No announcement yet.

De Allende to Munster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cynic would say they can’t join for a year to allow the South African World Cup portions of broccoli to wear off and not be detected.

Thankfully I’m not a cynic.

Comment

A savage player and he will come in handy but hardly a great signing from delivering & developing player for Ireland . I’d prefer if they got one from one of the other provinces
      When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Are these two lads better than the current first choice in their positions here and now?

Buying from above again at long last

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
          That's a brilliant signing. Lad is a beast.
          We often share the same opinion, but in this case, I do not agree. For having seen him often in the Super Rugby he is a ball digger, we call that a "coffre à ballon" (a ball chest), maybe even more than our friend Rob K..
          He won the WC, ok, but I think the Boks won it more thanx to their terrific defense and their forwards who appeared more Hulk like than the Hulks in white, and thanx two fantastic actions by Cheslin Kolbe and Lukhanyo Am (And I am even more enthousiast about Am's blind passto Mapimpi than about Kolbe's slalom between Farrell and the second defender...).
          I wish him the best with and for Munster naturally, but I am not sure he will make the Munster game a flaming offensive game.

The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
            A savage player and he will come in handy but hardly a great signing from delivering & developing player for Ireland . I’d prefer if they got one from one of the other provinces
            would rather 2 elite NIQs versus 4 international level quality (Cloete, Botha, Alby etc)

Comment

There are several teams in England and France who have double coverage of world class players for each position. That's what you need nowadays if you want to compete at the highest level in Europe. Also having a NIQ at a position doesn't mean that no one else gets a chance instead. And for R Scannell. He's a good player and is solid every time, but I've the feeling that he's just below that world class level and I'm not expecting him to reach that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SlurpySlurps View Post

would rather 2 elite NIQs versus 4 international level quality (Cloete, Botha, Alby etc)
                Cloete en Alby might have to go but it would be really nice to keep Botha.

Comment

Puzzled by the amount of South African players coming here, not to mention that we're also a conveyor belt for their coaches seemingly. But I do like the de Allende signing, and agree that Rory Scannell will have stiff competition.
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

One more thing. Where did we find the money to sign these? I don't expect both to come cheap. Did we find a sugar daddy or did we finally sold the naming rights of the stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                      One more thing. Where did we find the money to sign these? I don't expect both to come cheap. Did we find a sugar daddy or did we finally sold the naming rights of the stadium?
                      Credit union

Comment

Hmmm a 2 year contract starting next summer. That means he heads back to SA for the WC build up and in the mean time 1 or 2 of our current centers head off elsewhere in search of game time. I hope we do not lose any of our younger up and comer centers with this ‘2’ year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
                          Hmmm a 2 year contract starting next summer. That means he heads back to SA for the WC build up and in the mean time 1 or 2 of our current centers head off elsewhere in search of game time. I hope we do not lose any of our younger up and comer centers with this ‘2’ year deal.
                          Or....
                          our younger up and coming centers get to train and play along side a World Cup winner for two years and the club gets the services of a game changing world class
                          midfielder for two years.

but hey every silver lining.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Credit union
                            Works for Saracens....

Comment

A positive - the boys on babbling brook will lose their minds. This is a clear intent to win European Cup finals but hopefully players like Fineen and Dan Goggins (who I expect might play 13 with Chris Farrell at 12 where he looked very good for Ireland) don't lose out

Comment

wow! Incredible signings and exactly what we needed.

We need to be going all in on signing quality for the next few seasons to make the most of our core players being in their prime years. It's now or never for the likes of POM, Murray and Stander.

Comment

Working...
                                X