P14 R6) Us V Ulster - TP - Saturday @ 5.15 - Eir and Premiersports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

That’s pretty stark for guys who’ve been doing well over the past few weeks.
    It’s only somebody’s guess. Reality could be entirely different.

For me, the fringe players who have really put their hands up in recent games are:

KOB
    Fineen
    JOD
    Goggin
    Daly

I can see all of them getting opportunities in the European Cup.

O’Byrne could well keep his starting place, and Daly too if Keet isn’t fully right. Goggin may start at 13 if Farrell is picked at 12. Fineen and JOD could both be on the bench.

Comment

Hard to argue with any of those. That said, if Earls and Conway are both fit (is there a question mark over Earls?) then Daly would probably lose out purely in terms of inexperience.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Yeah, Daly definitely doesn't get in ahead of Earls or Conway, he's played well in early season Pro14 against mediocre opposition, that doesn't warrant him starting European stuff for me (yet, I think his time will come)
        Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

It’s only somebody’s guess. Reality could be entirely different.

For me, the fringe players who have really put their hands up in recent games are:

KOB
          Fineen
          JOD
          Goggin
          Daly

I can see all of them getting opportunities in the European Cup.

O’Byrne could well keep his starting place, and Daly too if Keet isn’t fully right. Goggin may start at 13 if Farrell is picked at 12. Fineen and JOD could both be on the bench.
          Goggin and Farrell IMO, was out best center partnership last season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Goggin start in Europe. I expect the last weeks rested players (Haley, Holland, Marshall, Cronin, TOD) to come back in though along with the internationals who didn't get much game time at the RWC, so I wouldn't expect to see KOB or Wycherley starting. The other 3 have a good chance though.

I'd be expecting something along the lines of:-

Cronin, Marshall, Ryan, Beirne, Kleyn, JOD, Botha, TOD

McCarthy, Tyler, Daly, Farrell, Goggin, Conway, Haley.

With a bench of Killer, Scannell, Archer, Holland, Wycherley, Mathewson, JJ, Sweetnam.

I'd not be surprised to see Murray, Earls, POM or Stander be held back for another week as they played the most minutes in Japan.

Comment

Felix Jones at training today by the looks....

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
              Go on.....?

Comment

No, he wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by Develd View Post

No, he wasn't
                  Photo up on Inpho.ie website.

Comment

Photo up on Inpho.ie website.
                    If you think that’s Felix Jones in the picture you need to hit specsavers , they obviously put the wrong name on the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

If you think that’s Felix Jones in the picture you need to hit specsavers , they obviously put the wrong name on the pic.
                      Haha I do need specsavers - did think he wld still be celebrating with the SA boys - with the recent unconfirmed signings u cld only hope....

Comment

From JVG at the Euro launch. https://www.offtheball.com/sport/joe...ons-cup-922027

"Great to see everybody. Some of them will be involved this weekend, and some in only come back next week. Joey specifically will be out for a few weeks.
                        it looks like I'm right about the likes of Earls, Murray, POM and Stander not being back until the Ospreys game. Carbery out for at least three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                          From JVG at the Euro launch. https://www.offtheball.com/sport/joe...ons-cup-922027

it looks like I'm right about the likes of Earls, Murray, POM and Stander not being back until the Ospreys game. Carbery out for at least three weeks.
                          If Joey has been nursing this through the RWC, A’s has been suggested, then I don’t want him back until he’s absolutely right.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1

I think most of these will play some part Saturday.
                            I should hope so... they haven´t played much rugby in the last 7 weeks... and they haven´t played any good rugby since the 22nd of september...
                            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I think most of these will play some part Saturday.
                              Thanks Redcafe1.

If those guys are playing some part, I'm guessing all the other seven could play bigger parts?

No rush with the answer (but you do seem to know these things)!

Comment

Joe S putting on Joey C with 20 mins to go against NZ was simply reckless and unnecessary given he clearly was not 100% fit. He should never have been selected for that game but I understand why he was, but to later compound it by bringing him on with score at 29-0 was disgraceful.
                                Even if Joey wanted to play- which is possible- you would wonder who Joe S was looking after by putting him on- and at what cost and to whom. Dreadful.

Comment

Working...
                                X