P14 R6) Us V Ulster - TP - Saturday @ 5.15 - Eir and Premiersports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reded View Post
    We didn’t get the rub of the green today, so I agree with much of the above.
    I appreciate we are now ‘in transition’ again.
    Watched Glos V sarries before our game. Sarries didn’t play well. Still beat Glos easily. They capitalize on all mistakes. We make far too many. We are nowhere near beating SARRIES at home not to mind to say away.
    When Glos moved the ball perfectly through the back line they were able to go around Sarries. They are beatable. We just don’t have the accuracy at the moment.
    Our errors took pressure off the opposition today many times. With this error rate we are can be beaten by anybody with the momentum swings these bring. ospreys away is a huge game for us, Anxious times ahead but hoping for the best.
    I'm sure with every training session back together the team will tighten up the loose elements

I am more than optimistic about this season, we've shown creativity and prudence and that augurs well for games ahead.

Fingers crossed we can show our pool opposition things they haven't seen from us before
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by reded View Post
      We didn’t get the rub of the green today, so I agree with much of the above.
      I appreciate we are now ‘in transition’ again.
      Watched Glos V sarries before our game. Sarries didn’t play well. Still beat Glos easily. They capitalize on all mistakes. We make far too many. We are nowhere near beating SARRIES at home not to mind to say away.
      When Glos moved the ball perfectly through the back line they were able to go around Sarries. They are beatable. We just don’t have the accuracy at the moment.
      Our errors took pressure off the opposition today many times. With this error rate we are can be beaten by anybody with the momentum swings these bring. ospreys away is a huge game for us, Anxious times ahead but hoping for the best.
      Agreed. While Murphy's whistling irritated me, we didn't cop on and address our errors. Good to get the win, but a big step up needed. Isn't Conway a wee gem, he had it all to do for that 3rd try but was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post

Agreed. While Murphy's whistling irritated me, we didn't cop on and address our errors. Good to get the win, but a big step up needed. Isn't Conway a wee gem, he had it all to do for that 3rd try but was fantastic.
        Conway is the all-round best back three player in Ireland. Maybe Farrell will recognize this, if Schmidt did not.
        Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Stockdales confidence looks dented. He was the cleanest jersey bar Frank's on the field after an hour. Didn't ever get into the game

Japan cannot be forgotten quick enough for some of these lads I'd wager.
          I am the million man.

Comment

I d back us at tp v Saracens even last two seasons. Our record there speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              Stockdales confidence looks dented. He was the cleanest jersey bar Frank's on the field after an hour. Didn't ever get into the game

Japan cannot be forgotten quick enough for some of these lads I'd wager.
              Stockdales issues started long before Japan.

Comment

Disaster that didn’t happen. We need JJ fit

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I agree with you in the sense that I cannot see how we can leave Conway out, and I’m sure most of us would say the same about Keith. It’s then a matter of Haley vs the rest, and even though I’ve liked the look of Daly, Nash, Wooton and Combes today- I’d have Haley ahead of them. He also played a bit as an alternative first receiver today, which I can’t see the others do (including Conway). On balance my back three would be conway and Keith on the wings, with Haley at FB- but I realise it is a very close call. It’s wonderful that we have such promising plays to come through.
                  Yes I think 99% would say Conway Earls must play, if its Haley vs the rest though would you prefer Haley @15 with Conway wing? Or would it not be better for the team to have Conway 15 and more in the game and we give any of the players named above (incl Haley) a go on the wing.
                  \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Just back from the game, On the whole it was very enjoyable. My thoughts: Murphy was just abject, there was one point in the first half where within about 40 seconds he missed 3 Ulster offsides in a row followed by Conway being tackled without the ball after a chip through. Why didn't he check the late hit on JJ which ended his game? Coombes had a fine game, he looked very confident and didn't put a foot wrong. Hayley is a rock solid full back defensively. I don't have any issue with him being selected at FB with Conway on the wing. I don't think it was Alby's best game this season, he had a number of wayward box kicks and seemed to get scragged a few times at the rucks. Murray turned the game when he came on in the second half when I thought the game was slipping away. He looked pure class. Also, Conway's try was a moment of magic.

It was noticable that we utilised Scannell's kicking more than ever before. Hopefully it is part of Larkhams game plan as it can be a weapon and he can be turned into a Giteau style player rather than expecting him to Bosh everything up the middle. Fair play to him, he had a fine game.

Finally, I hope JJ is ok, he's miles ahead of Tyler right now and we need him fit.
                    Last edited by B.A.; 9th-November-2019, 21:24.
                    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                      I'm sure with every training session back together the team will tighten up the loose elements

I am more than optimistic about this season, we've shown creativity and prudence and that augurs well for games ahead.

Fingers crossed we can show our pool opposition things they haven't seen from us before
                      I think so too- we seem to have far more about us this tear, but very much a work in progress, but we make be developing a brand of rugby which is more likely to bring success. We will need things to go our way to beat Sarries, but home and away gives us a better chance than a one off game. I believe we can beat anyone in the pro14, and if we keep the progress up we’ll have a local derby in Cardiff in May.

Comment

It did me good to see Conor Murray running with the ball in his hands
                        \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Disagree- he has been doing very well this season- and two of three very good tactical kicks, he isn’t always 100%, but for me his is well worth his place.
                          Hayley overall has been v v good this season,looks like the pre season has done him the world of good. that little chip kick tonight was lovely.
                          "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                          Will Greenwood

Comment

Murphy and his team were awful
                            Offside after offside missed.

Conway is clutch
                            Life is good

Comment

I was at Thomond tonight and firstly it was strange to hear the Cavan choir singing SUAF

Comment

Although not a great display I saw enough good running lines to to think we are going to be very good very soon.Devasted for JJ just as he was showing some consistency and playing so well.Think Fineen is really pushing for a starting spot he adds so much energy.

Comment

Working...
                                X