Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

Thanks Redcafe1.

If those guys are playing some part, I'm guessing all the other seven could play bigger parts?

No rush with the answer (but you do seem to know these things)!
    Ha- I tried reading between the Redcafe1 lines last week, and assumed Casey was on the bench. I didn’t realise the seat he was on wasn’t in Cardiff!!!

Comment

Hard to know what kind of team is going to play this week, probably a bit of a mixture. I'd like to see something like
      1 kilcoyne
      2 o'byrne
      3 Ryan 4 wycherley
      5 kleyn
      6 jod
      7 tod
      8 O'Sullivan
      9 McCarthy
      10 jj
      11 Daley
      12 goggin
      13 Farrell
      14 Conway
      15 Haley
      16 Cronin
      17 scannell
      18 loughman
      19 beirne
      20 Botha
      21 Casey
      22 bleyendall
      23 nash

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          There's a real human dimension to this press pass. Some things we quite never think about like Larkham's troubles adapting to the weather or more significantly Alby's tough situtation re his family not being able to join him since he has no view on his long-term future... makes you think really, they're humans first and foremost and imho we tend to forget that from time to time. Was moved by Alby's interview tbh.
          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by ephileth View Post

There's a real human dimension to this press pass. Some things we quite never think about like Larkham's troubles adapting to the weather or more significantly Alby's tough situtation re his family not being able to join him since he has no view on his long-term future... makes you think really, they're humans first and foremost and imho we tend to forget that from time to time. Was moved by Alby's interview tbh.
            Exact reasons I felt it worthy of sharing on here.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Even if Joey wanted to play- which is possible- you would wonder who Joe S was looking after by putting him on- and at what cost and to whom. Dreadful.
              Yes. Exactly what Schmidt did in Cardiff, in '17, keeping Murray on when he was obviously injured.
              ​​​​​​He hasn't reached his former heights since then.

Comment

Alby seems a thoughtful individual in the way he spoke about his family situation. His description of the style of play was interesting and while it might look off the cuff it seems to be the style they are now applying.. That was a a good interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Yes. Exactly what Schmidt did in Cardiff, in '17, keeping Murray on when he was obviously injured.
                  ​​​​​​He hasn't reached his former heights since then.
                  Yeah that was insane. i remember watching him try to pass the ball and it was either going low when he passed normally, or high when he tried to compensate near the end of the first half. He clearly wasn't right buy JS kept him on. As for Carbery and other selection decisions, imo, JS was acting like man afraid of shadows after the 6N beatings by England and Wales, and the warm up against England made it worse. Bringing a guy who just had some sort of procedure on his ankle was sheer lunacy, as was bringing Henshaw, but he did it b/c he was afraid of the alternatives. He hamstrung himself by having a 29 man squad fort he majority of the world cup and by doing nothing about the fact that he had far too many older players in his squad. When Murphy got hurt and they didn't bring anyone else out or it became clear that Carbery wasn't right during the Japan game yet he stayed, you had to wonder what was going thru Schmidt's head. They could and would have beaten Samoa with Tommy O'Donnell and Ross Byrne playing. They weren't beating NZ playing like they were and I doubt they would have beaten SA either. Now Carbery is injured for another month or more and one of Munster's most important players(Stander) has racked up a huge amount of minutes early in the season due to insanely poor squad management by a guy known for his meticulous planning. Wtf happened ?

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

Yeah that was insane. i remember watching him try to pass the ball and it was either going low when he passed normally, or high when he tried to compensate near the end of the first half. He clearly wasn't right buy JS kept him on. As for Carbery and other selection decisions, imo, JS was acting like man afraid of shadows after the 6N beatings by England and Wales, and the warm up against England made it worse. Bringing a guy who just had some sort of procedure on his ankle was sheer lunacy, as was bringing Henshaw, but he did it b/c he was afraid of the alternatives. He hamstrung himself by having a 29 man squad fort he majority of the world cup and by doing nothing about the fact that he had far too many older players in his squad. When Murphy got hurt and they didn't bring anyone else out or it became clear that Carbery wasn't right during the Japan game yet he stayed, you had to wonder what was going thru Schmidt's head. They could and would have beaten Samoa with Tommy O'Donnell and Ross Byrne playing. They weren't beating NZ playing like they were and I doubt they would have beaten SA either. Now Carbery is injured for another month or more and one of Munster's most important players(Stander) has racked up a huge amount of minutes early in the season due to insanely poor squad management by a guy known for his meticulous planning. Wtf happened ?
                    Carberry was brought along just like Retallick, Beard etc were bought by NZ/Wales as they were expected to be available later in the competition. Henshaw was fit going but got injured over there and was fit to play after a couple of weeks.
                    CJ played because Conan was injured and the Murphy got injured. If you brought TOD over for Murphy who would cover 8 afterwards?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                      Henshaw was fit going but got injured over there and was fit to play after a couple of weeks.

You talk so much ****e, Henshaw was reported injured on Sep14th, his first game was Oct 12th, “a couple of weeks!”
                      \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Carberry was brought along just like Retallick, Beard etc were bought by NZ/Wales as they were expected to be available later in the competition. Henshaw was fit going but got injured over there and was fit to play after a couple of weeks.
                        CJ played because Conan was injured and the Murphy got injured. If you brought TOD over for Murphy who would cover 8 afterwards?

Retallick didn't need surgery from a shoulder dislocation in July and Beard had his appendix taken out. Totally different than bringing a guy who had ankle surgery in mid August. Carbery clearly wasn't right against Japan and should have been dropped. Now he needs to rehab for almost 2 more months. Awesome. Henshaw seems to be perennially injured; Ruddock was the cover against NZ. Had Stander gone off injured early, he was the replacement in the matchday 23. Murphy wasn't on the bench b/c, oh yeah, he was injured yet kept around for some unknown reason. He played a grand total of 26 minutes yet stayed around while being too injured to play against Samoa in a game where JVF and Cj could have used a rest week. The squad management was awful from start to finish.
                        Last edited by Finnegan79; 8th-November-2019, 00:56.

Comment

All of the guys Joe took a gamble on never managed to deliver. He made some bad bets on the men he was comfortable with, and he made them because he was afraid of using the alternatives. He was afraid of using the alternatives because he is a risk-averse control freak who struggles to adapt when things don’t go to plan. Happened at the last RWC, happened at this one.

He’s an excellent technical coach but that flaw is what separates him from the top tier.

Comment

IJWT still fellating a dead horse I see.

Comment

Carberry was bought with that expectation yes, however he was never fit enough to be on the bench in NZ game. To compound it he was bought on at 29-nil and did not get any more injured than he was during that time on the pitch. He then returns to Munster and is out for the foreseeable future. I am sure the Irish medics did not get it wrong and therefore desperation from Joe was reason he played.

Comment

All going well the team will be announced and the joe shyte can be put to bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X