Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Actually shapes up quite nicely for us, we really should win handily in Swansea, and with Racing coming to us next, we could be in a position to knock them out- or, give ourselves a handy lead at the top of the table, heading into the head to head games.

Leave a comment:

• AwayFromHome
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Hammer them into a nil all draw maybe.
    With 6 red cards apiece

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Yep, would hope also that Racing can get one over on a Sarries side still distracted by what might have been in Tokyo.
    Not to mention the salary cap announcement...if that hasn’t been buried.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Yep, would hope also that Racing can get one over on a Sarries side still distracted by what might have been in Tokyo.
    Hammer them into a nil all draw maybe.

Leave a comment:

• AwayFromHome
    replied
    From this performance and the ospreys one against the Westies it’s hard to see us not getting a very good start in Europe over there.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post

Agree. Do think if Rhys can stay fit (injured most of last season) it will be a 3 way tussle which can only be a good thing. Interesting to see if Scannell will also be able to up the anti in open play like KOB and Rhys has in the past.....
    I'm no expert (as my posts have shown!), but Rhys has been class for us. He doesn't seem to be his peak level right now, but when you read interviews with him, the determination to succeed he has shown, at home in New Zealand in particular, would make me hopeful he'll get back to his classy best.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post

Agree. Do think if Rhys can stay fit (injured most of last season) it will be a 3 way tussle which can only be a good thing. Interesting to see if Scannell will also be able to up the anti in open play like KOB and Rhys has in the past.....
    Great to have such competition, especially in such an physically exacting position.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    From this performance and the ospreys one against the Westies it’s hard to see us not getting a very good start in Europe over there.

Leave a comment:

• Greenkiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

Totally agree. I thought Rhys was under pressure the way KOB's playing, but now I think he's going to put Niall Scannell under a bit of pressure. The one big doubt I have is how hard it is to tell how much of a challenge the opposition are presenting in any of these early season matches.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
    Knox did really well for his first start. Carried pretty decently. The Wych is continuing his upward performance curve.

Daly and Goggin impressed also.

I honestly expected a hosing so I'm delighted with the result, and the manner of it's achievement.
    Agree completely. It was hard to tell if that first scrum penalty for them was against him, but even if it was, he didn't seem to be rattled and as you say was impressive in the loose.

Leave a comment:

• cornerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Yak View Post
    That was a hugely positive performance, overall.

However, I do think there was a negative - we kicked away possession with about a minute on the clock b4 HT and they got 7 pts and went in level.

That was crazy game management and could have cost us dearly. Surprisingly, it was a mistake by one of our most experienced players, Alby.

However he did make up for it with a great 2nd half.
    A different viewpoint on that would be that Alby was playing it well by pinning them back in their own 22. They produced a somewhat fortuitous touch finder in our 22 to set up the try...... 9 times out of 10 they would kick back we field and pin them again. Not everything works out but it was hardly crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Horse
    replied
    Alby having a fine game
    Bang on.
    How many of our line breaks came from his delayed short passes? Seemed like a lot anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
    Kevin o Byrne having a fine outing
    Totally agree. I thought Rhys was under pressure the way KOB's playing, but now I think he's going to put Niall Scannell under a bit of pressure. The one big doubt I have is how hard it is to tell how much of a challenge the opposition are presenting in any of these early season matches.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by ustix View Post
    Nice style of rugby by the blues. I think we can bate them here
    Looking back on the match comments.

Great call. It was 16-13 to them when you posted.

Leave a comment:

• Sea Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
    Not the strongest side ever but a statement that the academy is beginning to work. If we win, it will be a massive and important psychological boost for the young guys.
    Fair play and good call. I was seriously doubting the selection, but the boost must have been massive all right.

Got some boost myself!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X