P14 R5) Cardiff v Us - Saturday 19.35, Arms Park, TG4 Eir&Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post

Agree. Do think if Rhys can stay fit (injured most of last season) it will be a 3 way tussle which can only be a good thing. Interesting to see if Scannell will also be able to up the anti in open play like KOB and Rhys has in the past.....
    Great to have such competition, especially in such an physically exacting position.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post

Agree. Do think if Rhys can stay fit (injured most of last season) it will be a 3 way tussle which can only be a good thing. Interesting to see if Scannell will also be able to up the anti in open play like KOB and Rhys has in the past.....
      I'm no expert (as my posts have shown!), but Rhys has been class for us. He doesn't seem to be his peak level right now, but when you read interviews with him, the determination to succeed he has shown, at home in New Zealand in particular, would make me hopeful he'll get back to his classy best.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
        From this performance and the ospreys one against the Westies it’s hard to see us not getting a very good start in Europe over there.
        Yep, would hope also that Racing can get one over on a Sarries side still distracted by what might have been in Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Yep, would hope also that Racing can get one over on a Sarries side still distracted by what might have been in Tokyo.
          Hammer them into a nil all draw maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Not to mention the salary cap announcement...if that hasn’t been buried.

Comment

Hammer them into a nil all draw maybe.
              With 6 red cards apiece

Comment

Actually shapes up quite nicely for us, we really should win handily in Swansea, and with Racing coming to us next, we could be in a position to knock them out- or, give ourselves a handy lead at the top of the table, heading into the head to head games.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                  Actually shapes up quite nicely for us, we really should win handily in Swansea, and with Racing coming to us next, we could be in a position to knock them out- or, give ourselves a handy lead at the top of the table, heading into the head to head games.
                  With the big uncertainty being the reintegration of the 12 apostles!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

With the big uncertainty being the reintegration of the 12 apostles!
                    Hopefully JVG can knock the nonsense out of them quick fast.

Comment

The Back Row is shaping up for a tricky selection battle. Wonder if Beirne is now a lock, to fight it out with Fineen and Kleyn and Billy? Even then the Backrow is one of those x into three doesn't go problems from primary school (find x!).

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Not to mention the salary cap announcement...if that hasn’t been buried.
                        That story is being slow-walked in a way I've never seen for one with the possible implications if Saracens have indeed broken the rules. If Slade doesn't hit that miracle touch finder Saracens would probably have won that league 3 times in a row, and if it comes out that they've been gaming the system to assemble a team loaded with internationals from England and other nations and running rampant all over the Premiership and HC, other teams will be furious and rightly so. Everything they've done in the past 3-4 years would be called into question b/c they've been playing with a stacked deck they couldn't obtain within the rules.

Comment

Very happy with that win and how the early part of the season is going, albeit with a caveat of standard of opposition. Early signs under Larkham are very good
                          Marty in the Morning

Comment

Great win and lots of good performances. For me KOB stood out, some great runs and an outrageous dummy on one, lucky for him Joe is gone or his international career would be over allready, you cant have hookers running around throwing dummies.
                            'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegan79 View Post

That story is being slow-walked in a way I've never seen for one with the possible implications if Saracens have indeed broken the rules. If Slade doesn't hit that miracle touch finder Saracens would probably have won that league 3 times in a row, and if it comes out that they've been gaming the system to assemble a team loaded with internationals from England and other nations and running rampant all over the Premiership and HC, other teams will be furious and rightly so. Everything they've done in the past 3-4 years would be called into question b/c they've been playing with a stacked deck they couldn't obtain within the rules.

isn’t it just generally accepted that they have been gaming the system, it’s just waiting for it to be seen in writing???

I wonder had england won the WC would there have been sympathy towards sarries? They would have been the club that gave the most players to the English team, and allowed the core of that team to play together over the last few seasons.

Comment

From this performance and the ospreys one against the Westies it’s hard to see us not getting a very good start in Europe over there.
                                I hate seeing statements like this one, but Ospreys are unlikely to be full strength due to the RWC campaign. Simon Thomas has estimated that Wales front liners Alun Wyn Jones, Justin Tipuric and Owen Watkin won't figure, and Thomas estimates when the other Welsh players will return to club action here:
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X