• Show
Clear All

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Starting team against Racing???

Leave a comment:

• The Yak
    replied
    That was a hugely positive performance, overall.

However, I do think there was a negative - we kicked away possession with about a minute on the clock b4 HT and they got 7 pts and went in level.

That was crazy game management and could have cost us dearly. Surprisingly, it was a mistake by one of our most experienced players, Alby.

However he did make up for it with a great 2nd half.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    The difference a year makes- last year we sent almost our first XV to Cardiff and we got spanked. Heads dropped.

This year a callow side, playing great rugby, comes away with a BP win. It will give the whole squad huge confidence
    Cardiff were far better last year - Anscombe and the 2 centres were outstanding. Having said that there is no doubting the improvment in Munster - especially the backs. Speed and execution seem vastly improved.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    I liked the fact Archer, Oliver, Scannell & co came in with an added edge to them and Daly, mistakes aside on a wet night, he has something about him

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Originally posted by Call999 View Post
    One swallow does not a summer make.
    i
    True. But that's four swallows now, and one dead duck. And it's autumn BTW. But the green shoots are there for all to see. At this stage of the season and with the RWC, that's more than we could have hoped for.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Very good concentration throughout- and some very good performances. Best game I have seen Darren o Shea play, but Jack and Fineen immense. JJ was tidy and alive to opportunities throughout, and Goggin, KOB Arnold and Wootton were very good. Daly was decent at FB, as was Knox. Dan is building on the promise of last year- and is looking a very complete player. Poor Cardiff outfit- but we were very solid throughout.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    The difference a year makes- last year we sent almost our first XV to Cardiff and we got spanked. Heads dropped.

This year a callow side, playing great rugby, comes away with a BP win. It will give the whole squad huge confidence

Leave a comment:

• KerryRed
    replied
    Really really good win. Getting the BP over there was great. Was worried after seeing the team announcement. But we bossed it, pretty much always looked in control. Great to see so many academy players doing so well. Having said all that Cardiff looked like they’ve taken a step backwards. Maybe they’ve a depth issue with the World Cup and all. But expected more from them. Been a tough place to go over the last number of years. Seem to remember them beating us down in Cork as well.

Leave a comment:

• MunsterBakery
    replied
    Larkham will sort Murray wobbles. I really think him and Rowntree are what we need at this time and Van Grann should be praised for getting them in

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by busby View Post
    There's a real opportunity over the next few months for Murray to go back to what made him such a great scrum half. His vision, game intelligence and ability to break were more fundamental than box kicks,. A bit of deprogramming from the Irish set up and I think he'll thrive under what we seem to be doing.
    I agree. Murray can play the style we’re going for, and can excel at it IMHO. 60 minutes of him at his all round best, with Casey coming on to up the pace for the last quarter. Could be fun!

Leave a comment:

• mickiemcfist
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Many of us have been saying since he signed that we’d love to keep him, but I can understand why we can’t (even though the country has plenty of SH options). With McCarthy having made the move down to us there’s no chance.

A lot of pressure on Nick to step up, but I have high hopes Casey will develop rapidly in the next 12 months anyway.
    Agreed, I just think he's the ultimate professional, having left his family at home & promised to move them over if he got a solid contract I hope he gets a great deal somewhere as he's in great shape & showing no signs of slowing. Just wish it was with us. His energy flows through the team when he's playing.

Leave a comment:

• busby
    replied
    There's a real opportunity over the next few months for Murray to go back to what made him such a great scrum half. His vision, game intelligence and ability to break were more fundamental than box kicks,. A bit of deprogramming from the Irish set up and I think he'll thrive under what we seem to be doing.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Alby will get more work in the P14 no bother at all to him if his time with us is coming to an end. If Marmion moved to England there could be a slot there, any side would look at him I'd say

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Nope not me ustix
    Soda bread it was

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Knox did really well for his first start. Carried pretty decently. The Wych is continuing his upward performance curve.

Daly and Goggin impressed also.

I honestly expected a hosing so I'm delighted with the result, and the manner of it's achievement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X