Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Are the blues that poor?
    And we're playing in Cardiff. That level of change is unsettling for an away match

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

And we're playing in Cardiff. That level of change is unsettling for an away match
      I've no beef with our 23 selected, just wondering are the Blues any good this season?
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

I've no beef with our 23 selected, just wondering are the Blues any good this season?
        Not a clue. I just had a quick look at their results to date: A win in SA against the Kings wouldn't tell us much, a loss at home to Edinburgh, who seem to be going well (a thumping from Leinster apart), a loss away to Glasgow and a loss away to Ulster.

From our Conference Table they also have the worst scoring record...

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

The season starts properly next week and I think this selection reflects that. We'll be going full strength (in respect to who's available) from next week. Only one of the next 10 fixtures (after Cardiff) isn't either a Euro game or an Interpro.
          Last edited by Wallyman; 1st-November-2019, 13:48.

Comment

I’d be a bit fearful with the team we’ve put out. Tough ask
            "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post
              I’d be a bit fearful with the team we’ve put out. Tough ask
              Would tend to agree. Any win will be a very good result for us
              Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Few people mentioning it already; seriously tough run of games coming up over the next 10/11 weeks. Few second/third choice players needed here but a huge opportunity for them. Imagine winning in Cardiff with 15 current/ex academy players. Would set the rest of the squad up nicely for training on Monday morning. For those giving out about Casey not being selected, I've a feeling it may have more to do with the fact not many of the first 23 players are selected this weekend.

Comment

Not the strongest side ever but a statement that the academy is beginning to work. If we win, it will be a massive and important psychological boost for the young guys.

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                    Not the strongest side ever but a statement that the academy is beginning to work. If we win, it will be a massive and important psychological boost for the young guys.
                    No better sight than a load of our young guns delighted with a hard fought win. Looking forward to them showing me up as a born pessimist.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                      Few people mentioning it already; seriously tough run of games coming up over the next 10/11 weeks. Few second/third choice players needed here but a huge opportunity for them. Imagine winning in Cardiff with 15 current/ex academy players. Would set the rest of the squad up nicely for training on Monday morning. For those giving out about Casey not being selected, I've a feeling it may have more to do with the fact not many of the first 23 players are selected this weekend.
                      I think Casey’s not selected because he’s still very green and we’ve got some big games coming up. Alby and McCarthy are likely to be our second choice SHs for the next few months. Much as I want to see the young Emperor start, I guess they need games more. His time will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

The season starts properly next week and I think this selection reflects that. We'll be going full strength (in respect to who's available) from next week. Only one of the next 10 fixtures (after Cardiff) isn't either a Euro game or an Interpro.
                        Pointing out the obvious, but the same number of points are awarded for a win, irrespective of who you play (obvious benefit too, though, of denying points to those likely to be final shake up).

That aside, this is a decent side- with plenty of opportunities for lads on the edge of the main squad. Disappointed not to see Casey again, even off the bench. OH aside it looks like the sort of A-side we fielded away in Italy last year who got a great result. Unfortunately it also offers hope to Cardiff, who weren’t bad against Ulster last week. Want to see a committed and skilful performance- and ideally a win. Best of luck to the lads.

Comment

I think it's a powerfully weak selection. I hope we don't get spanked. Cardiff are decent at home.
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

We always admire Leinster playing their young guns so hopefuly this will work out ok for us. Would be a major boost if we win
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Weather is stink here and set to be worse again tomorrow, Heavy rain and wind as well (weather warnings in place here I think). Wrap up well those hitting town tomorrow. One grain of comfort is the plastic pitch as much as I despise them.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                                I think it's a powerfully weak selection. I hope we don't get spanked. Cardiff are decent at home.
                                Who would you like to be on ?

Comment

Working...
                                X