No announcement yet.

P14 R5) Cardiff v Us - Saturday 19.35, Arms Park, TG4 Eir&Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference a year makes- last year we sent almost our first XV to Cardiff and we got spanked. Heads dropped.

This year a callow side, playing great rugby, comes away with a BP win. It will give the whole squad huge confidence
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Very good concentration throughout- and some very good performances. Best game I have seen Darren o Shea play, but Jack and Fineen immense. JJ was tidy and alive to opportunities throughout, and Goggin, KOB Arnold and Wootton were very good. Daly was decent at FB, as was Knox. Dan is building on the promise of last year- and is looking a very complete player. Poor Cardiff outfit- but we were very solid throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by Call999 View Post
        One swallow does not a summer make.
        i
        True. But that's four swallows now, and one dead duck. And it's autumn BTW. But the green shoots are there for all to see. At this stage of the season and with the RWC, that's more than we could have hoped for.
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

I liked the fact Archer, Oliver, Scannell & co came in with an added edge to them and Daly, mistakes aside on a wet night, he has something about him
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
            The difference a year makes- last year we sent almost our first XV to Cardiff and we got spanked. Heads dropped.

This year a callow side, playing great rugby, comes away with a BP win. It will give the whole squad huge confidence
            Cardiff were far better last year - Anscombe and the 2 centres were outstanding. Having said that there is no doubting the improvment in Munster - especially the backs. Speed and execution seem vastly improved.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

That was a hugely positive performance, overall.

However, I do think there was a negative - we kicked away possession with about a minute on the clock b4 HT and they got 7 pts and went in level.

That was crazy game management and could have cost us dearly. Surprisingly, it was a mistake by one of our most experienced players, Alby.

However he did make up for it with a great 2nd half.

Comment

Starting team against Racing???

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                  Not the strongest side ever but a statement that the academy is beginning to work. If we win, it will be a massive and important psychological boost for the young guys.
                  Fair play and good call. I was seriously doubting the selection, but the boost must have been massive all right.

Got some boost myself!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                    Nice style of rugby by the blues. I think we can bate them here
                    Looking back on the match comments.

Great call. It was 16-13 to them when you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
                      Kevin o Byrne having a fine outing
                      Totally agree. I thought Rhys was under pressure the way KOB's playing, but now I think he's going to put Niall Scannell under a bit of pressure. The one big doubt I have is how hard it is to tell how much of a challenge the opposition are presenting in any of these early season matches.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                        Alby having a fine game
                        Bang on.
                        How many of our line breaks came from his delayed short passes? Seemed like a lot anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Yak View Post
                          That was a hugely positive performance, overall.

However, I do think there was a negative - we kicked away possession with about a minute on the clock b4 HT and they got 7 pts and went in level.

That was crazy game management and could have cost us dearly. Surprisingly, it was a mistake by one of our most experienced players, Alby.

However he did make up for it with a great 2nd half.
                          A different viewpoint on that would be that Alby was playing it well by pinning them back in their own 22. They produced a somewhat fortuitous touch finder in our 22 to set up the try...... 9 times out of 10 they would kick back we field and pin them again. Not everything works out but it was hardly crazy.
                          Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                            Knox did really well for his first start. Carried pretty decently. The Wych is continuing his upward performance curve.

Daly and Goggin impressed also.

I honestly expected a hosing so I'm delighted with the result, and the manner of it's achievement.
                            Agree completely. It was hard to tell if that first scrum penalty for them was against him, but even if it was, he didn't seem to be rattled and as you say was impressive in the loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

Totally agree. I thought Rhys was under pressure the way KOB's playing, but now I think he's going to put Niall Scannell under a bit of pressure. The one big doubt I have is how hard it is to tell how much of a challenge the opposition are presenting in any of these early season matches.
                              Agree. Do think if Rhys can stay fit (injured most of last season) it will be a 3 way tussle which can only be a good thing. Interesting to see if Scannell will also be able to up the anti in open play like KOB and Rhys has in the past.....

Comment

From this performance and the ospreys one against the Westies it’s hard to see us not getting a very good start in Europe over there.

Comment

Working...
                                X