No announcement yet.

P14 R5) Cardiff v Us - Saturday 19.35, Arms Park, TG4 Eir&Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good individu. We all hope they can deliver.al players that we all hope will be the future but not much experience in the backs selected for this clash.

Comment

Great to see cloete, arnold and wootton back. O'donoghue captain. Him and goggin look even stronger than last year. Alby will move it quick which is always good.
      Is daly capable enough at FB? Will be a step down from Haley I think.

Looking forward to rowntree's influence bear fruit and larkhams good work to continue. Lots and lots to be optimistic about

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post
        Good individu. We all hope they can deliver.al players that we all hope will be the future but not much experience in the backs selected for this clash.
        Daly looks to have more speed than Haley and very skilful footballer. FB will tell us more about his defensive abilities. serious gas across the back line- any and all capable of finding and exploiting gaps. Not exactly intimidating defensively, so that will be fascinating too.
        Front row will have a serious test, and looking forward to seeing DOS assert himself. Says something when Jackie and ginseng’s are the wise old heads. Will need to see real leadership from ally and Jj/TB. Could make fascinating viewing, if from behind the couch.

Comment

Daly at FB is an interesting call. Seen him play 13 and wing but not 15. Wonder how he’ll go. Certainly has the attributes, but would prefer to see him playing OC, where I think he could be top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
            Pointing out the obvious, but the same number of points are awarded for a win, irrespective of who you play (obvious benefit too, though, of denying points to those likely to be final shake up).
            It's got nothing to do with points, it's about player management. We'll need the guys not playing today to be available for most of those upcoming 10 games. They have to be rested at some point and this is one of those games. The next will probably be Edinburgh in 4 weeks.

Comment

Daly looks to have more speed than Haley and very skilful footballer. FB will tell us more about his defensive abilities. serious gas across the back line- any and all capable of finding and exploiting gaps. Not exactly intimidating defensively, so that will be fascinating too.
              Front row will have a serious test, and looking forward to seeing DOS assert himself. Says something when Jackie and ginseng’s are the wise old heads. Will need to see real leadership from ally and Jj/TB. Could make fascinating viewing, if from behind the couch.
              I can usually figure out what your predictive text has misrepresented after taking a moment or two, but I have to admit this time I'm stumped.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Munster put out a full side in this fixture last year and got hammered. At least these lads will be hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1

Haley not available for this one, hence Daly at FB. The alternative would be JJ at FB.
                  Is Sweetnam injured, or rested?

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

It's got nothing to do with points, it's about player management. We'll need the guys not playing today to be available for most of those upcoming 10 games. They have to be rested at some point and this is one of those games. The next will probably be Edinburgh in 4 weeks.
                    I see, but obviously with 12 to come back from Japan, and the size of the squad which went to SA, we didn’t really need to rest/rotate to the extent we have. Please don’t get me wrong- I think it’s a very interesting side- and look forward to seeing how they go, because, as you email implies we are unlikely to see some of them for a long while (injuries permitting).

later... having looked back at the side selected, and bench, there are 7/8 (Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold,
                    Alex Wootton; Keynan Knox; Darren O’Shea; Diarmuid Barron, Conor Oliver, and maybe Daly-hopefully not who are unlikely to see interpro/Hcup action, and the returning 12 cover these, and more.
                    Last edited by jagawayagain; 2nd-November-2019, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

I can usually figure out what your predictive text has misrepresented after taking a moment or two, but I have to admit this time I'm stumped.
                      Think he means Scannell

nope-- see below
                      Last edited by FORWARD....; 2nd-November-2019, 18:21.
                      "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Sorry- should have read ....forward to seeing DOS assert himself. Says something when Jacko and Fineen are the wise old heads.

Fineen is tricky for predictive text.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Who would you like to be on ?
                          Doesn't matter.
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post

Doesn't matter.
                            Cant play the same players in every game and also there are regularly injuries which we are not privy to except when advised in the weekly medical briefing

Comment

Sorry- should have read ....forward to seeing DOS assert himself. Says something when Jacko and Fineen are the wise old heads.

Fineen is tricky for predictive text.
                              I’m a big fan of Ginseng Witch-hazel, and his younger brother Ginkgo.

Comment

Could the 4 Irish Provinces occupy the top 2 positions in the Pro14 tonight - all down to Munster winning in Cardiff?

Comment

Working...
                                X