Europe 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

This is how we reinforce the message, just ask Darren Sweetman, who can often be seen playing at Thomand Park.
    Is that near Two Mint Pork?
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

That’s terrible.

All going well billy and Eoghan run into each other at some stage tommorow and join the Sarries sickbay first a few weeks.
      Billy, Eoghan and SuperMario
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Saracens getting the book thrown at them today by the looks of it

https://twitter.com/owenslot/status/1191663943674220545

Between yesterday's transfer news and today's possible news; I can't remember a better start to a week

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
          Saracens getting the book thrown at them today by the looks of it

https://twitter.com/owenslot/status/1191663943674220545

Between yesterday's transfer news and today's possible news; I can't remember a better start to a week
          Is it positive for us? I have my doubts. The players might be bitter and that could work against us for the back-to-backs in December. Or would they decide to put their full attention at the Premiership to prevent relegation? -26 is still to overcome I guess for relegation. Also what will happen to their current squad? If they do not make any chances than next year they will get a fine again. Will the players accept a salary cut in order for them to meet the salary cap? Also if they ask for a review with an arbitration body, how much would this take? (Probably they'll do this to extend the verdict.

A lot of questions,

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

Is it positive for us? I have my doubts. The players might be bitter and that could work against us for the back-to-backs in December. Or would they decide to put their full attention at the Premiership to prevent relegation? -26 is still to overcome I guess for relegation. Also what will happen to their current squad? If they do not make any chances than next year they will get a fine again. Will the players accept a salary cut in order for them to meet the salary cap? Also if they ask for a review with an arbitration body, how much would this take? (Probably they'll do this to extend the verdict.

A lot of questions,
            I hear you, but having thought about it a smidge, I think it's good for us (and arguably fair considering the defeats they imposed on us in recent times).

They may have to restructure their salaries (hard to see the old regime continuing), will have to pay a mammoth fine and have a lot of points to make up to survive. The worrying thing (for the club and supporters) is that the real test may be in whether the sugar daddy, who caused some/all of these problems, stays or simply leaves the club with the problems.

Comment

Saracens cannot survive that fine. They will appeal, no doubt, but anything more than a few million and they are toast.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                Saracens cannot survive that fine. They will appeal, no doubt, but anything more than a few million and they are toast.
                I don't think they can appeal, in the sense that you can overturn a verdict. There is a review process but that won't alter the findings - you have to show they did nt follow procedure or that the ruling broke or misinterpreted the law. Given that the panel was made up of QCs and ex judges it's hard to see how Sarries can alter the outcome.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

It’s very unfair on other teams that this has taken so long to come out, at least three full seasons of cooking the books before it comes out, and even into a fourth, how many teams lost out on winning the competition, making the finals, getting to play in Europe, the influence it had on teams getting relegated etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

I don't think they can appeal, in the sense that you can overturn a verdict. There is a review process but that won't alter the findings - you have to show they did nt follow procedure or that the ruling broke or misinterpreted the law. Given that the panel was made up of QCs and ex judges it's hard to see how Sarries can alter the outcome.
                    They are appealing- says so on their site and in the media- details on Premiership thread

Comment

The biggest problems might yet be down the road. The 5Mil fine is for hiding how they paid players, will the tax collecting forces of the crown now be in line for some income tax and fines on what has been deemed pay that previously wasn’t?

Will the individual players face sanctions because of this?

Comment

we should go about and beat them fair and square home and away.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

They are appealing- says so on their site and in the media- details on Premiership thread
                          They can't appeal. The can only ask for a review of the decision on the grounds that 'there has been an error of law, the decision is irrational or ther has been some procedural unfairness' Seeing as the head of the independent panel, Lord Dyson, was Justice of the UK Supreme Court and President of the Court of Appeal in England and Wales, the odds of any change happening are low.

Good thread on it here https://twitter.com/timoconnorbl/sta...80940701110273

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                            The biggest problems might yet be down the road. The 5Mil fine is for hiding how they paid players, will the tax collecting forces of the crown now be in line for some income tax and fines on what has been deemed pay that previously wasn’t?

Will the individual players face sanctions because of this?
                            The biggest issue I think is how they are going to get compliant for this season and who they have to get rid of

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

They can't appeal. The can only ask for a review of the decision on the grounds that 'there has been an error of law, the decision is irrational or ther has been some procedural unfairness' Seeing as the head of the independent panel, Lord Dyson, was Justice of the UK Supreme Court and President of the Court of Appeal in England and Wales, the odds of any change happening are low.

Good thread on it here https://twitter.com/timoconnorbl/sta...80940701110273
                              Thank you- that’s very informative, but I can’t see Wray saying ‘fair cop, guv’ and writing a cheque. Not least because they have
                              They do seem to have exercised their right to a review, albeit not an ‘appeal’, but so far no one seems to be reporting their grounds for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

A lot of questions,
                                This is quite an interesting take on the fuure of their paid players and contracts and etc etc...

https://twitter.com/timoconnorbl/sta...773259778?s=21

As for the fine, they can definitely handle it....
                                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X