Props - Cronin, Killer, Loughman, LOC, Ryan, Archer, Kenyan

Hookers - Rhys, Niall, KOB

2nd Row - Tadhg, Billy, Jean, Fineen, DOS, Jed

Back Row - POM, CJ, TOD, JOD, JOS, Arno, Cloete

SH - Connor, Abby, Cronin, Nick

FH - Tyler, JJ, Joey

Centres - Chris, Rory, Dan, Sammy

Wings/FB - Conway, Keith, Haley, Shane, Sweetnam, Wootton, Nash

I thought Alby Mathewson and Jed Holloway were only with us till the end of November?
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
      I thought Alby Mathewson and Jed Holloway were only with us till the end of November?
      So did I.

Comment

I am surprised Craig Casey wasnt included especially since he has been getting game time lately and if Alby is leaving in November then it is a strange call

Comment

That means they're available for rounds 1 and 2. With the size of the squad you might as well name them. Anyways we can make upto 5 changes to the squad before Nov 13th (once off due to the RWC) and can make 5 changes during the pool stage (Admittedly 3 of these have to be FR).

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedRoar94 View Post

I am surprised Craig Casey wasnt included especially since he has been getting game time lately and if Alby is leaving in November then it is a strange call
            I think Casey has only had about 20mins off the bench this season-and that last week- his time will surely come- but I don’t see why we wouldn’t pick and all black when we’re paying his wages. The other thing is that if Murray was out, we’d definitely want Alby starting.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I think Casey has only had about 20mins off the bench this season-and that last week- his time will surely come- but I don’t see why we wouldn’t pick and all black when we’re paying his wages. The other thing is that if Murray was out, we’d definitely want Alby starting.
              We should start Alby ahead of Murray at the moment
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

They can be replaced after first 2 rounds. Has been done before with other short term cover signings.

Comment

So we can make five more changes than usual so long as it's before November 13th? Cheers, I wasn't aware of that. Obviously this might have been useful if Joe "I've got loads of secret plays up my sleeve" Schmidt had managed to keep Ireland in the RWC until this coming weekend, but the fact that we've known for ten days at this point that all our internationals were coming back makes the inclusion of the two lads seem a bit odd. Our first HEC fixture is away to Ospreys on November 16th, so if either of the two lads are named in the side for that one then we're essentially curtailing our options for the rest of the season.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

They are, to a certain extent. We have the option of five more changes up 'till the end of the Pool Stages, three of whom must be Frontrowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

We should start Alby ahead of Murray at the moment
                      Whatever the merits of naming Alby and restricting our options- I cant see the value of doing that with Jed’s inclusion.

Comment

If you have quality like Alby and Jed in your squad and they are going to be here for the first two rounds why would they not be included?

Comment

Our first HEC fixture is away to Ospreys on November 16th, so if either of the two lads are named in the side for that one then we're essentially curtailing our options for the rest of the season.
                          I think you're right. Barring injuries in the interim he Nov 13th deadline is not much use to us.

Call me paranoid, but is there any chance the two lads are staying longer...?

Comment

So we can make five more changes than usual so long as it's before November 13th? Cheers, I wasn't aware of that. Obviously this might have been useful if Joe "I've got loads of secret plays up my sleeve" Schmidt had managed to keep Ireland in the RWC until this coming weekend, but the fact that we've known for ten days at this point that all our internationals were coming back makes the inclusion of the two lads seem a bit odd. Our first HEC fixture is away to Ospreys on November 16th, so if either of the two lads are named in the side for that one then we're essentially curtailing our options for the rest of the season.
                            Alby is far and away our second best SH. Be mad to exclude him for as long as he’s available, especially when we have no idea how Conor will be when he comes back.

Including Jed is arguable but we’re not really leaving out anybody to include him. He can be replaced later and I very much doubt he’ll play.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Alby is far and away our second best SH. Be mad to exclude him for as long as he’s available, especially when we have no idea how Conor will be when he comes back.

Including Jed is arguable but we’re not really leaving out anybody to include him. He can be replaced later and I very much doubt he’ll play.
                              Alby current contract extension is for 4 more weeks. Whether you can deregister him after that in your Europe squad immediately springs to mind.

Nick McCarthy is a lot handier (imo) than people realise. You don't get nearly 40 leinster caps easily.

EDIT> I'm half asleep, hadnt realised my concerns were already discussed
                              Last edited by Cowboy; 31st-October-2019, 10:24.
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X