they could handle the next step up. They seem to have kicked on with other clubs which is great for them if they do, but we would all hate to see it come at Munster's expense. We are now in a unique position where the potential we have in our academy surpasses that of recent memory. If Fineen or Daly can break into the 23 without having to wait forever, it sends a great message to the next wave coming through that if you show you can handle it, you will be rewarded and given a chance early on.

I was encouraged this morning though, when I read that Daly, Wycherley, JOD and Healy were all brought to Swansea with the squad for the occasion. It will be interesting to see the 23 for next week
    I think it is great to see lads we developed doing well elsewhere- between those who have gone to game time elsewhere and those on our books we have far more quality lads coming through then a few years ago when the Academy seemed far weaker- if this is the result of putting things right (rather than an odd demographic spike) well done to all concerned. It does give us a problem though- as you point out- how do we give them the game time that will enable them to get to the next level (or convince us they should be kept). Play AIL is ok, but they are not playing together, or the type of style we want them to become natural with. Cutting our senior squad- happened last year and imagine we will see more this year- is not enough, we need a competitive A/u23 competition, that we really prioritise (unless that damages the senior squad- but it surely does not need to).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X