P14 R6) Us V Ulster - TP - Saturday @ 5.15 - Eir and Premiersports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
    if it was that simple then why do refs at all levels not do it? It's the same with tackle/ruck. If not material. Dont penalise.
    It was pretty annoying when nearly all of the offsides were let go last night.

Edit; Jordi was called for offside early in the match
    Last edited by FORWARD....; 11th-November-2019, 18:33.
    "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      Perhaps in the amateur game but these pros cover a lot more ground a lot quicker IMO

Ping them off the field, if the call is a joke then let the much vaunted TMO interject
      For the intercept by McCloskey from Tylers pass the pass before from Murray to Tyler he was a mile offside which is why he was so quickly up and in position to intercept Tylers pass.
      You couldn't really tell from the TV coverage but being at the match it was clear as ****ing day, yet the officials ignored it.
      Life is good

Comment

Just got to watch it. Not surprised at the comments here about Murphy - a shocking performance. He let so much go where Ulster were concerned while
        pinging Munster for everything. Three legitimate steals (Cronin, Cloete and CJ) not given and two of them penalised. A terrible ref.

And OL, the policing of the offside line is what enables teams to play rugby. Offside defenders stop teams going wide. It’s always material because it directly influences how teams play.

If Murphy had penalised them two or three times in the first twenty, they’d have adjusted, resulting in a more open, entertaining and fairer game.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I don’t agree about TB, the awful pass at the end aside, I though he had a solid game, and plays the new systems well. I’d have no problem with him starting next week. If Jj is out, I’d have Goggin on the bench, with a view to Rory moving inside if that became necessary. Putting Ben in the bench for his first senior game of get season, away in the JCup, is too much to ask- I think.

Alby looked to have injured his leg before he went off- he would be a big loss next week. Scannell/ Farrell will surely start next week, although I thought Farrell was quiet (nice hands for the scannell try). Keith the only back three change.
          Agree about Tyler, better than he’s being given credit for. Some of his passing was lovely. Different player to JJ but still quality.

Might be tempted to have Healy on the bench next week. Ospreys are pretty ****e and I think we’ll beat them handily. Not the worst opposition to face in his first game, and he’ll be surrounded by a full strength side.

Keet in for next week if he’s fit. Daly if not. Goggin on the bench either way.

Comment

Originally posted by desperate dan View Post
            Why does Murphy hate Munster so much, anybody know.?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
            He was poor - is there a super-secret IRB directive for refs to ignore the offside laws?

Comment

I enjoyed being at a Munster match again, even if the game itself was a bit of a slug fest. I was impressed by Ulster's physicality early on and they seemed to be able to stop us getting over the gain line fairly easily, and at one stage pushed us back out of the 22 completely.

But Munster stayed at it, and all of the changes must have contributed to the stop-start nature. I was impressed by our front row (Cronin getting his penalty out of the way early!), Alby, JJ, Farell and Rory. Conway was lethal when he got his chance. The biggest disappointment was JJ limping off - he seems to becoming a much more complete player and I have no doubt Larkham has had a role in that.

Regarding the referee, some of the Ulster offsides in the first half were blatant and yet were not pinged. What's the point of this law if not enforced? Munster should have put Ulster away by half time, but that overthrow on 40 mins looked like a dumb screwup. It was hard to believe we were behine on 65 mins, but I figured the Munster would pull it out of the bag. Overall I wasn't impressed by Ulster, but while Cooney looked class, young Curtis looked out of his depth. And Jacob Stockdale needs to find some form fast or he won't make the Andy Farrell's starting XV.

Decent prep for the rest of 2019 and I'm genuinely looking forward to watching this squad develop.

Finally Marty Moore WTF? When you are making Nick Williams look like a sleek greyhound, you shouldn't be on the pitch in a top Pro14 clash.
              Last edited by blackwarrior; 10th-November-2019, 20:16.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post

For the intercept by McCloskey from Tylers pass the pass before from Murray to Tyler he was a mile offside which is why he was so quickly up and in position to intercept Tylers pass.
                You couldn't really tell from the TV coverage but being at the match it was clear as ****ing day, yet the officials ignored it.
                Was on East Terrace directly in line for 'intercept' and McCloskey was not just marginally but miles offside, and touchjudge was also directly in line.

Departure of JJ really cut the energy out of our performance - JJ is coming close to realising his potential and I am delighted for him personally and for Munster, If at all fit, should start next week.
                Will not be team but personal preference is:
                Conway, Earls, Farrell, Scannell, Daly, JJ, Murray, Killer, Scannell, Ryan, Beirne, Kleyn, POM, CJ and Jacko, Cronin, KOB, Archer, Wycherley, Cloete, Alby, Tyler, Goggin/Haley.
                Last edited by isola ciarrai; 10th-November-2019, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

He only begged for one penalty, right after he came on, then he got on with it and delivered quick ball for the most part, great to see. He knows his spot is under threat these days.
                  If Haley had held that pass and delivered to outside player (Coombes?), could have been try of the season so far - the cut out pass from CM was masterly. Very poor hands from Haley.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

It was a good attempt, but I thought at the time, and still believe it was wrong not to go for the corner. It was a very missable kick, on the edge of his range. Our line out was working well, so would probably have retained possession, in the three remaining minutes a maul, and few phases would have run the clock down even if we hadn’t got the bonus point. Unless we conceded a penalty (admittedly Murphy could have pinged us), they had to play the ball back from where they had to anyway when the kick missed, and presumably with no more than a minute on the clock. Even if he had got the pen, the time taken for the kick off etc would have ruled out getting a BP.
                    I think the way we were conceding penos influenced the decision. Two quick penos by Murphy and they could have been knocking on our try line. Better take time out of the clock kick the peno and if you miss they have the length of the pitch to go poss with restart and reclaim poss as well.

Comment

Originally posted by reded View Post

I think the way we were conceding penos influenced the decision. Two quick penos by Murphy and they could have been knocking on our try line. Better take time out of the clock kick the peno and if you miss they have the length of the pitch to go poss with restart and reclaim poss as well.
                      Going to the corner would have taken the time off. You do not have to go length of pitch from drop out. We should have backed our lineout. Points like these are the difference at end of season for a home semi.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Going to the corner would have taken the time off. You do not have to go length of pitch from drop out. We should have backed our lineout. Points like these are the difference at end of season for a home semi.
                        One way of looking at it but win the game first is overall concern.
                        another score then would have put us 9 points ahead and with time nearly up certain winners.
                        kick to corner and get turned over or perhaps penalised, breakaway try by them and we were looking at a losing BP at home.

Comment

The kick was the correct decision for me. It would have put us two scores clear had it gone over. Not getting a BP in this game won't make much difference at the end of the season.

Comment

For those of us in the uk , highlights of this game are being shown on BBC Wales Monday 11:15 PM . Part of the new tv deal apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                              Just got to watch it. Not surprised at the comments here about Murphy - a shocking performance. He let so much go where Ulster were concerned while
                              pinging Munster for everything. Three legitimate steals (Cronin, Cloete and CJ) not given and two of them penalised. A terrible ref.

And OL, the policing of the offside line is what enables teams to play rugby. Offside defenders stop teams going wide. It’s always material because it directly influences how teams play.

If Murphy had penalised them two or three times in the first twenty, they’d have adjusted, resulting in a more open, entertaining and fairer game.
                              why bother discuss refs here then. I do defend them and get unfair criticism for doing it but only do because of all the one eyed bull spread by far too many here on refs and their decisions. Every game is the same with offside. Every ref. No reffing team between ref and assistants will pull offisdes like ye here want because majority are not material, necessary because not going to impact ball/ball carrier.
                              offsides are not always material.
                              I have watched game back now. Was there one or two offisdes that could have been penalised. Yes. But from the ****e talk here you would think every tackle/ruck had players miles offisde. When they didn't

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                                why bother discuss refs here then. I do defend them and get unfair criticism for doing it but only do because of all the one eyed bull spread by far too many here on refs and their decisions. Every game is the same with offside. Every ref. No reffing team between ref and assistants will pull offisdes like ye here want because majority are not material, necessary because not going to impact ball/ball carrier.
                                offsides are not always material.
                                I have watched game back now. Was there one or two offisdes that could have been penalised. Yes. But from the ****e talk here you would think every tackle/ruck had players miles offisde. When they didn't

Don’t think I’m shutting down the debate by disagreeing with you OL. I j don’t agree with your assertion that offside is immaterial unless it has a direct impact on play (at least, that’s how I’m interpreting your position).

Besides, there was a lot more to Murphy’s poor performance last night than the offside issue. He seemed very quick to penalise Munster while allowing Ulster a lot of leeway. When Ferris is saying Munster were hard done by, you know things are a bit skewed.

Dunno if Frank is over compensating or what but he was very one-eyed. How often do you see the side on top have such a high penalty count against them?

Comment

Working...
                                X