• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
    Murphy and his team were awful
    Offside after offside missed.

Conway is clutch
    this comes up game after game on forums yet doesnt change. How much of the offisdes are actually material so warrant officials doing something about them?

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
      this comes up game after game on forums yet doesnt change. How much of the offisdes are actually material so warrant officials doing something about them?

All offsides are material
      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Stockdales issues started long before Japan.
        He's been a shadow of himself since his cock up v Leinster in the Heiney QF. He's a real confidence player. I'd have Lyttle and Gilroy ahead of him, I'm a huge Lyttle fan, amazing player.
        Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
        http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Lets just scrap the law then Sir

If it's in the law it's material and the team of officials could at least make an attempt to enforce the law
          Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
            Just back from the game, On the whole it was very enjoyable. My thoughts: Murphy was just abject, there was one point in the first half where within about 40 seconds he missed 3 Ulster offsides in a row followed by Conway being tackled without the ball after a chip through. Why didn't he check the late hit on JJ which ended his game? Coombes had a fine game, he looked very confident and didn't put a foot wrong. Hayley is a rock solid full back defensively. I don't have any issue with him being selected at FB with Conway on the wing. I don't think it was Alby's best game this season, he had a number of wayward box kicks and seemed to get scragged a few times at the rucks. Murray turned the game when he came on in the second half when I thought the game was slipping away. He looked pure class. Also, Conway's try was a moment of magic.

It was noticable that we utilised Scannell's kicking more than ever before. Hopefully it is part of Larkhams game plan as it can be a weapon and he can be turned into a Giteau style player rather than expecting him to Bosh everything up the middle. Fair play to him, he had a fine game.

Finally, I hope JJ is ok, he's miles ahead of Tyler right now and we need him fit.
            Agree with lots of that, excepting the enjoyable bit.
            But where was the TMO for THE late tackle Conway by Stockdale- who knew exactly what he was doing? It was directly below me.
            And where was the TMO for the late hit on JJ.
            Was there a TMO at all?

I can't understand not going for the line with that final penalty, We should have backed ourselves.
            "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
              they're not. Refs, ars see those offside. Maybe considering all what's going on they're getting it right as its same pretty much everywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

Of course they are, that’s exactly why so many teams try to get away with them, because doing so gives them a defensive advantage.

Comment

The offsides are material when they constantly prevent the non-infringing team from playing the game, in my opinion. I’m not suggesting every offside is pinged, but it ruins the game when they are constantly ignored.
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post

Lets just scrap the law then Sir

If it's in the law it's material and the team of officials could at least make an attempt to enforce the law
                    if you went out in the morning with that attitude to ref a game you would have hundreds of penalties and piss every single playerz coach and spectator off.
                    every offside is far from material. If you want that strict a ref then you dont have a contest you have a **** fest.

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

Agree with lots of that, excepting the enjoyable bit.
                      But where was the TMO for THE late tackle Conway by Stockdale- who knew exactly what he was doing? It was directly below me.
                      And where was the TMO for the late hit on JJ.
                      Was there a TMO at all?

I can't understand not going for the line with that final penalty, We should have backed ourselves.
                      6 points up kick pen and win the game , it was correct decision for me.
                      he missed and we nearly paid the price with the missed interception

Comment

It was always going to be a bit disjointed with the returning internationals.
                        JJ injury is the biggest concern. This is the best I’ve seen JJ in a long time, but at the same time TB was very poor today. It’s sickening that he’s picked up an injury, playing like that challenges for the starting position even with a fit Carbery. We are so short in 10’s at the minute, if JJ is out it forces decisions elsewhere. Scannell, you imagine will start at 12 next week. There was a question of who starts between Goggin/Farrell and Scannell but the injury to JJ most likely answers that question. TB was poor today but Scannell was excellent, and was able to pretty much take TB out of the game. This new style just doesn’t really suit TB, it’s like everything is a second or two too quick for him, but he needs to up his game Big time for next week, but please God JJ is ok.

I thought Rory Scannell and Conway were the standout backs, N Scannell and Ryan were good, the backrow was good. I know R Scannell got MOTM but Conway today was just a master class. Nothing new there, it’s madness that he wasn’t picked to start at the WC. He is clutch under pressure. Like Earls, he just turns up and does exactly what’s needed at the right time. Outstanding, at this point he has to be one of the first name on the team sheet.

It wasn’t a great performance but we got the result, it’s was freezing cold and just not a good night for rugby, it had been wet, the ground and ball was greasy, one of those nights that you’re just waiting for the final whistle. They’ll have a lot of work to do before next week with getting the internationals up to speed with the new plays. When you think about it they’ve only been working with them since Monday which is no time at all really. Hopefully they’ll be much more up to speed by next week and fingers crossed we get good news on the injury front.
                        Last edited by Stringer9; 9th-November-2019, 23:37.
                        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

if you went out in the morning with that attitude to ref a game you would have hundreds of penalties and piss every single playerz coach and spectator off.
                          every offside is far from material. If you want that strict a ref then you dont have a contest you have a **** fest.
                          No if you lay the law down early and let every player know that you are willing to ping offside all game they will soon take a step back and cop on to themselves and you wont have to give many more sanctions for the same offence.
                          Last edited by munstershane; 9th-November-2019, 23:42.
                          Life is good

Comment

OL, as has been pointed out to you many many times, if you ping a team for offside, or for any other offense, the team will stop offending.

I may be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure you'll correct me but I think there wasn't a single penalty given in today's match for offside.

Comment

Said a while ago that I thought Healy should be fast-tracked, With the injury to JJ and the lack lustre displays of TB, would have been a bonus to have him in the mix as Fly Half

Comment

... How much of the offisdes are actually material so warrant officials doing something about them?

Your defence of officials is generally well articulated and gives the hotter heads among us (myself included) pause for reflection. However, that remark is simply offside in itself. When a team is allowed to encroach the offside line with impunity it alters the way a team can play against them effectively, so either the offside line is enforced or it isn’t; which choice do you prefer? I’m not talking about the occasional step forward too soon and recover, I’m talking persistent and deliberate breaching of the line, such as we saw today, with no sanction.

Comment

Working...
                                X