Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heineken R1) Ospreys v Us (Munster) in LibertyStad - BT/beIN - Saturday - 17:30KO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
    Would be disappointing if JJ and Beirne are out but hopefully they will be back for the Racing game. Early week team prediction:
    Kilcoyne, Scannell, Ryan, Kleyn, Holland, POM, Cloete, Stander, Murray, TB, Earls, Scannell, Farrell, Conway, Haley.
    Cronin, O'Byrne, Archer, Wycherley, O'Donoghue, Mathewson, Goggin, Botha

Think R Scannell could act as outhalf cover (as risky as it is) rather than de-register somebody for B Healy. Seems to have preferred a 6-2 bench split too recently.
    Cummiskey suggesting Munster might sign Harry Byrne as a short term cover. I would be very much against that! If Byrne is considered then Healy should and would be rightly pissed off! Hopefully its Cummiskey up to his usual trolling.

You may be right with your second row pairing, but I really hope Wycherley starts. He is clearly up to the task, and is clearly on great form. Ospreys away from home is the perfect opportunity for him to show he can make the step up. I hate bringing Leinster into debates, but they are the standard bearer as provincial teams go, and they would not hold back a player as ready as he is

Comment

Just saw Killer strolling around The Crescent so fingers crossed he is OK

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post

You may be right with your second row pairing, but I really hope Wycherley starts. He is clearly up to the task, and is clearly on great form. Ospreys away from home is the perfect opportunity for him to show he can make the step up. I hate bringing Leinster into debates, but they are the standard bearer as provincial teams go, and they would not hold back a player as ready as he is
        Really hope Fineen gets game time, but I think his better mobility, compared with Kleyn and Billy, makes him a good choice to come on from the bench, same if true for Jacko, but neither will let us down. Any injury bulletin?

Comment

Kilcoyne and JJ out by the looks of it, no mention of Beirne.

Comment

Kilcoyne and JJ out by the looks of it, no mention of Beirne.
            Based on?

Comment

So suddenly we are without Carbery, JJ, Killer, Marshall, Sweetnam with doubts over Cloete and Beirne!?
              Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Squad Update | Munster Prepare For Champions Cup Action

11th November 2019 By The Editor

Academy man Jonathan Wren was one of 18 Munster players who featured in the All Ireland League at the weekend. M. Lee Media

The Munster squad returned to training at the High Performance Centre on Monday after Saturday night’s Guinness PRO14 win against Ulster.

The squad are preparing for two big weekends of Champions Cup rugby as the province kick off the European campaign away to Ospreys at the Liberty Stadium this Saturday at 5.30pm.

The following Saturday (November 23), Munster take on Racing 92 at Thomond Park with a 5.30pm kick-off. Buy tickets here.

On the injury front, Dave Kilcoyne sustained a calf injury in training last week and will undergo rehabilitation with the medical department.

JJ Hanrahan was removed from the weekend’s game with a suspected hamstring injury and will undergo a scan this evening to determine the extent of the injury.

Chris Cloete failed a HIA during the Ulster clash and will undergo the graded return to play protocols under the supervision of the medical department.

Alex Wootton and Craig Casey have returned to team training.

Continuing to rehab: Rhys Marshall (knee), Darren Sweetnam (hamstring), Joey Carbery (ankle), Ciaran Parker (calf).

Comment

Not too bad. We’ve the depth to cover those injuries, although we are a bit thin at OH. Still happy enough to have Tyler and Healy to face the Ospreys. I don’t really want another emergency signing.

Comment

Any chance we can get bill back for a, loan...
                    No...

Ok.. Thought I'd ask..
                    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Ospreys riddled with injuries and most of their rwc players not playing this weekend. We really should be winning this one.
                      Some interesting comments from their coach here:
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50378966
                      "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                      Will Greenwood

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                        Not too bad. We’ve the depth to cover those injuries, although we are a bit thin at OH. Still happy enough to have Tyler and Healy to face the Ospreys. I don’t really want another emergency signing.
                        But we won't have Healy as cover unless another player is deregistered. Healy isn't in the HEC Squad
                        "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

But we won't have Healy as cover unless another player is deregistered. Healy isn't in the HEC Squad
                          5 swap players are allowed this season due to the world cup, so Healy could be swapped in for Joey and swapped out again when Joey is fit, has to be done by Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                            Not too bad. We’ve the depth to cover those injuries, although we are a bit thin at OH. Still happy enough to have Tyler and Healy to face the Ospreys. I do. n’t really want another emergency signing.

I hear Eoghan Farrell might be available...

Comment

Would be disappointing if JJ and Beirne are out but hopefully they will be back for the Racing game. Early week team prediction:
                              Kilcoyne, Scannell, Ryan, Kleyn, Holland, POM, Cloete, Stander, Murray, TB, Earls, Scannell, Farrell, Conway, Haley.
                              Cronin, O'Byrne, Archer, Wycherley, O'Donoghue, Mathewson, Goggin, Botha

Think R Scannell could act as outhalf cover (as risky as it is) rather than de-register somebody for B Healy. Seems to have preferred a 6-2 bench split too recently.
                              Cummiskey suggesting Munster might sign Harry Byrne as a short term cover. I would be very much against that! If Byrne is considered then Healy should and would be rightly pissed off! Hopefully its Cummiskey up to his usual trolling.
                              That ‘article’ by Wummiskey was cringeworthy tripe; I half expected to see an attachment to it on Babblers Brook saying ‘Hey goys, did you see what Oi wrote today?’

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

That ‘article’ by Wummiskey was cringeworthy tripe; I half expected to see an attachment to it on Babblers Brook saying ‘Hey goys, did you see what Oi wrote today?’
                                Really do not want us to sign a cover for 10, assuming JJ/JC aren’t out too long - we pretty much have to de register JC to allow for Ben to be an option on the bench, makes sense with two Hcup matches coming up. We need to keep the new patterns going, rather than putting them on hold for a 10 coming in for a few weeks.
                                Last edited by jagawayagain; 12th-November-2019, 08:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X