No announcement yet.

Europe 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed Alby is staying on as others have mentioned Murray whether due to injury or whatever is not playing anywhere near his best.
    Would have had Casey over Cronin.....

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
      Fingers crossed Alby is staying on as others have mentioned Murray whether due to injury or whatever is not playing anywhere near his best.
      Would have had Casey over Cronin.....
      C'mon, the guy had 20 good minutes. give him some time. We don't want another JJ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Alby current contract extension is for 4 more weeks. Whether you can deregister him after that in your Europe squad immediately springs to mind.

Nick McCarthy is a lot handier (imo) than people realise. You don't get nearly 40 leinster caps easily.

EDIT> I'm half asleep, hadnt realised my concerns were already discussed
        We can change him out after that. Once Conor is bedded back in and McCarthy (or one of the other lads) is a bit more established as no.2.

McCarthy’s performance a couple of weeks back was far from impressive btw. Hopefully just a bit of rust.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

C'mon, the guy had 20 good minutes. give him some time. We don't want another JJ.....
          Cronin is a pro14 player at best. Name Casey in the squad where as the 4th choice as stands at the moment he is more than likely not going to have to even travel but keeps him involved. He is the one player that the Leinster fans on Babbling Brook would like targeted - hate to lose him cause he thinks he is way down the pecking order....

Comment

Well I for one am quite optimistic of us performing very well in the Heineken Champions Cup, we have the current team playing well and 12 players coming back from the World Cup and so major injury worries. also, our first 3 games away to Ospreys, followed by Racing & Sarries in Thomond Park gives us a great opportunity to build momentum. In fact I've let my heart rule my head and put a few bob on (with a cash out option) - sure, where would we be without a little romance! I was tempted when I saw the odds on Paddy Power, Sarries 2/1; Leinster 2/1 & Munster 25/1. Here are the Paddy Power odds:- European Champions Cup

European Champions Cup 2020 E/W Terms: 1/3 Odds, 1,2 places

Saracens 2/1; Leinster 2/1; Toulouse 8/1; Clermont Auvergne 8/1; Exeter Chiefs 10/1; Racing 92 20/1; Munster 25/1; Gloucester 33/1; Montpellier 33/1; Glasgow Warriors 40/1

La Rochelle 40/1; Northampton 50/1; Ulster 80/1; Lyon OU 80/1; Bath 80/1; Harlequins 100/1; Sale Sharks 100/1; Connacht 150/1; Ospreys 500/1; Benetton Treviso 500/1

Comment

So, Jack O'Sullivan is ahead of more experienced Gavin Coombes & Conor Oliver and perhaps Sean O'Connor for squad place?
              And Kenyon Knox is ahead of Brian Scott and Ciaran Parker? 4 LH, 3 TH with Loughman able to switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Perico View Post
                So, Jack O'Sullivan is ahead of more experienced Gavin Coombes & Conor Oliver and perhaps Sean O'Connor for squad place?
                And Kenyon Knox is ahead of Brian Scott and Ciaran Parker? 4 LH, 3 TH with Loughman able to switch?
                Well done. Didn't spot any of that, except for the Loughman point, which has been clear anyway from recent matches. Conor Oliver looked like an excellent prospect only 2 years ago, but that weights injury was terrible timing.
                Sean O'Connor also seemed to be destined for greatness, so too Gavin Coombes.
                Knox is young as tightheads go, but I thought our scrum fared poorly in SA when he came on. It's great in a way to see a young prospect being favoured, but then all of the posts about Casey spring to mind.
                I suppose we only watch 80 minutes a week, whereas the coaches have a more complete picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
                  Well I for one am quite optimistic of us performing very well in the Heineken Champions Cup, we have the current team playing well and 12 players coming back from the World Cup and so major injury worries. also, our first 3 games away to Ospreys, followed by Racing & Sarries in Thomond Park gives us a great opportunity to build momentum. In fact I've let my heart rule my head and put a few bob on (with a cash out option) - sure, where would we be without a little romance! I was tempted when I saw the odds on Paddy Power, Sarries 2/1; Leinster 2/1 & Munster 25/1. Here are the Paddy Power odds:- European Champions Cup

European Champions Cup 2020 E/W Terms: 1/3 Odds, 1,2 places

Saracens 2/1; Leinster 2/1; Toulouse 8/1; Clermont Auvergne 8/1; Exeter Chiefs 10/1; Racing 92 20/1; Munster 25/1; Gloucester 33/1; Montpellier 33/1; Glasgow Warriors 40/1

La Rochelle 40/1; Northampton 50/1; Ulster 80/1; Lyon OU 80/1; Bath 80/1; Harlequins 100/1; Sale Sharks 100/1; Connacht 150/1; Ospreys 500/1; Benetton Treviso 500/1
                  25/1 is a generous price- I think, and Sarries might be a different price after the salary calling announcement is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Perico View Post
                    Parker is down as rehabbing in the latest Munster update. sean O Connor’s star seems to have waned- he played a game or so in the Celtic cup. On the basis of what I saw in previous seasons I thought we have a fine player in the making- would be really silly if Jed was keeping him out.
                    Last edited by jagawayagain; 31st-October-2019, 21:35.

Comment

Liam Williams and Alex Goode both ruled out for Saracens for the games vs Munster

Comment

It's KEYnon not ken yon
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                          Liam Williams and Alex Goode both ruled out for Saracens for the games vs Munster
                          That’s terrible.

All going well billy and Eoghan run into each other at some stage tommorow and join the Sarries sickbay first a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                            It's KEYnon not ken yon
                            Or even Keynan!
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Or even Keynan!
                              Sure the Keenan’s are well know in west cork.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Or even Keynan!
                                This is how we reinforce the message, just ask Darren Sweetman, who can often be seen playing at Thomand Park.
                                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X