X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Would love to see Alby in coaching role to work with the development of Nick Mc and Craig. From an international perspective there is a lack of quality coming through and these two may well be the future.
    Especially as Casey looks the same sort of SH that Alby is- there’s not much point in trying to model your game on Murray, if you are physically/play more like Strings.

Leave a comment:

• MunsterLux
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    Special mention for JOD too. He was everywhere.

He, like Fineen, made a mountain of tackles and was at every ruck. Just kept doing all the non-flashy stuff that made it possible for JJ and co to shine. Led the team well too, and seemed to have a good rapport with the ref.
    Having a good rapport with the ref is invaluable imo. Not to single anyone out, but it’s a weakness of POM as he seems to take everything personally with regards to reffing decisions that go against us. Almost staring them down at times ffs. Not exactly the diplomatic approach you expect from your captain. Billy is much better at that stuff and JOD likewise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by dropkick View Post

"The Munster way". It sure took the penny a long time to drop but at least we're finally seeing some quality attacking rugby.

Combine the attack with all the players coming through, things are looking good. Not only players coming through but players like JJ look to have found a new lease of life. So many attacking options and freedom means the players are loving the new style. Take a note Joe Schmidt.

KOB had another great game. He has the best darts in the country from what I've seen and his handling and passing are excellent which I hadn't noticed before because he probably was told to bosh all the time.

Wycherley has some engine. He had another big game and was even popping up at scrum half at times. He has to work on his handling but it wouldn't surprise me to see him called up into Farrell's first Ireland squad. I think he'd make a good international blindside.

Goggin continues to impress. Takes the right decisions and is a heads up player. Had a lovely kick that pinned back Cardiff at one stage which Paddy Wallace credited to JJ.

The whole team played well in tough conditions. The only complaint I'd have is they were not getting much distance on their clearance kicks in the second half.
    I would not be surprised if KOB is starting some of the big games this season.

Leave a comment:

• Redcafe1
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Many of us have been saying since he signed that we’d love to keep him, but I can understand why we can’t (even though the country has plenty of SH options). With McCarthy having made the move down to us there’s no chance.

A lot of pressure on Nick to step up, but I have high hopes Casey will develop rapidly in the next 12 months anyway.
    Would love to see Alby in coaching role to work with the development of Nick Mc and Craig. From an international perspective there is a lack of quality coming through and these two may well be the future.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Special mention for JOD too. He was everywhere.

He, like Fineen, made a mountain of tackles and was at every ruck. Just kept doing all the non-flashy stuff that made it possible for JJ and co to shine. Led the team well too, and seemed to have a good rapport with the ref.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by mickiemcfist View Post
    That was some performance. As said above Alby, KOB, JJ, Wycherley all outstanding. I really think Alby is being hard done by, hes often the best player on the team & I'd love if he got a contract.
    Many of us have been saying since he signed that we’d love to keep him, but I can understand why we can’t (even though the country has plenty of SH options). With McCarthy having made the move down to us there’s no chance.

A lot of pressure on Nick to step up, but I have high hopes Casey will develop rapidly in the next 12 months anyway.

Leave a comment:

• mickiemcfist
    replied
    That was some performance. As said above Alby, KOB, JJ, Wycherley all outstanding. I really think Alby is being hard done by, hes often the best player on the team & I'd love if he got a contract.

Leave a comment:

• dropkick
    replied
    Originally posted by BigLad View Post
    Unreal rugby from Munster and even in those conditions. Last year in this fixture we won’t have boshed away up front and then coughed up the ball in the 22.

"The Munster way". It sure took the penny a long time to drop but at least we're finally seeing some quality attacking rugby.

Combine the attack with all the players coming through, things are looking good. Not only players coming through but players like JJ look to have found a new lease of life. So many attacking options and freedom means the players are loving the new style. Take a note Joe Schmidt.

KOB had another great game. He has the best darts in the country from what I've seen and his handling and passing are excellent which I hadn't noticed before because he probably was told to bosh all the time.

Wycherley has some engine. He had another big game and was even popping up at scrum half at times. He has to work on his handling but it wouldn't surprise me to see him called up into Farrell's first Ireland squad. I think he'd make a good international blindside.

Goggin continues to impress. Takes the right decisions and is a heads up player. Had a lovely kick that pinned back Cardiff at one stage which Paddy Wallace credited to JJ.

The whole team played well in tough conditions. The only complaint I'd have is they were not getting much distance on their clearance kicks in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• BigLad
    replied
    Unreal rugby from Munster and even in those conditions. Last year in this fixture we won’t have boshed away up front and then coughed up the ball in the 22.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
    Am away for the weekend and haven’t seen it yet- but read this thread, having take a sneaky look at the result, from the beginning to end. I now can’t wait to sit down and watch it. Great to read all the in-game remarks- I wish now I hadn’t looked at the score first, just wasn’t brave enough I think, because I feared a beating, as I think most
    of us did. 5-0 was way beyond expectations- delighted for the lads.
    The boys stepped up

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Am away for the weekend and haven’t seen it yet- but read this thread, having take a sneaky look at the result, from the beginning to end. I now can’t wait to sit down and watch it. Great to read all the in-game remarks- I wish now I hadn’t looked at the score first, just wasn’t brave enough I think, because I feared a beating, as I think most
    of us did. 5-0 was way beyond expectations- delighted for the lads.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post

Was it yourself Waterfordlad?
    Nope not me ustix

Leave a comment:

• anthonyl
    replied
    Well that was some difference to the last 2 years of this fixture. We were organised, aggressive and cute. We gave the 12 and 13 of Cardiff no time on the ball to create anything and herded them to touch. We played with a makeshift full back and manged to cope relatively comfortably. Our forwards were hungry and rabid on the floor and at the ruck. Hats off to Darren O'Shea and O'Byrne on a trying night for lineouts, we were tight on ours and like a rash on theirs. I have to say Wycherly is something else, his work rate is fantastic and he gets better the longer the game goes on. Those Beara fellas are tough f*ckers. Just to say the weather eased for a lot of the second half and Cardiff had the best of it in the first.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Call999 View Post
    One swallow does not a summer make.
    i
    Tús maith leath na hoibre

Leave a comment:

• Call999
    replied
    One swallow does not a summer make.
    i