Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heineken R1) Ospreys v Us (Munster) in LibertyStad - BT/beIN - Saturday - 17:30KO

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

    Really do not want us to sign a cover for 10, assuming JJ/JC aren’t out too long - we pretty much have to de register JC to allow for Ben to be an option on the bench, makes sense with two Hcup matches coming up. We need to keep the new patterns going, rather than putting them on hold for a 10 coming in for a few weeks.
    Makes no sense to bring in a 10. Rory Scannell can also cover 10.

    Comment


      #32
      Or potentially Murray
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

      Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

      Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

      Comment


        #33
        Tis Cummiskey lads

        Clickety Click Click.


        Look at the form of Shane Daly, Dan Goggin, JJ this season as a starter, is it not fair to say if Ben Healy ended up standing outside Murr and inside Rory and BigChris the coaches and players wouldnt be able to steer him home?

        i'd have total faith in our setup and young players right now.

        Cumiskey is getting a 2fer from this: Incensed Leinster supporters and worried Munster supporters
        I am the million man.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

          Really do not want us to sign a cover for 10, assuming JJ/JC aren’t out too long - we pretty much have to de register JC to allow for Ben to be an option on the bench, makes sense with two Hcup matches coming up. We need to keep the new patterns going, rather than putting them on hold for a 10 coming in for a few weeks.
          It will all depend on JJ. If it's a bad hamstring injury he could be out for 6 to 8 weeks and he'll be deregistered. I agree that Healy should be brought in rather than a signing.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

            It will all depend on JJ. If it's a bad hamstring injury he could be out for 6 to 8 weeks and he'll be deregistered. I agree that Healy should be brought in rather than a signing.
            They were stretching his leg on the field, full raises, and he walked off unassisted, only slightly limping- given he’d also had a heavy tackle it’s hard to say what caused the ginger walking off- but it seems to me, is it was any sort of a serious hamstring they wouldn’t have tried to stretch it (maybe I’m just hoping!!).

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

              Really do not want us to sign a cover for 10, assuming JJ/JC aren’t out too long - we pretty much have to de register JC to allow for Ben to be an option on the bench, makes sense with two Hcup matches coming up. We need to keep the new patterns going, rather than putting them on hold for a 10 coming in for a few weeks.
              What new patterns?

              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

              Comment


                #37
                Munster Head Coach Johann van Graan has provided an update on JJ Hanrahan. JJ suffered no serious damage to his hamstring and has not been ruled out of #OSPvMUN with his progress to be monitored by the medical team.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Kolapol View Post
                  Munster Head Coach Johann van Graan has provided an update on JJ Hanrahan. JJ suffered no serious damage to his hamstring and has not been ruled out of #OSPvMUN with his progress to be monitored by the medical team.
                  That is good news. I still think he shouldn't play this weekend mainly because it isn't needed as we should win without him. Better give him the rest to make sure he's fit against Racing.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

                    What new patterns?
                    To me we are playing a lot more off 10 than we did, bringing in wings, and pulling the ball back behind those running these narrow lines in order to shift the ball out wide (eg look at the play leading up to Rory’s try)

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                      They were stretching his leg on the field, full raises, and he walked off unassisted, only slightly limping- given he’d also had a heavy tackle it’s hard to say what caused the ginger walking off- but it seems to me, is it was any sort of a serious hamstring they wouldn’t have tried to stretch it (maybe I’m just hoping!!).
                      Looks like he’s OK to play- phew. Whether we start him or not is another matter- but at least we now have the choice.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        That's great to read, thanks for posting.
                        Tis but a scratch.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Made my day! Thanks!
                          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

                            What new patterns?
                            These look new to me.
                            Munster Rugby Bobble Beanie Hat and matching Booties by StarBaby Knitwear at www.starbabyknitwear.com
                            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

                              That is good news. I still think he shouldn't play this weekend mainly because it isn't needed as we should win without him. Better give him the rest to make sure he's fit against Racing.
                              I agree, and I see some value in getting Scannell some time at 10 if the game goes Munster's way and they are controlling comfortably. You never know when he may have to jump in and cover in a tight spot due to in-game injuries. Not a bad thing to try and get him training time and game minutes

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

                                I agree, and I see some value in getting Scannell some time at 10 if the game goes Munster's way and they are controlling comfortably. You never know when he may have to jump in and cover in a tight spot due to in-game injuries. Not a bad thing to try and get him training time and game minutes
                                True and as we seem to be playing 6 forwards and 2 backs on the bench often the above scenario might be relevant.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X